No but I am going to assume FUNi have all 4 at least for one print run otherwise someone by now would have announced it.
I wouldn’t be surprised if FUNi can’t get the first film back as apparently it is OOP in America

I'm looking forward to seeing if it manages to bring the whole project together satisfactorily; 3.0 / 3.33 / whatever (I really don't understand the titling of this series) did not feel like it sustained itself as a film in its own right and it's almost comical that it has taken nearly a full decade for a follow up.

It's going to take a miracle for it too match up to End of Evangelion, which seems to have only grown in critical stature in recent years.

3.33 does require the whole series I think to understand and broke the form of the prior two films as much as I adore that film (think it’s masterpiece every time I watch it I love it more) the response to it was bad still is. Since this new date announcement I’ve just heard people bashing it, I can see how that toxic a response can make a person want to do other projects as it did for Anno and Shin Godzilla.

I'm looking forward to seeing if it manages to bring the whole project together satisfactorily
. . .
It's going to take a miracle for it too match up to End of Evangelion
I'm looking forward to it hugely. After seeing the first 10 minutes of 3.0+1.0, I'm very hopeful about what Khara will show us. Judging by the trailers, too, it looks like the film's absolutely brimming with imagination.

I'm very excited about it. More so than ever.

3.0 / 3.33 / whatever (I really don't understand the titling of this series)
Just in case you're unsure about the naming convention of Rebuild, the original cinema releases are titled 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0, but the subsequent home releases on BD and DVD have additional scenes and some alterations to the animation; those are called 1.11, 2.22 and 3.33.

In the case of the first film only, there was also an interim 1.01 edit, which I believe was just the 1.0 version with some brightness issues in night sequences resolved.

Part 1

In celebration of today's new teaser for Evangelion 3.0+1.0: Thrice Upon a Time, a look at the evolution of trailers for the eagerly anticipated new film:

Evangelion 3.0 "Next time" end-of-film preview (17 Nov 2012)

Teaser #1 (24 Jul 2018)

Teaser #2 (18 Jul 2019)
See here a re-edited version of the above trailer with the clips sequenced in chronological order according to the scene and cut numbers:

Teaser #2 chronological recut

Teaser #2.5 (9 Aug 2019)

Last edited:
Part 2

Teaser #3 (16 Oct 2020)

Teaser #4 (25 Dec 2020)

TV spot A (22 Jan 2021)

TV spot B (15 Mar 2021)
IN THIS POST:

Evangelion 3.333 "Next time" end-of-film preview (9 Jan 2021)

And lastly, as a bonus from Khara's official YouTube account, the "story so far" recap that was shown before the opening 10 minutes of 3.0+1.0 at Japan Expo in Paris on 6 July 2019:

"Kore made no Evangelion..."
["Evangelion: the story so far"]

Last edited:
It’s Christmas and I’m here just processing this Trailer can it be licensed yet

MIND BLOWN!
Part 2

Teaser #4 (25 Dec 2020)

And lastly, as a bonus from Khara's official YouTube account, the "story so far" recap that was shown before the opening 10 minutes of 3.0+1.0 at Japan Expo in Paris on 6 July 2019:

"Kore made no Evangelion..."
["Evangelion: the story so far"]

Thanks for the convenient summarised collection! I'm going to enjoying watching these now until the the film is finally released here heh.

I'm going to enjoying watching these now until the the film is finally released
So am I, dude. So am I. 😋

Incidentally, I've edited my previous couple of posts a little to include the end-of-film preview from Eva 3.0 as well.

I also have some thoughts/speculation about the final film bubbling away if anyone fancied joining in with me on that here. It could be like the kind of thing you get on the Evageeks fan forum but without the pervading air of hostility and snobbery. 😝

So am I, dude. So am I. 😋

Incidentally, I've edited my previous couple of posts a little to include the end-of-film preview from Eva 3.0 as well.

I also have some thoughts/speculation about the final film bubbling away if anyone fancied joining in with me on that here. It could be like the kind of thing you get on the Evageeks fan forum but without the pervading air of hostility and snobbery. 😝
Always very interested in reading people's opinions and interpretations when it comes to Eva, so please do get the ball rolling! But, like I think Ayase said about one of their favourites in the simulcast forum, I have very little chance of contributing an objective opinion when it comes to anything Eva-related anymore heh.

