The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Re: The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thr

Thanks to the hassle of switching accounts on Vita I don't buy digital-only releases any more outside Japan, so I hope we'll see physical releases for those in either the US or Europe.

I'm shocked (kidding) that nobody has posted the insane new Sengoku Basara PS4 trailer. More Production I.G. animation is always a good thing even if it's probably Japan only :3

R

Last edited by a moderator:

Thought the PlayStation Plus line-up for February was good for North America and Europe? Wait until you see what Japan is getting:

PlayStation 4
Akiba's Trip 2 (known as Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed in NA/EU)
Strider
Terraria (Trial, includes downloadable theme)

PlayStation 3
Clannad
E.X. Troopers
Raiden Overkill

PlayStation Vita
Rayman Legends
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Tearaway

Cross Buy
Steamworld Dig (PS4 and Vita)
Luftrausers (PS3 and Vita)

Wow.

First Persona 5 gameplay trailer is out:

This looks awesome.

The persona 5 trailer is pretty fantastic, i'm glad to finally see some gameplay. We kinda guessed they'd go with the catherine engine, but i didn't expect it to look as spot on as it does. It really fits better than expected. There is a lot to dissect from the trailer too, gameplay mechanics which are throwbacks to persona 1 and 2, the persona summoning looks to be the cast transforming into them, the whole "phantom of the opera" vibe i get from it. Love it. Also for the voice actor fans, it looks like Fukuyama Jun(lelouchs VA from geass) could be the voice actor for the main character, and it looks like he'll actually speak this time, which will be nice.

Also, the Persona 4: Dancing All Night main theme is fantastic and very catchy. "Dance!" is very disco-y, but has the same lotus juice/meguro style we love. Also, naoto starting to look more womanly + yukiko \o/ Nanako is a character too, so get ready to suffer from her cute dancing to the junes track

sure we never saw much from everything, but we did see was superb. Now i have to wait longer for more details ;__;

I'm really looking forward to Persona 5 and Dancing All Night ^_^ I still need to finish Persona 3 and make a start on Persona Q lol

Rena Ryuugu said:
I'm really looking forward to Persona 5 and Dancing All Night ^_^ I still need to finish Persona 3 and make a start on Persona Q lol

You need to get onto Persona Q! It's great fun. Battle music is superb on both sides too.

So Eurogamer came completely out of left field today and announced they are dropping review scores in favour of a recommendation system. Reading through it all, this is fantastic. Review scores don't work anymore, so a recommendation system is bang on what i want to see. It also works as an anti metacritic move, which needs to happen more often with how some companies react to the platform. "if you don't get score xx, you lose all your bonus". Here's the article for more anyways
Eurogamer

Arbalest said:
Rena Ryuugu said:

You need to get onto Persona Q! It's great fun. Battle music is superb on both sides too.

So Eurogamer came completely out of left field today and announced they are dropping review scores in favour of a recommendation system. Reading through it all, this is fantastic. Review scores don't work anymore, so a recommendation system is bang on what i want to see. It also works as an anti metacritic move, which needs to happen more often with how some companies react to the platform. "if you don't get score xx, you lose all your bonus". Here's the article for more anyways
Eurogamer

Will start Persona Q later today after I attempt my 3 hour Speed Run on Resident Evil :)

britguy said:
Dragon Quest Heroes confirmed for ps4 release in the West in 2015. Can't wait!

I wonder if this is a test to see if there is demand for more Dragon Quest localisations for the west. But either way I'm happy to see this game get a localised release, especially with a physical copy confirmed.

Oneechanbara Z2: Chaos will be coming to the PlayStation 4 in English territories by XSEED (North America) and NIS America (Europe).

XSEED's release will be digital only but will also provide a limited edition physical “Banana Split” release with the soundtrack, artbook, and a code to download the "Strawberries & Bananas" costume.

Details for Europe's release is unknown.

Just took delivery of my Neptunia Rebirth 2 limited edition and then found out Two new Neptunia games announced for the Vita yesterday:

Tag Team Blanc + Neptune vs. Zombie Army - appears to use the engine from Neptunia U but crossed with the hunting genre and will have multiplayer. Blanc is the main character after winning a popularity poll.

Hyper Dimension Great War Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls: Dream Alliance Special - A cross over with an anime that I didn't know existed (but sounds great). No additional info known. I wonder what genre they'll try? 2D fighter maybe?

That's 8 NepNep games playable on the vita in total with the newest mainline title being released not too far away on the PS4.

The number of Neptunia games is just too damn high!

SG_RiceEdition-cropped-smaller-600x343.png

Steins;Gate Limited edition for PS3 or Vita, £49.99 including big box, 100+ page artbook, metal Upa and 2 pins. I'll be ordering the Vita version asap.

SEGA have announced a new PlayStation Vita game called 'Miracle Girls Festival' which combines characters from 10 different anime/manga/light novel franchises into one rhythm game.

The game engine is the exact same as Hatsune Miku: Project Diva series and all characters are rendered in 3D.

Franchises confirmed:
- Yuruyuri
- Haiyore! Nyaruko-san F
- Vividred Operation
- Kin-iro Mosaic
- Arpeggio of Blue Steel
- Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono Encore
- Wake Up, Girls!
- Go! Go! 575
- Nourin
- Engaged to the Unidentified

Source

Cel said:
The number of Neptunia games is just too damn high!

That's why I haven't touched them. I just wouldn't know where to start, which ones I will like etc.

Oh, without a doubt, the West has given up on the Vita - it's pretty depressing to be honest. I'm just glad they're still making an effort to bring so many Japanese games over, as that's really the only thing the Vita has going for it now (and does a damn good job of it too) - my only worry is that Sony are already planning a new console, and we'll have to all upgrade to that again in a year or two, making the previous generation pointless.

NormanicGrav said:
Called it. Like Tearaway, Gravity Rush will be getting a release on PS4 as a remaster.

I'm actually not pleased with this, Sony are just slowly killing off the Vita. What's next? Freedom Wars on PS4? It better not.
I'm actually pretty okay with this, I loved Gravity Rush, and as long as the remaster is of a decent standard I'll pick it up again. I don't really understand people getting angry about it tbh, GR is over 3 years old now, if you haven't bought a Vita to play it by now I feel it's safe to say you ain't going to anyway. More people playing good games is always a plus for me.

NormanicGrav said:
What's next? Freedom Wars on PS4?
Well, the latest God Eater already came out on PS4, so.

But more seriously, I think the Vita has firmly carved out its own (different) niche on both sides of the world at this point, so I wouldn't really worry.

Back