The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

last day of RS sale, made a small order
Sound of the Sky
City Hunter S1 complete
Cat's Eye S2
really wanted all three, happy to get them for ~£25 each after Stackry postage.

1_251a3fde-027e-410e-98fd-d4db90ae4a37_720x.jpgOrdered the Arknights Comic Anthology from the Yostar Store. Even with Yostar's ridiculous shipping it still came to ~£57 which sounds pretty decent for a five volume collection in a storage box with all the other extras.

Was considering the art setting book but considering it's Japanese only I'll pass on it for now. Will likely get it cheaper secondhand anyway.

last day of RS sale, made a small order
Sound of the Sky
City Hunter S1 complete
Cat's Eye S2
really wanted all three, happy to get them for ~£25 each after Stackry postage.

May I enquire which delivery service you used? I made a Sentai order last week and opted for DHL Global Direct since it was marketed as one of the faster options. Haven't had an update on the tracking since it shipped on the 1/8.

May I enquire which delivery service you used? I made a Sentai order last week and opted for DHL Global Direct since it was marketed as one of the faster options. Haven't had an update on the tracking since it shipped on the 1/8.
I am using a forwarding service called Stackry. Rightstuf send it to them for free as the order was over $50. My order hasn't dispatched from RS yet though.

I saw you were using Stackry which is why I asked. My tracking updated a little earlier though so it's on its way via Evri once it hits UK shores.

Stackry don't make it known that one of the fastest quoted services they offer is in fact potentially the slowest. Found that out when I started a chat and the automated response was basically "it could be weeks before it moves, give it a month before contacting us"

I saw you were using Stackry which is why I asked. My tracking updated a little earlier though so it's on its way via Evri once it hits UK shores.

Stackry don't make it known that one of the fastest quoted services they offer is in fact potentially the slowest. Found that out when I started a chat and the automated response was basically "it could be weeks before it moves, give it a month before contacting us"

oh ok. yeh I just use the cheapest Stackry postal service whichever that one is, usually takes about 7-14 days. haven't had anything held up in customs or go missing yet 🤞

oh ok. yeh I just use the cheapest Stackry postal service whichever that one is, usually takes about 7-14 days. haven't had anything held up in customs or go missing yet 🤞
If you don't mind me asking, what's the highest you've spent on an order that went through Stackry. Since you mentioned the service, I am planning on checking it out either this month or the next. ;)

If you don't mind me asking, what's the highest you've spent on an order that went through Stackry. Since you mentioned the service, I am planning on checking it out either this month or the next. ;)
sure thing:
bought 4 blu ray from Vinegar Syndrome sale recently, shipping cost from Stackry $18.99 so roughly £4 each blu
bought 8 blu ray from Sentai Black Friday sale in Nov 22, shipping cost from Stackry $28.99 so roughly £3 each blu
you can get a rough idea of shipping rates here, and you can also get $10 off if you use my referral link!

If it helps my order was a little over $200. Cost me another $4 to consolidate my packages since Sentai sent a couple of items in a separate package then another $32 in shipping and insurance. Package was a little shy of 4lb which contained 12 items

Ordered from Amazon US via the UK storefront: Haikyu Season 3 Premium Boxset. Was waiting for the price to drop a bit before buying. Need to get Season 4 soon too.

Ordered from Ebay:

Black Summoner - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Dies Irae - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Kakushigoto - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Season 1, Complete Series (Blu-ray)

I've had my Rightstuf order posted.
I dropped the Armitage III DVD to get it released.
The postage is shocking but at least they don't take long.
Posted Thursday and should be delivered to me in the UK on Wednesday

I have decided to go ahead and try out Stackry. Wanting to keep the order rather small so I focused on Sentai Filmworks' store and picked 3 titles to reach their free shipping zone.

pet-girl-of-sakurasou.gif

Because of the Video Games Plus LRG stuff I'm not going to be doing a massive Rightstuf haul like I normally do, but this haul is a special case to try out another venture for future pickups. I don't expect it to be here until September though (in fact I don't expect the VGP stuff to arrive until then also).

I have decided to go ahead and try out Stackry. Wanting to keep the order rather small so I focused on Sentai Filmworks' store and picked 3 titles to reach their free shipping zone.

View attachment 30182

Because of the Video Games Plus LRG stuff I'm not going to be doing a massive Rightstuf haul like I normally do, but this haul is a special case to try out another venture for future pickups. I don't expect it to be here until September though (in fact I don't expect the VGP stuff to arrive until then also).

good stuff, this was part of the new Sentai Sale, right??!?
they also have a Mystery Box of OOP LEs that they claim is $400 of value for $125.
never going to pay that much for random stuff but intrigued to find out what people get in their bundles!

good stuff, this was part of the new Sentai Sale, right??!?
they also have a Mystery Box of OOP LEs that they claim is $400 of value for $125.
never going to pay that much for random stuff but intrigued to find out what people get in their bundles!
Yes these items were part of that sale. Negima in particular is going out of print which was the big motivation for the haul. I also used your link for the coupon ;) .

Back