The General Conversation Area

With the time zone difference, me being 5 hours behind GMT (I'm in Eastern Daylight Time, EDT)
A pedant writes: you're only 4 hours behind GMT! You're 5 hours behind British Summer Time, BST 😜
Because you guys change clocks at a different time to us there's a week or two where you are only 4 hours behind. I watch the NFL so you have to keep an eye out for kick off times over here when it happens in Autumn.

A pedant writes: you're only 4 hours behind GMT! You're 5 hours behind British Summer Time, BST 😜
Because you guys change clocks at a different time to us there's a week or two where you are only 4 hours behind. I watch the NFL so you have to keep an eye out for kick off times over here when it happens in Autumn.
Yeah, yeah, let's get technical, lol... I do keep a world clock on the left screen of my Windows desktop at all times because of my communications with other forum member friends across the globe, and also for tracking purposes when I'm Importing anime from other parts of the world....

qlock.jpg

Yeah, yeah, let's get technical, lol... I do keep a world clock on the left screen of my Windows desktop at all times because of my communications with other forum member friends across the globe, and also for tracking purposes when I'm Importing anime from other parts of the world....

qlock.jpg
Interesting Seoul and Tokyo have the same time, thought they'd be at least an hour apart!

Also I don't even know what either of you looks like so even if I were to do such a thing I'd be shipping llama Kyon with whoever is Ayase's current avatar anyway
I mean “what anime character do you most resemble?” is an interesting topic in itself. In another odd bit of life imitating art, I chose my username here because I admired Ayase from YKK as a character (being a free spirit who goes his own way, but doesn’t really bother anyone else and just lives his peaceful solitary existence - still working on the not bothering people and sense of peace, those things appear to require money in our world, unfortunately) but 13 years on, I find I do now pretty much look like him as well (the older, scruffier version rather than the slick looking younger version, unfortunately) so if you must imagine me, imagine me this way.
yk09_140.jpg
I need to start with the bandanna as well, it might help cover up the hair loss.

Question for anyone to answer

I'm just wondering how often (if at all) you swap parts between Nendoroids

Do you keep all the boxes for Nendoroids or split them to save room?

I mean “what anime character do you most resemble?” is an interesting topic in itself.
It is, and it would make for a good forum game.

Hmmm... 🤔
I reckon... that if there's an anime character I physically resemble, then he must be in an anime I haven't seen, because I don't recall ever seeing an anime character and going "Oh my god, that's me!"

Certainly not in the way that @Professor Irony's had the opportunity to do, anyway. 😛

I don’t usually swap parts between any of mine. I do have the boxes for a lot of mine, but I don’t keep anything in them atm. I took all the parts and individually bagged them per figure and kept them all in a box for easier access. I’ve mostly kept the original Nendoroid boxes for if I move and need better protection for the figures.

I throw all of the boxes away, no matter how expensive the figure. Nendoroids go on display and all of the spare parts go into a container all jumbled up together (I very rarely re-pose them anyway). I tend to keep them with their original parts but my partner freely mixes them up so that everyone looks as though they're cosplaying. Muahahaha.

R

I don't swap the parts often, but I do keep all the boxes. Sometimes when I get a box down for whatever reason, I might do a pose change because why not. Otherwise I find one I'm happy with and just leave it like that for a while.
I don't often change my figma's poses either. Once I find a pose I like I tend to just leave it!

Back