The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Re: The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thr

demonix said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Rice Digital has listed Persona 5 for pre order giving a tentative 2015 release date. This is the first retailer I've seen accepting pre orders. Does this confirm P5 is coming to EU in 2015?

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/persona-5-ps4
ShopTo has been accepting pre-orders for ages especially when they thought it was being released two months ago.

Oh wow, totally missed that. Another thing I missed:

35bdKuT.png

So I guess this doesn't confirm an EU release. However it's really awesome to hear that Rice Digital is planning on importing the US version if it doesn't see an EU release for whatever reason. I'd much rather go through a UK based company so there isn't any import tax or slow delivery time.

IncendiaryLemon said:
So I guess this doesn't confirm an EU release. However it's really awesome to hear that Rice Digital is planning on importing the US version if it doesn't see an EU release for whatever reason. I'd much rather go through a UK based company so there isn't any import tax or slow delivery time.

I'm sure Atlus will release P5 to Europe and the UK, since the other Persona games like Golden, Arena and Arena Ultimax were handled by them. Then again we didn't get Shin Megami Tensei IV in retail form so who knows.

As for Rice Digital, I noticed they were also offering Guilty Gear Xrd Sign which isn't out for the UK and also Xblaze Code:Embryo before a UK version was announced.

NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

I'm sure Atlus will release P5 to Europe and the UK, since the other Persona games like Golden, Arena and Arena Ultimax were handled by them. Then again we didn't get Shin Megami Tensei IV in retail form so who knows.

As for Rice Digital, I noticed they were also offering Guilty Gear Xrd Sign which isn't out for the UK and also Xblaze Code:Embryo before a UK version was announced.
Only golden was handled by them as arena was released by pqube and arena ultimax was released by sega (I did mention that when the release of arena ultimax was announced).

demonix said:
NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Only golden was handled by them as arena was released by pqube and arena ultimax was released by sega (I did mention that when the release of arena ultimax was announced).

Ah my mistake, then again Atlus is releasing Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker so that's something.

And speaking of the Shin Megami Tensei series, Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call (Nocturne) is now available to download on the European PlayStation Network.

That's cool, I've been wanting to play that for a while. The only SMT games I have really played are Persona 4/Golden and Persona 3 Portable and I love them, they're two of my favourite games of all time. I did give SMT4 on the 3DS ago but I gave up after about 15 or so hours. I found the overworld incredibly frustrating and the game was pretty vague at telling you where to go at times. That and the bland characters didn't do it any favours either. I've heard 3 is better, so I might give it a shot.

Still bummed you can't play PS2 games from the store on PS4.

Oh wow, 6 months late, digital only and still charging £40, talk about a slap in the face....No doubt the DLC won't be included either, so buying a game with characters behind a paywall at launch....I'm a massive fan of fighting games, I buy almost all of them, but my hype for this game died a while back now, I mean the fact Jam and Baiken weren't in it annoyed me to begin with. Ahwel, it's a shame as I can't see this selling well, which in turn is only going to reinforce the "why bother?" attitude they have towards the EU.

It's also pretty funny to be launching a week after Street Fighter IV on the PS4, which is coming out at what looks like half the price....yeah, good luck with that.

Well, SFIV is six years old at this point, and GGX is pretty much the best looking console game available.

Sword Art Online Lost Song is coming to the West for PS Vita and PS4 and will be getting a physical release!

IiWfQDN.jpg

Also, re: Hollow Fragment, an enhanced(unsure if it is yet, but likely will be) port of the Vita game will be coming to PS4 too, but appears to be digital only

f1fgotC.jpg

Great to see them coming to PS4 - will definitely be grabbing both of those as I've held off the Vita version so far.

I guess if you're porting Vita games to PS4, at least the PS4 might be able to handle it (yes, I'm unimpressed with the situation surrounding SFIV).

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroine Infinite Duel will be heading to PlayStation 3 and 4!

Nitroplus_Blasterz.jpg

In addition there will be more playable characters including Super Sonico (who was previously a support character for the arcade version).

Nitroplus Blasterz is a crossover fighting game that combines characters from various Nitroplus works into one place, similar to Aquapazza and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. These characters come from such works including eroge visual novels, Gen Urobuchi works and anime.

Playable characters:
- Anna, from Gekko no Carnevale (light novel)
- Ein, from Phantom of Inferno (visual novel)
- Ethica Kibanohara, from Tokyo Necro (visual novel)
- Ignis, from Jingai Makyo (visual novel)
- Mora, from Vampirdzhija Vjedogonia (visual novel)
- Muramasa, from Full Metal Daemon: Muramasa (visual novel)
- Ruili, from Kikokugai: The Cyber Slayer (visual novel)
- Saber, from Fate/Zero (light novel)
- Saya, from Saya no Uta: The Song of Saya (visual novel)
- Super Sonico, from Nitroplus' mascot (mascot)
- Yuki Takeya, from Gakko Gurashi (anime)

Supporting characters:
- Akane Tsunemori, from Psycho-Pass (anime)
- Althea, from Hakubo no Dendoshi (light novel)
- Angela Balza, from Expelled from Paradise (anime)
- Another Blood, from Kishin Hishou Demonbane (visual novel)
- Aoi Mukou, from Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi (visual novel)
- Dragon, from Dra†KoI (visual novel)
- Franco Il Nero, from Zoku Satsuriki no Django: Jigoku no Shoukinkubi (visual novel)
- Ishima Kaigen, from Hanachirasu (visual novel)
- Mitsurugi Yoshi, from Phenomeno (visual novel)
- Miyuki Sone, from Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi (visual novel)
- Mugen Yoguruma, from D.Y.N. Freaks (manga)
- Natsumi Aibara, from Hello, World (visual novel)
- Spica, from Star Mine Girl (visual novel)

Unlimited Waifu Wars?

This does look properly amazing though.

Definitely buying as Fallout 3 is definitely in my top 3 greatest of all time. However, can't say the trailer blew me away that much, but it's the gameplay that counts.

Could never get into Fallout myself. I always petered off after 7 or 8 hours. I'll definitely give Fallout 4 a go though. I wasn't into Oblivion but I bought Skyrim on launch and must have spent about 20 or so hours just on the weekend it came out, so I hope the same will happen with this.

Back