I have very little chance of contributing an objective opinion when it comes to anything Eva-related anymore
So do I, so let's have it! 😜

So... where to start with the trailer stuff? At the start, I guess, with the final-film preview seen at the end of 3.0.

EVERYTHING BEYOND THIS POINT IN THE THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE REBUILD OF EVANGELION FILMS. There endeth the disclaimer, and my legal liability. 😜

So...

Looking at that sneak peek, do we think that the idea of that hybrid Eva Unit-08+02 has been abandoned? Studio Khara mentioned on Twitter a couple of years ago that the design of Unit-08 in its improvised battle configuration resulted from a "bold story change" (or words to that effect), so is that maybe what we're getting instead?

Saying that, though, in the opening scenes of 3.0+1.0, Mari does mention how, now that WILLE have access to spare parts, her Unit-08 can be configured for "overlapping".

Either way, how are we enjoying the mecha designs for the finale overall, with the ad-hoc repairs for Units 02 and 08? I'm a fan, personally.

So do I, so let's have it! 😜

So... where to start with the trailer stuff? At the start, I guess, with the final-film preview seen at the end of 3.0.

EVERYTHING BEYOND THIS POINT IN THE THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE REBUILD OF EVANGELION FILMS. There endeth the disclaimer, and my legal liability. 😜

So...

Looking at that sneak peek, do we think that the idea of that hybrid Eva Unit-08+02 has been abandoned? Studio Khara mentioned on Twitter a couple of years ago that the design of Unit-08 in its improvised battle configuration resulted from a "bold story change" (or words to that effect), so is that maybe what we're getting instead?

Saying that, though, in the opening scenes of 3.0+1.0, Mari does mention how, now that WILLE have access to spare parts, her Unit-08 can be configured for "overlapping".

Either way, how are we enjoying the mecha designs for the finale overall, with the ad-hoc repairs for Units 02 and 08? I'm a fan, personally.
Yeah, having re-watched the sneak peak from 3.33, I thought (or hoped) that exact two-face design was probably a concept alongside what seemed to be like the mass produced unit 1 shaped Evas in a very current matt gray paint job. I didn't like that frankeneva design personally so have been very happy with all the fantastic designs since in the more recent trailers/teasers.

I really need to watch these again, as I've forgotten so much after the very confusing third rebuild that I will struggle to add anything to this discourse heh. But on that point, I'd just say that I really loved the fact that they seemed to completely switch up the story, with a massive gap in between and supposed time skip (forgive me if I'm remembering all this incorrectly). I think that was bold and probably required otherwise it would just be a remaster of the original (which I would also be very happy with by the way heh; I told you I can't be objective - Anno could probably take a dump and put a little Eva cocktail flag in it and I would give it 10/10)...

I'm certainly not observant enough to have spotted it myself, but the Eva geeks will tell you (with their in-depth knowledge of each of the Units' bodywork designs) that those mass-produced Evas are in fact copies of the Mark.06 rather than Unit-01. The headless red ones, though, are apparently copies of Unit-01.

I think that was bold and probably required otherwise it would just be a remaster of the original
Yeah, I think that was something Anno was keen to avoid, and was apparently why he wanted a new pilot in the mix — to kind of throw a bit of a spanner in the works.

You've remembered the time skip exactly as it is, dude, and it's amazing just how much the actual finished film of 3.0 differs from the preview we saw at the end of 2.0:
None of that's in the bloody film! 😅

None of that's in the bloody film! 😅
Heheh you're so right, I'd completely forgotten that! Part of the reason I was totally gobsmacked when I first watched the third one, wondering what on earth is going on here?!

I'm certainly not observant enough to have spotted it myself,
Likewise, there is no way I would pick up on such subtle details and nuances, that's why I read other people's commentaries to fill the gaps! Nothing like a bit of herd immunity knowledge.

EVA 01 is still needed by WILLE to power the Wunder so it would be interesting to see how it’s used this time I assume something will happen to Wünder to affect 01. Yeah the 3.0 preview as it could have happened in the timeskip we don’t know leaving so much out was what I originally hated about 3 and I now love it as it makes us feel like Shinji in this alien world well future.

Back