The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Ordered from UP1:

Horimiya - Complete Series (LE Blu-ray/DVD) - decided to pick this up now as it's sold out on Crunchyroll's website.
Shadows House, Season 2 - Complete Series (Blu-ray) - reordered as I mistakenly cancelled it last month.

Picked up Panda Go Panda, Rashomon collector's edition and the Samurai trilogy (£1,£1,£3 - all DVD) at a charity shop. Almost picked up volume 1 of a manga at another CS whose cover looked interesting until I realised it was in Italian.

Also my Sentai mystery box has been dispatched, so I expect Viabox will contact me in a few days with shipping fees. All exciting.

Got a message from Viagogo. The cheapest option to send my £100 parcel was US$289, unless I upgraded to Plus or Pro, which gave me an option for US$103/$99. Not sure I'll be using this service again. Apparently I can cancel the upgrade before 11/9 so it may be just an extra $4, but it's still double what RightStuf charges for post. Pity Sentai doesn't allow international shipping.

Got a message from Viagogo. The cheapest option to send my £100 parcel was US$289, unless I upgraded to Plus or Pro, which gave me an option for US$103/$99. Not sure I'll be using this service again. Apparently I can cancel the upgrade before 11/9 so it may be just an extra $4, but it's still double what RightStuf charges for post. Pity Sentai doesn't allow international shipping.
Most of us recently have used Stackry to order from Sentai. Cost me $18.99 with DHL to send my Sentai parcel to the UK.

Pre-ordered from UP1:

More than a Married Couple, but Not Lovers - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
My Dress Up Darling - Complete Series LE (Blu-ray/DVD)

Wanted to order Beast Tamers & Classroom of the Elite S2 as well, but UP1 hasn't discounted them for some reason.

Ordered from Scifier.com
Cat-Eyed Boy (perfect edition hardback) (volume 1)

Ordered from Booksetc.,
Solo Leveling (manga) (volume 7)
My Happy Marriage (manga) (volume 4)

Ordered from Ebay:

A Couple Of Cuckoos - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
Chivalry Of A Failed Knight - Complete Series (Blu-ray Steelbook)
Golden Time - Complete Series Collection (Blu-ray)
Majestic Prince - Complete Series Collection (Blu-ray)
Problem Children are Coming from Another World - Complete Series (Blu-ray)

Well, my Sentai Mystery Box arrived today, and I'm struggling to see the "$400 value" they claim. Or the £190 I paid. I really must stop taking a chance of these things (will this week's ATA sale have some?). I wonder what's in those little square boxes?
20230906_133910.jpg20230906_133915.jpg

I just placed an order from the Anime Limited Back to School sale for 6 Blu-ray Collector's Editions, and used my 15% off AnimeUnlimited Code for a nice discount with free international shipping over £100. The first two items were on sale; the other four titles were not in the sale, but were all inexpensive.

alschoolsale2023.jpg

Ordered From Anime Limited:

Love Me, Love Me Not - (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: Part 2 - (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Unicorn - (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)
The Relative Worlds - (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)

Pre-ordered From Anime-On-Line:

Assassins Pride: Complete Series - (Collector's Edition Blu-Ray)

Wow, I got shipping notice already from All the Anime for my order of 6 Collector's Edition sets posted above from the Back to School sale, which I made in the first hour of the sale on Friday - it's being sent via FedEx International Connect Plus, which is a 3-day service to the US. If the order gets picked up right away today, I should get my package delivered by Thursday or Friday here in the US! 🥳

Odd. I just got a shipping order from RightStuf for my July order, but they aren't sending Sgt Frog 3/4 or Familiar of Zero complete collection. It's odd because (AFAIK) Frog is coming out in a fortnight and I didn't realise Zero was a pre-order (in fact, I'm sure it wasn't when I bought it. Maybe they sold out of the old stock and I'll have to wait for the re-release in November?).

Odd. I just got a shipping order from RightStuf for my July order, but they aren't sending Sgt Frog 3/4 or Familiar of Zero complete collection. It's odd because (AFAIK) Frog is coming out in a fortnight and I didn't realise Zero was a pre-order (in fact, I'm sure it wasn't when I bought it. Maybe they sold out of the old stock and I'll have to wait for the re-release in November?).
It's got a release date of November on Sentai's website. I don't think Rightstuf will get it for release judging by how long it took them to get Haikyu season 4.

Back