The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I mentioned it before that I wanted to sort out a second order through Rightstuf's summer sale and now I have done so. But this time we have one title that currently isn't part of the sale but is currently going out of print.

2020-09-08 (51).png

The title I'm talking about is Hayate the Combat Butler, a long-running shonen series that has four seasons and a movie compiled into one ultimate collection by Sentai Filmworks. While the individual seasons are somewhat still around, it's the complete collection that is my preference as it shares the same packaging design as the Patlabor re-release and would be the more recent discs approach.

While it's true that this could take part in the sale, I am convinced that people, including resellers and Blu-ray forum individuals, are waiting for that opportunity so I decided to use one of my 15% discount codes (on top of my 10% GotAnime) to get the price down close enough to what it could go for and order it now. It's not cheap, which is why I reduced the items for this haul.

640px-Cecilia_surprised.png

As for the rest of the haul, I call it "fanservice featuring mature themes" - Demon King Daimao, Infinite Stratos Season 1, Made in Abyss Theatrical Collection, Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time and Queen's Blade: Rebel Warriors collection.

Demon King Daimao, much like Broken Blade, is one of Sentai's first Blu-ray titles and had a surprise re-release in recent years which got my attention even further. Infinite Stratos Season 1 is also another older title of Sentai's to get a re-release, which is interesting in itself as Season 2 seems to be strictly exclusive to the replica limited edition box set (which I do own) and so instead of a complete collection set it's just the first season, which I suppose is a benefit for me in this case, so it's nice to be able to finally start the franchise with this set.

Made in Abyss Theatrical Collection is an oddity as MVM have released Dawn of the Deep Soul, but I was disappointed they didn't want to release the compilation films so I wanted to get this version so that I have them.

Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time is the only series in this batch that I have watched prior, and it is no doubt a questionable series but it's dumb enough that I wanted to own it and it's a shorter show so pricing-wise it wasn't too bad. And speaking of ecchi, I finally get to own something out of the Queen's Blade franchise with Queen's Blade: Rebel Warriors collection which includes the Beautiful Warriors OVAs as well as the Queen's Blade: Rebellion series which was also released first on Blu-ray back in 2013.

Funny enough both Infinite Stratos and Queen's Blade: Rebellion each included OSTs in their original releases, but with my experience looking at Sentai's OST library it's most background music and not to my tastes so I'm not bothered by missing out on them in all honestly.

The title I'm talking about is Hayate the Combat Butler, a long-running shonen series that has four seasons and a movie compiled into one ultimate collection by Sentai Filmworks. While the individual seasons are somewhat still around, it's the complete collection that is my preference as it shares the same packaging design as the Patlabor re-release and would be the more recent discs approach.
I just checked my records, and I got the Hayate the Combat Butler Ultimate Collection BR for $43.23 in last year's RightStuf birthday sale.

I just checked my records, and I got the Hayate the Combat Butler Ultimate Collection BR for $43.23 in last year's RightStuf birthday sale.
Nice. I'm predicting it'll go for $64.99 because To Love Ru is a similar SRP. While it could go for much lower I didn't want to take the risk in all honestly, better to pay a bit more and secure a copy than to wait for the cheaper price point and lose out in the moment.

I placed an order for 10 Blu-rays at Rightstuf, but I actually didn't order any items that were included in their Summer Sale. These are all pre-orders or recently released titles, on which I was able to use both my Got Anime discount and a 15% Off code to get them all at a decent price:

RWBY Volume 9 Blu-ray
Release Date: 10/3/2023
Retail Price: $24.98
Non-Member Price: $22.48
Member Price: $20.23
Your Membership saves you an additional: $2.25
Promotional Discount -15% ($3.03)

Total Amount: $17.20

Immoral Guild Blu-ray
Retail Price: $59.98
Non-Member Price: $44.99
Member Price: $40.49
Your Membership saves you an additional: $4.50
Promotional Discount -15% ($6.07)

Total Amount: $34.42

Lonely Castle in the Mirror Blu-ray
Release Date: 9/26/2023
Retail Price: $22.98
Non-Member Price: $20.68
Member Price: $19.65
Your Membership saves you an additional: $1.03
Promotional Discount -15% ($2.95)

Total Amount: $16.70

Re:ZERO Starting Life In Another World Season 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray
Release Date: 9/19/2023
Retail Price: $89.98
Non-Member Price: $67.49
Member Price: $60.74
Your Membership saves you an additional: $6.75
Promotional Discount -15% ($9.11)

