The General Conversation Area

It's nice to be off and get stuff done and I'm going out with work friends tomorrow, had the most abusive customer I've had in many many years of jobs and it was so bad we had to fill in incident reports, I am so tired and hope they never try to do anything horrible here ever again, I'm still narked about it and it gives me the heebie jeebies thinking about it

It's nice to be off and get stuff done and I'm going out with work friends tomorrow, had the most abusive customer I've had in many many years of jobs and it was so bad we had to fill in incident reports, I am so tired and hope they never try to do anything horrible here ever again, I'm still narked about it and it gives me the heebie jeebies thinking about it

I've never had bad customers to the point of incident reports but after a while of having to put up with s.hit people who clearly love being s.hitstains for their own sake, I told myself that I wouldn't spend my time out of work thinking about it or giving them anything resembling an inkling of attention, even if only in my mind.

Not one second more outside of what I had already had to put up with when dealing with them.

I know it helps some to externalize it and talk about it, but f that. Slipknot were right lol

I've never had bad customers to the point of incident reports but after a while of having to put up with s.hit people who clearly love being s.hitstains for their own sake, I told myself that I wouldn't spend my time out of work thinking about it or giving them anything resembling an inkling of attention, even if only in my mind.

Not one second more outside of what I had already had to put up with when dealing with them.

I know it helps some to externalize it and talk about it, but f that. Slipknot were right lol

I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm a small woman who lives by herself so I'm also incredibly guarded because if let's say, someone is really aggressive or has stalker traits, I could potentially be in danger and it means outside of work, unfortunately I do have to think about it. I know what you mean though, but I'm having to consider things like that too and it's not like I'm choosing to hyperfixate on it as such. Slipknot were right about some people = s*** but hey, most of us are gooduns at least! Haha.

I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm a small woman who lives by herself so I'm also incredibly guarded because if let's say, someone is really aggressive or has stalker traits, I could potentially be in danger and it means outside of work, unfortunately I do have to think about it. I know what you mean though, but I'm having to consider things like that too and it's not like I'm choosing to hyperfixate on it as such. Slipknot were right about some people = s*** but hey, most of us are gooduns at least! Haha.

Damn dude, the situation is bad as is, but being a woman can be even more aggravating indeed. The amount of casual sexism you witness in customer service scratch that-everywhere is astounding. I know one can't help but fixating on a situation and the injustice of it (as well as imaginary scenarios of justice being painfully served lol). Try to not let it get you down in the long run, I guess is what I mean!

I can't be of any help but you should get a punching bag. I'm only half joking.

@Donut I feel so sad for you ;-; I really hope you are and will continue to be safe :) <3

Thank you bub <3 I'll feel better after some rest but I'm glad my colleagues are aware of the situation, I hope you're well!
Damn dude, the situation is bad as is, but being a woman can be even more aggravating indeed. The amount of casual sexism you witness in customer service scratch that-everywhere is astounding. I know one can't help but fixating on a situation and the injustice of it (as well as imaginary scenarios of justice being painfully served lol). Try to not let it get you down in the long run, I guess is what I mean!

I can't be of any help but you should get a punching bag. I'm only half joking.

Right?? I wish I could teleport into an eight foot monster sometimes to scate them off! But I promise I won't let it get me down, thank you! (if it cheers you up, we DO have a punching bag and it's currently on the floor off the hook because I may have accidentally kicked it too hard the other day........................)

Thank you bub <3 I'll feel better after some rest but I'm glad my colleagues are aware of the situation, I hope you're well!

Eating too many sweets as always but otherwise good, it's nice having my mum here cuz I feel much less lonely than I usually do, thankyou so much for asking! :)

Re: Customer Service

As someone who for a long time worked in such jobs, and now am again (after swearing never to do so) I very strongly believe our society’s entire ethos around customer service is wrong, and needs to be rectified.

People deserve to be treated with respect ONLY if they treat YOU with respect. The customer is not always right, and when they’re wrong they deserve to be told as such in no uncertain terms. Businesses obsession with keeping the business of absolute a*seh*les not only encourages people to behave in unacceptable ways, but puts a massive strain on the mental health of frontline customer facing staff. You’re basically asked to internalise and crush within you other people’s anger and frustration, or spew it all back out to a therapist. And so the cycle continues.

All businesses should adopt the pub landlord approach, behave like a d*ckhead and get told to eff off and not come back. Perhaps it would encourage people to be more reasonable if they knew they wouldn’t get anywhere by throwing tantrums. It is genuinely like being told to badly parent children (which is how a lot of these people behave) by giving them what they want when they scream loudly, rather than giving them a smack and telling them to go to their rooms.

