The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I ordered a few US anime titles from an eBay seller today which I think the two Limited Edition box sets are OOP now, but I still got them for less than original retail price:

Re:Zero Season 1 Part 1 Limited Edition (Funimation)
Re:Zero Season 1 Part 2
My First Girlfriend is a Gal Limited Edition
Darling in the Franxx Complete Series Steelbook

I have the UK Re:Zero Collector's Edition, but not the US one. I also already have the Franxx Steelbook, but mine has a spine slash from a box knife, so this one will replace it. My First Girlfriend box set has a special finish on the box, if I recall.

A big Rarewaves haul from their sale - there were various other titles that also interested me but ultimately I decided on these ones :)

EDIT: Here's a typed list for anyone who has difficulty viewing the attached images/uses text to speech/etc.

All these are Blu-ray releases, some have DVDs included as well, no 4K Blu-rays included

A Certain Scientific Railgun Season 1 & 2
Blue Exorcist Season 1
Cannon Busters Complete
Horimiya Season 1
Seven Days War (Movie)
The Devil is a Part-Timer Season 1
The Slime Diaries Complete
Yu Yu Hakusho Seasons 1-4 + OVAs

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 13.43.23.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 13.43.23.png
    281.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 13.43.40.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 13.43.40.png
    277 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Sucked into the bargains in the Rarewaves sale, I bought The Slime Diaries and Banished from the Hero's Party I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside.

Very restrained on my part!

I also got several titles in the Zavvi sale (with some trepidation as I've had some bad experiences with them before, but fingers crossed!) :)

Cop Craft Standard Blu-ray
Fire Force Season 1 Standard Blu-ray
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Standard Blu-ray
Zombieland Saga Revenge (Season 2) Standard Blu-ray

Pre-order from UP1:

Beast Tamer - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Classroom of the Elite Season 2 - Complete Series (Blu-ray)

This will most likely be my final US order with UP1 before Right Stuf closes.

My AllYourMusic/eBay order from last Tuesday arrived yesterday. Six days is pretty impressive (especially when it's free postage and 25% off).

Ordered some Aniplex titles from Rightstuf as my final order with them :(. Have gone the Stackry route this time around. Edit: the order has already shipped!

Last edited:
Crunchyroll said that the UK release by them was a mistake.
I can smell that AL just like S1 may have quietly picked S2 up before or after the CrunchyUK cancellation.
Time will tell in with the December Christmas anncouments, but it's 50/50.

So it's two times in a week I have ordered something from Rarewaves (My Hero Academia: Plus Utra! Collection - Seasons 1-3 this time, just so I can see why all the young people at the anime convention loved it). Both times while going through the checkout I received a popup from Shopify, asking me to confirm my ID with a code they sent to my phone. Luckily I can just close the popup and continue with my purchase, as today it only took a mere three and a bit hours to receive the code. Last time it was close to a day.

Crunchyroll said that the UK release by them was a mistake.
I can smell that AL just like S1 may have quietly picked S2 up before or after the CrunchyUK cancellation.
Time will tell in with the December Christmas anncouments, but it's 50/50.
seems a trifle dense, to not say a word about S2, if they have indeed picked it up, as most would have imported the US release on the cancellation of the Crunchy UK release.

seems a trifle dense, to not say a word about S2, if they have indeed picked it up, as most would have imported the US release on the cancellation of the Crunchy UK release.

Also, if AL did have the licence for Re: Zero Season 2 they would not have listed Crunchyroll UK's release on their own webstore.

Which is a shame as I would rather AL did have it for consistency.

Back