The General Conversation Area

Just checking back over the last week or so's conversation and resurrecting bits I'm interested in - don't mind me. ;)

Rui said:
I suppose for me as a woman, less broadly masculine men of all flavours (whether really a cross dressing woman, simply effeminate in the way they act or just extremely openly homosexual but otherwise traditionally "manly" in other respects) just come across as less "threatening"; illogical sometimes but it often makes it feel as though they might be easier for me to relate to or be without the hidden agenda a lot of overtly straight males tend to have when speaking to a woman. Of course once you get to know them there's a complete spectrum of personalities involved no matter how a person dresses, acts or looks. It's just an interesting quirk which tends to break down some of the completely unnecessary barriers between the genders which our society likes to encourage.
I know that's a fairly common view for women to have, but the more I think about it, the more I think that's the same reason I'm drawn to the less feminine, more masculine female characters (Ryuunosuke, Kei, Revy <3). They behave in a way which I'm more comfortable with and can understand. That is, a more straightforward way, unlike most women.

Not to be sexist, but there are certain female attitudes I not only dislike but outright refuse to make any time for. I just groan and leave the room for example any time a television programme encounters a "relationship trouble" segment. Either you love each other or you don't - Get On With It!* Not that I blame the majority of either gender for behaving the way they do - that, as you say, is society's fault. And it's not to say I don't dislike a lot of predominant male attitudes too, but they bother me less as male companionship means far less to me than the female kind.

This kind of thinking makes me feel more like an inverse woman than a man sometimes - and I don't mean that in a transvestic way, or that I think I have more feminine sensibilities - I mean that I seem to think about women more the way women think about men than the way men think about women. Whilst still actually thinking like a man rather than a woman. If that makes any sense... :?

*Must be said in the style of the army from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

ayase said:
Not to be sexist, but there are certain female attitudes I not only dislike but outright refuse to make any time for. I just groan and leave the room for example any time a television programme encounters a "relationship trouble" segment. Either you love each other or you don't - Get On With It!* Not that I blame the majority of either gender for behaving the way they do - that, as you say, is society's fault. And it's not to say I don't dislike a lot of predominant male attitudes too, but they bother me less as male companionship means far less to me than the female kind.

Agree there. Whenever I get to any situation where the entire drama would be instantly resolved by the two people actually talking *to* one another as respected equals but instead drags on through silly gender cliches I just want to scream. I get along much better with people who are a bit fuzzy about their gender roles - people who try too hard to act like our culturally stereotypical men or stereotypical women end up being way too confusing.

R

Otaku-san said:
o lolx Amray check out my custom title

tank u plox

I see. So Bridget has finally moved on from me then. I am only a part of his past now. All that remains now is that amazing Doujinshi of him that I have some images of...

Haha, no it is a good title! All I can do is wait until my greatest heroine, Akira Kogami, is 16. She has always been my favourite. Actually, no, I'll have her now. But I promise not to do anything illegal until she is the right age.

Amray said:
Haha, no it is a good title! All I can do is wait until my greatest heroine, Akira Kogami, is 16. She has always been my favourite. Actually, no, I'll have her now. But I promise not to do anything illegal until she is the right age.

Arrr man she scares the crap outta me, not my type of loli. Hazuki i could deal with though

plus thread needs more cute

7e5951652aef8edd5ed45808c93bdc30ca94680e.jpg

Rui said:
ayase said:

Agree there. Whenever I get to any situation where the entire drama would be instantly resolved by the two people actually talking *to* one another as respected equals but instead drags on through silly gender cliches I just want to scream. I get along much better with people who are a bit fuzzy about their gender roles - people who try too hard to act like our culturally stereotypical men or stereotypical women end up being way too confusing.

R

How about pulling out guns? Armed divorce would decrease the number of heated arguments, number of people of small character and the horrendous fees paid to family lawyers. Oh yeah, and it would also decrease the number of neighbours not sleeping, because a pair of fools decided that 02:34 is the perfect time for throwing around kitchen utensils and destroying furniture. And yes, I am talking from experience. It is pure pleasure to listen to the retards next door when you have school in the morning.