I wish I could teleport into an eight foot monster sometimes to scate them off!
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f594d72377865355076636c4661773d3d2d3838333837333038302e313630653666613231303464313530373534323534343937313539392e676966

I'll be honest reading that thing about hitting kids made me really upset I don't think it is right to hit children. But I agree with what @ayase said about not trying to retain the business of horribly abusive customers and how it hurts the frontline staff, I have other friends in those jobs and they are suffering and have seen other employees leave cuz they couldn't handle it :(

I'll be honest reading that thing about hitting kids made me really upset I don't think it is right to hit children. But I agree with what @ayase said about not trying to retain the business of horribly abusive customers and how it hurts the frontline staff, I have other friends in those jobs and they are suffering and have seen other employees leave cuz they couldn't handle it
I would certainly wish to differentiate proportionate discipline from domestic abuse, which is something I'm sadly all too familiar with (while I thankfully didn't suffer it myself, close family members were on both the dishing out and receiving ends of it and those are complicated feelings to live with. Not just limited to how I feel about those people, but how there is very likely some genetic disposition within me towards anger and violence which only gets closer to the surface the more I have to deal with awful people). I'm afraid I just don't really see how anybody learns to treat other people with respect if there aren't consequences for their behaviour. I think the entitled attitude of a not-insignificant number of people from abusive anti-social kids to moaning Karens to unrepentant tax-dodging millionaires and our grifting, murdering, war-criminal rulers is in a large part down to the fact they never have to face any. Would people do such sh*tty things if they expected to be punished? But in this twisted mess of a society we've created, they instead expect to be rewarded, and what's more they often are.

Addendum: I am nothing if not passionate, in both extremes. Moderation is not really a concept I get along with. This is fine when people are nice, because I can repay their niceness in kind and everyone will be happy, that's allowed. What's not allowed is repaying people's sh*ttiness in kind, which is the kind of thing that requires me to have a counsellor on speed-dial. But they aren't the ones who deserve having me rant to them and neither is anyone here, really. The people who deserve it are the people who dish it out in the first place, and it rather makes me wish the concept of mutually assured destruction could be adopted on an individual level.

Last edited:
feeling really apprehensive today eugh, I had a really lovely night out with my work friends and I think I mixed drinks a bit too much without meaning to, this being the first proper time out with friends in a year like properly-properly, and nothing terrible happened but I woke up feeling dirty? horrible? I don't know how to describe it? I knew I didn't eat enough because I had a tiny lunch, met everyone around 5, and after a couple of drinks I was really feeling it and cried and then I had food and felt better but in the toilets I didn't recognize myself in the mirror and my best work friend recognized that I was having a disassociative episode and it was really hard to pinpoint why, because it was such a nice night. Maybe being overwhelmed and somewhat due? But I ended up waking up today feeling weird about it. I think I just need carbs, naps and to take it gentle and I wish I had more words for this.

I'm so sorry Donut it must be difficult and confusing experiencing things like that :( <3 I'm glad you have some idea of what you need though, I really hope those things help you. I sleep during the day sometimes when I feel down or depleted and it's not always what I need but sometimes it really is just the thing. I don't drink alcohol so I don't have much advice on recovery from effects but definitely be gentle with yourself as you said. I don't know if you meant you felt physically unclean or more like you had done something morally wrong or that you think is morally wrong, but it really does not sound to me like you did anything bad :) Sending best wishes to you :) <3

I'm so sorry Donut it must be difficult and confusing experiencing things like that :( <3 I'm glad you have some idea of what you need though, I really hope those things help you. I sleep during the day sometimes when I feel down or depleted and it's not always what I need but sometimes it really is just the thing. I don't drink alcohol so I don't have much advice on recovery from effects but definitely be gentle with yourself as you said. I don't know if you meant you felt physically unclean or more like you had done something morally wrong or that you think is morally wrong, but it really does not sound to me like you did anything bad :) Sending best wishes to you :) <3

You're really sweet <3 It means a lot, I'm going to order pizza in later and watch cartoons and not do very much today until I feel more with it again. I think there was a lot going on last night between my work friends, like one person had one stress and would leave early because she wasn't doing mentally well and another work friend had so and so going on and maybe it's second hand anxiety for them too but nothing bad happened, I did feel slightly guilty for letting my best guy friend at work hug me a lot but my boyfriend is chill about it and I don't know why that made me feel so guilty, I cuddle plenty with my female friends and work friends, I felt bad but maybe because when I'm drunk I just cry over wanting food or tiny things sometimes :p It was a lovely evening and I can't pinpoint it but I hope this feeling passes and I appreciate your love <3 Hope you're okay x

I'm ok thankyou just busy atm cuz my mum is visiting so we're trying to get a lot of things done that have been put off for various reasons XP I agree that you have no reason to feel bad about what you did :) Pizza is so good now I want some haha, I hope you have a lovely evening and I'd be interested to hear what cartoons you watched if you wanna talk about cartoons sometime :) <3 Oh also I cry over such things... when fully sober 😅 🤣 "drunk M&M, sober M&M they all cry over the same things in the end" XP

I'm ok thankyou just busy atm cuz my mum is visiting so we're trying to get a lot of things done that have been put off for various reasons XP I agree that you have no reason to feel bad about what you did :) Pizza is so good now I want some haha, I hope you have a lovely evening and I'd be interested to hear what cartoons you watched if you wanna talk about cartoons sometime :) <3 Oh also I cry over such things... when fully sober 😅 🤣 "drunk M&M, sober M&M they all cry over the same things in the end" XP

I remember you saying you were seeing your mum, I hope it's comfy as much as it is productive! Thank you, maybe I'm just out of it for crying randomly and feeling bad today, it might be like, apprehension and wanting to be able to see my boyfriend soon too, waiting to be vaccinated, I wonder if that's it? I can cuddle and hug my friends but not him yet D: I'm super down to talk about cartoons btw, feel free to shoot a message! I like the M and M quote! 😄

Back