The Evangelion thread

thedoctor2016

Harem King
No but I am going to assume FUNi have all 4 at least for one print run otherwise someone by now would have announced it.
I wouldn’t be surprised if FUNi can’t get the first film back as apparently it is OOP in America

Yami

Hunter
I'm looking forward to seeing if it manages to bring the whole project together satisfactorily; 3.0 / 3.33 / whatever (I really don't understand the titling of this series) did not feel like it sustained itself as a film in its own right and it's almost comical that it has taken nearly a full decade for a follow up.

It's going to take a miracle for it too match up to End of Evangelion, which seems to have only grown in critical stature in recent years.

thedoctor2016

Harem King
3.33 does require the whole series I think to understand and broke the form of the prior two films as much as I adore that film (think it’s masterpiece every time I watch it I love it more) the response to it was bad still is. Since this new date announcement I’ve just heard people bashing it, I can see how that toxic a response can make a person want to do other projects as it did for Anno and Shin Godzilla.

Neil.T

Chuunibyou
I'm looking forward to seeing if it manages to bring the whole project together satisfactorily
. . .
It's going to take a miracle for it too match up to End of Evangelion
I'm looking forward to it hugely. After seeing the first 10 minutes of 3.0+1.0, I'm very hopeful about what Khara will show us. Judging by the trailers, too, it looks like the film's absolutely brimming with imagination.

I'm very excited about it. More so than ever.

3.0 / 3.33 / whatever (I really don't understand the titling of this series)
Just in case you're unsure about the naming convention of Rebuild, the original cinema releases are titled 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0, but the subsequent home releases on BD and DVD have additional scenes and some alterations to the animation; those are called 1.11, 2.22 and 3.33.

In the case of the first film only, there was also an interim 1.01 edit, which I believe was just the 1.0 version with some brightness issues in night sequences resolved.

Reactions: WMD