Derfel said:
And yes, I am talking from experience. It is pure pleasure to listen to the retards next door when you have school in the morning.
I suppose at other times it could be a guilty bit of Schadenfreude to eavesdrop, but early in the morning I wouldn't be able to tolerate it very much.
(Albeit unwillingly, I myself have heard my current neighbours interacting in a somewhat different manner...)

Otaku-san said:
Arrr man she scares the crap outta me, not my type of loli. Hazuki i could deal with though

Haha, this is probably the only disagreement with taste that we have had thus far. Akira is exactly the personality type that I like! ...EXACTLY! I like girls with angry attitudes and I like them better if they are cute, so when a really cute little pink haired loli came onto my television with pink hair, and then she went into a tantrum trance, I fell in love! She has been my favourite, not only Lucky Star character but, anime character ever since I watched all of her scenes. I even have a Nendoroid figure of her here with me. ^_^

Zin5ki said:
Derfel said:
And yes, I am talking from experience. It is pure pleasure to listen to the retards next door when you have school in the morning.
I suppose at other times it could be a guilty bit of Schadenfreude to eavesdrop, but early in the morning I wouldn't be able to tolerate it very much.
(Albeit unwillingly, I myself have heard my current neighbours interacting in a somewhat different manner...)

Yes! Someone understands my pain.

Thank you, thank you. A bit of happiness I could indeed appreciate. Bloody UPS (arrgghh) lied about my Photoshop delivery for the second time (said I couldn't sign/wasn't home, when I was sitting here all along), Royal Mail (or their lackey Parcelfarce) didn't deliver the package my parents sent. I decided I hate logistics. I want to destroy it.

BUT, on the other hand, I started watching Scrapped Princess, in accordance with the recommendations, and so far it has been ok. Though there were moments that clearly asked for fast forward.

Derfel said:
Thank you, thank you. A bit of happiness I could indeed appreciate. Bloody UPS (arrgghh) lied about my Photoshop delivery for the second time (said I couldn't sign/wasn't home, when I was sitting here all along), Royal Mail (or their lackey Parcelfarce) didn't deliver the package my parents sent. I decided I hate logistics. I want to destroy it.
Tell me about it. It should now be complulsory for delivery drivers to have Sat-Nav. It's not so bad now I live in town but when I lived out in the countryside it was terrible:

*ring ring*

"Hi, I'm calling from UPS, I've got a delivery here for you. Where abouts are you?"
"Well, I'm where it says on your delivery address - Where are you?"
"Er, I've just gone through such-and-such-village."
"On which road in which direction..?"

(Discussion continues to cover distinguishing trees, fields, walls, sheep etc...)

Happy birthday by the way... ;)

ayase said:
Derfel said:
Tell me about it. It should now be complulsory for delivery drivers to have Sat-Nav. It's not so bad now I live in town but when I lived out in the countryside it was terrible:

*ring ring*

"Hi, I'm calling from UPS, I've got a delivery here for you. Where abouts are you?"

(Discussion continues to cover distinguishing trees, fields, walls, sheep etc...)

Thank you!

I have read some stories on the net. Although most are American or Canadian ones, the service UPS offers is appalling.

Trees, fields, walls I understand. But sheep. That has to be a joke rofl. You could put that situation in a comedy.

Yeah, the sheep wasn't an accurate depiction of events, though I did often feel like saying it just to wind them up.

"Can you see any sheep? If so, what colour are the markings on them?"

And I feel like I'm slowly becoming my own sit-com... I'm about 70% of the way to being Bernard Black. All I need is more cigarettes and alcohol - but as no-one can smoke in shops anymore I'll never get there now. :roll:

ayase said:
Derfel said:

*ring ring*

Yeah- Only problem is where I live, SatNav sends them up the road even though it's closed and they refuse to belive us. This also happens the other way, people try to use a road thats not there.

We have the same country problems :lol:

Spyro201 said:
Only problem is where I live, SatNav sends them up the road even though it's closed and they refuse to belive us. This also happens the other way, people try to use a road thats not there.

We have the same country problems :lol:

:lol:

That's fun though, you get to watch people drive their brand new Mercs up 1 in 4 gradients paved with rubble.

Back