The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Re: The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thr

Atlus will be releasing Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains for the Nintendo 3DS this May in both North America and Europe. The first two episodes of the anime will be available on eShop.

Fatal Frame: Oracle of the Sodden Raven will be localised for both North America and Europe on the Nintendo Wii U this year.

Nintendo 64 and Nintendo DS games will be coming to the Wii U Virtual Console. Starting off with Super Mario 64 and Yoshi's Island DS, tonight.

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem has finally been brought up again for once. Now known as Illusory Revelations #FE.

Atlus and Europe, haha. I'll be surprised if it comes out in NA and Europe around the same time.

Nintendo 64 & DS Virtual Console schedule:

April 1
Super Mario 64 (N64)
Yoshi’s Island DS (DS)

April 9
Yoshi’s Touch & Go (DS)
WarioWare Touched (DS)

April 16
Donkey Kong 64 (N64)

April 23
Mario Kart DS (DS)

April 30
Paper Mario (N64)

Well this is the first time that Donkey Kong 64 will hit Virtual Console and also the newest 64 title in ages.

The hype is surreal:

yuld58gjlbr3zov6vp0p.gif

Project X Zone 2 was officially announced (despite being leaked a few days ago).

The game will feature new characters including Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima (Yakuza), Erica Fontaine and Ichiro Ogami (Sakura Wars), Akria Yuki and Kage Maru (Virtua Fighter), and Hotsuma (Shinobi). Characters from the first game will also make a return including Kite (.hack//), Dante (Devil May Cry), Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine (Resident Evil), and Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia).

Three more titles join the Classics download store for PlayStation 3:

- Alter Echo (PS2) - £3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55
- Red Faction 2 (PS2) - £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95
- Summoner (PS2) - £3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55

Aaron said:
Each version is only £21.85 on ShopTo, so Amazon can do one.
My thoughts exactly, and if you have a silver or gold membership that goes down to £21.20 and £20.76 respectively.

Vita fans (I know there are some on here) The Vita Lounge has launched an e-magazine which turns out to be a great read. SOme good reviews, a couple of great interviews and prospects of much more to come.

http://en.calameo.com/accounts/4256142

This will be funded by Patreon with the next issue scheduled for early June. I have signed up to fund $10 per issue which will allow me to get one of 40 physical copies!

Some ex developers from Rare are making a new game based off of Bajoe Kazooie called Yooka-Laylee. They turned to Kickstarter for support and to reach a goal of £175,000 in which they smashed in 40 minutes. Now within 24 hours they have broken £1,000,000 which needless to say is impressive. There is still 45 days to go so if you're interested in pledging then go here.

Aaron said:
Each version is only £21.85 on ShopTo, so Amazon can do one.

After picking a vita up a few months ago and suddenly realising I could grab this I placed an Amazon order at 39.99 assuming it'd drop. Weeks later it was still 39.99 so I spent 5 minutes each day this bank holiday weekend spamming them with better prices and finally they have dropped it to match the other shops.

If you have a North American PSN account a new PS1 title has been added to the PS Classics section:

CEWJkdcUkAENArc.png:large

You can visit the item's page via PlayStation Store's website here.

As soon as you hear the idea you realize you should have expected it all along... but that is still pure gas.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Rice Digital has listed Persona 5 for pre order giving a tentative 2015 release date. This is the first retailer I've seen accepting pre orders. Does this confirm P5 is coming to EU in 2015?

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/persona-5-ps4
ShopTo has been accepting pre-orders for ages especially when they thought it was being released two months ago.

Back