The General Conversation Area

Been playing D&D tonight but my Half-Orc Bard died. 😭

It's been a brutal combat that's also seen our cleric die and everyone else in the party has been down at least once. Our planning for this fight went so horribly wrong!

Been playing D&D tonight but my Half-Orc Bard died. 😭
RIP. My Sorcerer will raise a glass next time I’m in the Realms (which has been way too long but will hopefully not be too much longer now lockdown’s most of the way over).

—-

(possibly) random thought for the day: Spirit Guide or Succubus, how do you tell the difference?

Ignore me while I let out how hyped I am from today's announcements

Dragon Quest 12 announced with simultanius worldwide release, Dragon Quest 10 solo version in the works, Dragon Quest 1-3 remakes Octopatch traveller style.

This has been a good day.

thought i was safe from the terrible new blu-ray cases that manga started using that has the disc tray that is domed instead of being flat like it warped in production but i got Titans season 2 in the post today and instead of using the dualsided disc cases they normally use they switched to these damn cases now so i guess they're spreading

How you feeling @D1tchd1gger ?

tenor.gif

Been tearing my hair out trying to solve an issue with my tv.

Got a new soundbar which annoyingly didn't come with the cables to the tv so I used the hdmi from the Switch Dock as a substitute until I got a new one. Worked fine. New cable arrives and I swap it around but wait... it stopped working.

Thought I had a dud cable so swapped it back and still not working. Tried other cables and no luck, also my switch no longer displays an image.

I figure this must be a handshake issue so I switch everything off and go through the painstaking process of plugging everything back in slowly to reset the hdmi but no luck. Try many times and nothing.

Can still control the devices wirh the remote and they appear on the tv inputs interface correctly but no image or sound is coming out. At least the ps5 still works fine but this is infuriating as I was troubleshooting all throughout yesterday with no results. Dunno what else to do.

Got a new soundbar which annoyingly didn't come with the cables to the tv so I used the hdmi from the Switch Dock as a substitute until I got a new one. Worked fine. New cable arrives and I swap it around but wait... it stopped working.

Thought I had a dud cable so swapped it back and still not working. Tried other cables and no luck, also my switch no longer displays an image.

I figure this must be a handshake issue so I switch everything off and go through the painstaking process of plugging everything back in slowly to reset the hdmi but no luck. Try many times and nothing.

Can still control the devices wirh the remote and they appear on the tv inputs interface correctly but no image or sound is coming out. At least the ps5 still works fine but this is infuriating as I was troubleshooting all throughout yesterday with no results. Dunno what else to do.
Maybe part of the Switch cable's connector came loose and got stuck in the HDMI port. Or maybe swapping the cables around got some dust or other debris wedged into the port. Is the problem only happening on one of the TV's HDMI ports?

Just gonna check, but sound bars from my knowledge require the HDMI to be an Arc HDMI (And not all TV's have a HDMI Arc input). Other wise you genrally have to use a differnt methord like an optical cable.

EDIT: Oh forget that, just noticed you had it working and then it stopped.

It's not a Sono's bar I hate them with there app only control setup.

Last edited:
Maybe part of the Switch cable's connector came loose and got stuck in the HDMI port. Or maybe swapping the cables around got some dust or other debris wedged into the port. Is the problem only happening on one of the TV's HDMI ports?
No it's happening in multiple ports. Forgot to mention I did try the Switch in another port
Just gonna check, but sound bars from my knowledge require the HDMI to be an Arc HDMI (And not all TV's have a HDMI Arc input). Other wise you genrally have to use a differnt methord like an optical cable.

EDIT: Oh forget that, just noticed you had it working and then it stopped.

It's not a Sono's bar I hate them with there app only control setup.
Yea it's in an arc port. It's actually an lg soundbar

EDIT: Interesting update. Decided to plug my switch into the sound bar directly through the hdmi in (I wanted a direct tv connection but oh well) and it was recognised. I'm convinced the issue is with the tv ports. I could try blowing it out I suppose.

Last edited:
Update kinda.

Did a self diagnosis on the tv and it picks up the devices fine (just ya know no picture on the Switch or sound from the soundbar)

Tested the cables. Even just bought a brand new one but still no luck.

Tested the devices. Sound bar still plays its inbuilt demo song fine and switch gave audio input through the soundbar (but no picture to tv). At best from this I could say maybe it's the soundbar hdmi port but that wouldn't explain why I have the same issue with the Switch then.

Might say screw it and call lg support on Tuesday when they open. I dunno what else I can do.

Back