The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Re: The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thr

It'll be interesting to see if they go with combat closer to Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas. In New Vegas, where you shoot is generally where you hit outside of VATS (great for extreme range sniping, if a little "non RPG") while Fallout 3 had obvious dice rolls even outside of VATS. I think I preferred the New Vegas system because it generally looked better in combat, I guess it also made it easier to explore without every enemy being a challenge (although not everyone would say that's a good thing). I suppose a better outcome would be a whole new and improved combat system that looks great but also makes use of your character.

I really enjoy the Fallout/Elder Scrolls games but I've generally struggled with the main storylines. I did finish Fallout 3 and Skyrim but more in a "get it done" sense than actually because I was inspired to. Still, they often have fun side quests and faction quest lines (we need more assassin quest lines) but that just makes it even stranger that they can't seem to get a good main story.

I do kind of miss the turn based combat of the original Fallout games. Nothing like slowly walking up to an enemy, punching them in the eyes and then watching them fall over and drift for ten hexes before having a pool of blood appear under them. Good times. To be fair, turn based games have come back a bit since X-COM (though maybe not as much as I'd hoped).

I'm really excited for Fallout 4. I loved going through the Super Mutant infested ruins of DC, and travelling across the Mojave wasteland, and this one looks like it will take place in Boston, so I'm looking forward to exploring around there. This will be insta buy for me and hopefully there will be a awesome CE too.

So bizarre to me that they would announce this now. What's their E3 focus going to be, Doom? Skyrim HD remake?

ilmaestro said:
So bizarre to me that they would announce this now. What's their E3 focus going to be, Doom? Skyrim HD remake?

Well their conference will be doom gameplay and fallout 4 gameplay. People will turn up/tune in just to watch that. I think some devs are scared of losing coverage during e3 due to the amount of news that comes out during the week so get the hype started early and get them column inches before everyone else.

ilmaestro said:

I'd still expect it to be a strong focus of their event. We'll probably get an extended gameplay demo. I'm also hoping for Dishonered 2 myself. The first one was great. Also excited to see what the new Doom will look like.

ilmaestro said:
Brink 2 :wink:

But honestly, I'd assume we'll get proper gameplay and a idea of the scale of the world. Does seem kinda strange to out such a huge title before e3, even if we all knew it was coming. Hopefully Dishonored 2 is revealed, even if it's gonna be hard to follow Fallout 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

britguy said:
ilmaestro said:

Well their conference will be doom gameplay and fallout 4 gameplay. People will turn up/tune in just to watch that. I think some devs are scared of losing coverage during e3 due to the amount of news that comes out during the week so get the hype started early and get them column inches before everyone else.
Isn't that exactly why they have their conference the day before E3 actually starts anyway? ^^;

Buzzkillington said:
ilmaestro said:
Brink 2 :wink:
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Squid Girl costume coming soon to Splatoon

Squid_Girl_squiddin_me.jpg

The first three Uncharted games will be remastered for the PlayStation 4 as the Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection. The collection also includes the multiplayer demo for Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator officially unveils the Jack-O character

XSeed: Corpse Party Blood Drive is likely to be uncensored upon release

Kotaku have streamed some gameplay for (ahem):

Summer-Colored High School ★ Adolescent Record ~ A Summer At School On An Island Where I Contemplate How The First Day After I Transferred, I Ran Into A Childhood Friend And Was Forced To Join The Journalism Club Where While My Days As A Paparazzi Kid With Great Scoops Made Me Rather Popular Among The Girls, But Strangely My Camera Is Full Of Panty Shots, And Where My Candid Romance Is Going. ~

or Summer-Colored High School for short.

Japan's new thing seems to be overly descriptive titles.

Can't tell if this is taking the piss of that or just taking it to its logical conclusion.

XSeed have announced plans to bring over the following titles:

- Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair [PS4] ~ ETA: This Fall
- Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale (PoPoLoCrois Bokujō Monogatari) [3DS] ~ ETA: This Winter
- Senran Kagura: Estival Versus [PS4|Vita] ~ ETA: This Winter
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (Eiyū Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki) [PS3|Vita] ~ ETA: This Fall
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (Eiyū Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki II) [PS3|Vita]

NIS America will be releasing The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel for Europe.

Always wanted to try a Senran Kagura game but never picked one up. Might try the PS4 one when it releases.

I don't expect Marvellous Europe to release a retail version for Estival Versus and I also don't expect XSeed to release the game uncensored over in the states (the 'hand' in the dressing room). It's a no-win situation for me.

Tales of Berseria was officially announced for Sony consoles (PS3 and PS4 respectively) over at Tales of Festival!

TalesofBerseria_Logo.jpg
CG0RKWVUQAE8002.png

It marks the first Tales title to solely feature a female protagonist called Velvet, voiced by Rina Satou who actually auditioned for the role, according to what was shown at the event. The main character designer for Velvet is Mutsumi Inomata. Velvet is "apparently a female pirate, and themes of pirates and ships were shown during the short scenery video they played at the event". Ufotable will return to animate the scenes.

Yay new Tales of game ^_^ The story sounds interesting and I love Velvet's design <3

Back