The General Conversation Area

:lol:

hey it's not like i ignore you mate

i count this as 4 now....eggybob, amray, madcapsule and myself. all from herts, beds n bucks.

hmmm...i feel compelled to ask something to our new member....do you hate chiltern radio/Heart as much as everyone else who works in an office 9-5?

Business... has been very good thanks Tach. Today happens to be terrible, probably as it keeps raining.

We'd best wait 'til my broadband usage gets reset in a few days before any PS3 action. I exceeded my allowance and it wouldn't be much fun at the speeds it's currently going... :roll:

Ahh damn :/

Do you have Warhawk? i've been playing it for a few hours over the past two weeks....had a sudden urge to collect trophies....an empty reward as you don't get anything for them *shrugs*

and okay black....i guess i can wait lol

brb

fabricatedlunatic said:
ayase said:
Business... has been very good thanks Tach. Today happens to be terrible, probably as it keeps raining.
You have a business, ayase? May I be so bold as to enquire about the nature of the goods or services you offer?

You've seen the film Deuce bigallo i presume?

same nature...but higher rates

Tach we all know that's not his buisness :p he runs a small detective agency with two girls at his disposal, one has long purple hair the other short orange hair...He's living the dream basically :p although you should see the bills he has to put up with...

Tachi since you've been away i demand (politely) that you take look at my art thread

Somebody hasn't been reading all of my posts :p

I've just opened a bookshop / giftshop. Remainder books mainly, nothing particularly interesting or niche yet. I would love to stock some manga at some point, but only if it's viable. I was going to start by trading on the internet, but a good retail opportunity came up and I took it. I still have to set up the internet side - it would be useful to supplement sales on a slow day like today.

There's been a lot of interest though as I can undercut Waterstones on most things, even new books to order. When a lot of my custom comes from older people who don't buy off the internet and tourists wanting a holiday read that's a pretty good position to be in.

:lol: @Black & Tach

So you're not a gigolo? Aww.

Well, best of luck with that. If I lived anywhere near North Yorkshire I'd no doubt pay you a visit and purchase some of your fine wares. Or at least hang around and nerd up the place.

fab....where in east anglia are you?
thats 5 :D

sadly the gigalo trend was the first to get hit by the credit crunch....Ayase....you could have it as a bookshop....with a coffeeshop aswell..and beanbags...or comfy red chairs.

hold booknights...like waterstones...and hold promotion weeks.
advertise in the local papers...its about a tenner a week.
just some ideas :)

fabricatedlunatic said:
Or at least hang around and nerd up the place.
There's an RPG and Warhammer shop down the road for that :p

Thanks for the support though. If things carry on the way they are I'll do okay, but I need to find something to capture people's attention and get them through the doors. People who come in buy things, but a lot of people don't come in. The local paper are doing a story which should help get things moving.

Some good ideas there too Tach, some I'm already considering. :thumb:

hi mono...long time no speak.
haven't been on msn much have you? or you've deleted me ;)

there's a Techy from I.T here to change over our old computers for new ones....he's said to the office last week (in my absence) that he'll need our passwords....so i'll correct him that no he really doesn't.
he's spent the past 2 hours changing 2 pc's over....and 30minutes browsing the internet on arabic websites.
he's treading on thin ground and doesn't even know it. i'm either going to come down on his work like a ton of bricks. and explain that as all the log ins and data are stored on the servers. and that all my colleagues should do is move our C drive info into our U drive (personal folders which are locked and password protected for their sole user...nobody can access anothers U drive) thus the exchange of computers will be a 10 minute job at the most...he doesn't need to change cables...its a simple exchange of base unit and screen. and it shouldn't take all day. they don't ghost info across anymore nor do they require the technician to browse the internet.
if he want's to make a issue of it and argue with me i'll be on the fone to the head office....whom i'm friends with the senior technicians. this n00b is out of his depth.

I'm fine thanks mono :) Been up to much?

@Ayase you wouldn't happen to have the Zeta Gundam DVDs that bandai released in the states would you? I want to know what they are like before i go looking for good deals.

Good to hear Black :)

I'm jsut playing Pokemon Diamond at the moment. I managed to catch a shiny Ariados yesterday which is the first shiny I have ever caught and plus the day I caught it on has been the day when I first started Diamond two years ago :D

Nice :D i remember my first shiny pokemon on silver, was one of the ladybug pokemon, never saw one since on silver/gold or Pearl. Come to think of it i only ever got one of the legendary dogs on silver

Back