The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Re: The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thr

Square Enix have announced the release date for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - March 2015 (March 17 for North America).

It will also include a demo for Final Fantasy XV (Versus XIII) which evolves around a level in early stages of development.

NormanicGrav said:
Square Enix have announced the release date for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - March 2015 (March 17 for North America).

It will also include a demo for Final Fantasy XV (Versus XIII) which evolves around a level in early stages of development.
Will be pre ordering as soon as I can.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is to be released in November by SEGA UK.

So we're not going to be waiting 2 years this time (and those thinking of getting it from the US can now hold back because of that).

demonix said:
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is to be released in November by SEGA UK.

So we're not going to be waiting 2 years this time (and those thinking of getting it from the US can now hold back because of that).
Enjoyed playing Ultimax so will deffo be picking up the english version

Cel said:
Possible Senran Kagura Shonovi Versus Kickstater for a physical edition?

http://www.marvelousgames.com/forumIn/t ... /#post-819

From what I know I doubt that can happen (they did say that they will try and get physical versions for other titles released in the future but at the moment they can't since they've never tried the Vita and it's risky). I also noticed the fans on PlayStation EU Blog are also upset with the digital only decision.

I do hope that Estival Versus (the PS4/Vita title out in 2015) will get a physical release. I can bet Deep Crimson will get a physical release given Burst did (and sold well).

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus Limited Edition set details have been revealed for PlayStation 4 & Vita:
- Original Video Animation: 1 episode 30 minutes long "Eve Full of Swimsuits"
- Gessen Girls' Private School 5-piece Niitengo set
- Drama CD
- Arrange Soundtrack CD
- Opening Theme Solo Version
- Limited Edition Packaging + Physical Game with a special box featuring a Nan Yaegashi design

The Limited Edition set is dubbed Nyuu Nyuu DX Pack Premium.

PS4 price - ¥13,810 ($126)
Vita price - ¥10,810 ($98)

My thoughts:
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

The third Sword Art Online game was announced - entitled Sword Art Online: Lost Song, the game will be set in ALfheim Online and will follow an original story. It will be released on PS3 and Vita.

3 more support characters have been announced for Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax on PS3 and Vita:
- Dokuro-chan (Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan)
- Accelerator (A Certain Magical Index)
- Izaya Orihara (Durarara!!)

Sega just confirmed via twitter that Valkyria Chronicles will be coming to PC. excuse me while my hype levels intensify. Double Dip time yo

Higurashi: When They Cry is getting released onto PlayStation 3 and Vita in March 2015 over at Japan.

Dubbed the 'Higurashi When They Cry Best' [Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui], the sound novel contains the following:
- All 19 chapters of Higurashi
- Drama CD segment that unlocks after completion.
- New chapters
- New CG scenes featuring swimsuit-clad characters
- Full voicing for all chapters and sub-scenarios
- Over 100 tracks for the soundtrack, including themes from past entries and all new tracks.
- Ability to swap save data between the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita versions thanks to cross-save support.

And more that's yet to be revealed.

NormanicGrav said:
Higurashi: When They Cry is getting released onto PlayStation 3 and Vita in March 2015 over at Japan.

Dubbed the 'Higurashi When They Cry Best' [Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui], the sound novel contains the following:
- All 19 chapters of Higurashi
- Drama CD segment that unlocks after completion.
- New chapters
- New CG scenes featuring swimsuit-clad characters
- Full voicing for all chapters and sub-scenarios
- Over 100 tracks for the soundtrack, including themes from past entries and all new tracks.
- Ability to swap save data between the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita versions thanks to cross-save support.

And more that's yet to be revealed.

That's some nice unexpected news :D I already have the 4 games for DS, but will definitely pick this up for Vita and possibly PS3 too :D

A lot of new information were currently shown in private for those who attended certain SE events. Here's the round up of the footage shown (like DOOM, recorded footage was not allowed):
Square Enix held a Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix fan event in Los Angeles earlier today. The event began with Livan playing Kingdom Hearts songs like "Kairi" and "Hand in Hand" on a piano. Surprise guest, Kingdom Hearts composer Yoko Shimomura joined him for duets of "The Other Promise" and "Dearly Beloved."

All the way at the end was a little teaser for Kingdom Hearts III. Tetsuya Nomura, Kingdom Hearts series director, said it was too early to show worlds, but wanted to show fans something new. We were not allowed to record any footage from the teaser, which opened with concept art for Heartless in the upcoming game. One enemy looked like a souped up Blue Rhapsody Heartless with flames around it. Another enemy looked like the Soldier Heartless type with angel wings. A new enemy, a large Heartless with a bull-horned helmet, looked like a knight. There was also a tiny Archer heartless holding a bow with a quiver on his back. Some of these were sketches, but others like the Knight Heartless were 3D models.

A clip of Sora wearing his Kingdom Hearts II costume was shown next. He had the Oathkeeper keyblade in his hand which could transform into a gigantic gun. When fired, Sora would rock back a little bit and a star-like projectile fired from the bazooka-like weapon.

The next scene showed a town with white houses stacked on top of each other and huge windmills. This town seemed grand and tranquil, not unlike Twilight Town, but instead of a sunset palette the buildings were primarily white. A plaque underneath said "Cable Town" and the camera zoomed into one of the buildings. Doors opened and the camera panned horizontally by chess pieces (one of the pieces had Mickey’s head on top) and a chess board. The scene switched to Sora entering the room and walking towards the
More Kingdom Hearts 3 details will be revealed in 2015.

In other news, rumours have appeared that Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remaster and HyperDimension Neptunia games will be ported to the PlayStation 4 based on listings in Europe via USK and online shopping websites.

Last edited by a moderator:

I hope this is the right place to ask this - I'm really interesting in picking up Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax - but I would rather order it from a website that operates in the UK to avoid a massive import charge. I did some searching around and found - http://www.genkivideogames.com - but has anyone here used them before? Also, does anyone know any other UK-based companies like them?

lelouchnarukami said:
I hope this is the right place to ask this - I'm really interesting in picking up Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax - but I would rather order it from a website that operates in the UK to avoid a massive import charge. I did some searching around and found - http://www.genkivideogames.com - but has anyone here used them before? Also, does anyone know any other UK-based companies like them?

Hmm... the postage doesn't look that bad when it comes to multiple orders but the prices are quite high in a similar way that United Publications (UK that is) has their prices (I'm guessing the Import VAT is included in the price, hence why Dengeki Bunko is like what £51.99?!). They have Initial D Extreme Stage so I might try them out.

EDIT: And they have the Japanese Senran Kagura games, interesting.

They do seem to be new (actually they've been around since 2005..) hence the lack of games in their catalogue but there is a request option.

I think I bought a PS2 from them once (needed a specific model to replace another and they were the only people who had stock in the UK). They were fine, no complaints.

R

NormanicGrav said:
In other news, rumours have appeared that Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remaster and HyperDimension Neptunia games will be ported to the PlayStation 4 based on listings in Europe via USK and online shopping websites.

PortStation 4, amirite?

I'll probably pass on FFX, since I don't like either of them. I'll have to see how many Neptunia games are bundled together, though.

Back