The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Picked up Panda Go Panda, Rashomon collector's edition and the Samurai trilogy (£1,£1,£3 - all DVD) at a charity shop. Almost picked up volume 1 of a manga at another CS whose cover looked interesting until I realised it was in Italian.

Also my Sentai mystery box has been dispatched, so I expect Viabox will contact me in a few days with shipping fees. All exciting.

Got a message from Viagogo. The cheapest option to send my £100 parcel was US$289, unless I upgraded to Plus or Pro, which gave me an option for US$103/$99. Not sure I'll be using this service again. Apparently I can cancel the upgrade before 11/9 so it may be just an extra $4, but it's still double what RightStuf charges for post. Pity Sentai doesn't allow international shipping.

Got a message from Viagogo. The cheapest option to send my £100 parcel was US$289, unless I upgraded to Plus or Pro, which gave me an option for US$103/$99. Not sure I'll be using this service again. Apparently I can cancel the upgrade before 11/9 so it may be just an extra $4, but it's still double what RightStuf charges for post. Pity Sentai doesn't allow international shipping.
Most of us recently have used Stackry to order from Sentai. Cost me $18.99 with DHL to send my Sentai parcel to the UK.

Pre-ordered from UP1:

More than a Married Couple, but Not Lovers - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
My Dress Up Darling - Complete Series LE (Blu-ray/DVD)

Wanted to order Beast Tamers & Classroom of the Elite S2 as well, but UP1 hasn't discounted them for some reason.

Ordered from Scifier.com
Cat-Eyed Boy (perfect edition hardback) (volume 1)

Ordered from Booksetc.,
Solo Leveling (manga) (volume 7)
My Happy Marriage (manga) (volume 4)

Ordered from Ebay:

A Couple Of Cuckoos - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
Chivalry Of A Failed Knight - Complete Series (Blu-ray Steelbook)
Golden Time - Complete Series Collection (Blu-ray)
Majestic Prince - Complete Series Collection (Blu-ray)
Problem Children are Coming from Another World - Complete Series (Blu-ray)

Well, my Sentai Mystery Box arrived today, and I'm struggling to see the "$400 value" they claim. Or the £190 I paid. I really must stop taking a chance of these things (will this week's ATA sale have some?). I wonder what's in those little square boxes?
20230906_133910.jpg20230906_133915.jpg

I just placed an order from the Anime Limited Back to School sale for 6 Blu-ray Collector's Editions, and used my 15% off AnimeUnlimited Code for a nice discount with free international shipping over £100. The first two items were on sale; the other four titles were not in the sale, but were all inexpensive.

alschoolsale2023.jpg

Ordered From Anime Limited:

Love Me, Love Me Not - (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: Part 2 - (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Unicorn - (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)
The Relative Worlds - (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)

Pre-ordered From Anime-On-Line:

Assassins Pride: Complete Series - (Collector's Edition Blu-Ray)

Wow, I got shipping notice already from All the Anime for my order of 6 Collector's Edition sets posted above from the Back to School sale, which I made in the first hour of the sale on Friday - it's being sent via FedEx International Connect Plus, which is a 3-day service to the US. If the order gets picked up right away today, I should get my package delivered by Thursday or Friday here in the US! 🥳

Odd. I just got a shipping order from RightStuf for my July order, but they aren't sending Sgt Frog 3/4 or Familiar of Zero complete collection. It's odd because (AFAIK) Frog is coming out in a fortnight and I didn't realise Zero was a pre-order (in fact, I'm sure it wasn't when I bought it. Maybe they sold out of the old stock and I'll have to wait for the re-release in November?).

Odd. I just got a shipping order from RightStuf for my July order, but they aren't sending Sgt Frog 3/4 or Familiar of Zero complete collection. It's odd because (AFAIK) Frog is coming out in a fortnight and I didn't realise Zero was a pre-order (in fact, I'm sure it wasn't when I bought it. Maybe they sold out of the old stock and I'll have to wait for the re-release in November?).
It's got a release date of November on Sentai's website. I don't think Rightstuf will get it for release judging by how long it took them to get Haikyu season 4.

My third batch to Stackry has now begun, this time on Rightstuf. The first batch was from Sentai's store last month and the second batch was dedicated to two Limited Run Games Switch titles from eBay. Basically I want to see how well this approach does from Rightstuf directly and I will decide from there if its worthwhile.

2021-01-20 (5).png

So previous batches had been smaller items but this time its the usual big bulk which includes a combination of Discotek Media Blu-rays (I think all of them are OVAs) as well as the Re:ZERO Season 2 limited edition which is now in stock on the store (and given the popularity of the franchise I expect the LE to sell out within the first few weeks or so).

Due to how this method has been taken, I don't expect the package to arrive this month as I am also making use of the free shipping which is said to take about 7-14 working days. So that combined with the Global Mail speed will arrive around early October, which I'm fine with as there's no need for me to rush it out as I didn't pre-order it in advance and there's no point trying to be first in everything (there's no positive value in that approach anyway).

So yeah, look forward to it and I'll do my usual review/thoughts on the service at that time (I will provide another small review for the second batch when it arrives later this month). Let's just say when the third batch arrives it'll be a complete game-changer for future hauls, especially during OOP situations.

Back