Total Amount: $51.63

Shinobi no Ittoki Blu-ray
Release Date: 9/5/2023
Retail Price: $69.98
Non-Member Price: $52.49
Member Price: $47.24
Your Membership saves you an additional: $5.25
Promotional Discount -15% ($7.09)

Total Amount: $40.15

Call of the Night Blu-ray

Reincarnated as a Sword Blu-ray
Release Date: 8/22/2023

Triage X Blu-ray
In Stock
Retail Price: $49.98
Non-Member Price: $37.49
Member Price: $33.74
Your Membership saves you an additional: $3.75
Promotional Discount -15% ($5.06)

Total Amount: $28.68

My Isekai Life Blu-ray
In Stock

Chivalry of a Failed Knight Steelbook Blu-ray
In Stock
Retail Price: $99.98
Non-Member Price: $74.99
Member Price: $67.49
Your Membership saves you an additional: $7.50
Promotional Discount -15% ($10.12)

Total Amount: $57.37

Subtotal $366.60
Total Tax (6%) $22.00
Total $388.60

I placed an order for 10 Blu-rays at Rightstuf, but I actually didn't order any items that were included in their Summer Sale. These are all pre-orders or recently released titles, on which I was able to use both my Got Anime discount and a 15% Off code to get them all at a decent price:

RWBY Volume 9 Blu-ray
Retail Price: $24.98
Non-Member Price: $22.48
Member Price: $20.23
Your Membership saves you an additional: $2.25
Promotional Discount -15% ($3.03)

Total Amount: $17.20

Immoral Guild Blu-ray
Retail Price: $59.98
Non-Member Price: $44.99
Member Price: $40.49
Your Membership saves you an additional: $4.50
Promotional Discount -15% ($6.07)

Total Amount: $34.42

Lonely Castle in the Mirror Blu-ray
Release Date: 9/26/2023
Retail Price: $22.98
Non-Member Price: $20.68
Member Price: $19.65
Your Membership saves you an additional: $1.03
Promotional Discount -15% ($2.95)

Total Amount: $16.70

Re:ZERO Starting Life In Another World Season 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray
Release Date: 9/19/2023
Retail Price: $89.98
Non-Member Price: $67.49
Member Price: $60.74
Your Membership saves you an additional: $6.75
Promotional Discount -15% ($9.11)

Total Amount: $51.63

Shinobi no Ittoki Blu-ray

Call of the Night Blu-ray

Reincarnated as a Sword Blu-ray
Release Date: 8/22/2023

Triage X Blu-ray
In Stock
Retail Price: $49.98
Non-Member Price: $37.49
Member Price: $33.74
Your Membership saves you an additional: $3.75
Promotional Discount -15% ($5.06)

Total Amount: $28.68

My Isekai Life Blu-ray
In Stock

Chivalry of a Failed Knight Steelbook Blu-ray
In Stock
Retail Price: $99.98
Non-Member Price: $74.99
Member Price: $67.49
Your Membership saves you an additional: $7.50
Promotional Discount -15% ($10.12)

Total Amount: $57.37

Subtotal $366.60
Total Tax (6%) $22.00
Total $388.60
Immoral Guild 😇
Triage X 🤩 one of my favourite shows.
Hope you like them big. Really big. 🤔

Nice choices.

Triage X 🤩 one of my favourite shows.
Hope you like them big. Really big. 🤔

I think I tried watching that was that the one w motorcycles and odd kinky torture scenes in first ep? Gave up but I could see the appeal of the show in spite of not being into kinky torture scenes like that, so that says something for it at least! It's no Street Fighter (1994) tho :p 🤔

I think I tried watching that was that the one w motorcycles and odd kinky torture scenes in first ep? Gave up but I could see the appeal of the show in spite of not being into kinky torture scenes like that, so that says something for it at least! It's no Street Fighter (1994) tho :p 🤔
If you don't want to watch it all, I'd recommend episodes 5+6 as an enjoyable action 2 parter.
No kinky torture included.

Bit of a random blind buy from CEX in Winchester with the movie Blame! All be it on DVD but for £2 even if's rubbish it's not a lot of money

(Quite an unusual CEX, had quite a few titles in the DVD area but the blu-ray area for anime was a bit bare boned, but kept me dry in between buses)

Bit of a random blind buy from CEX in Winchester with the movie Blame! All be it on DVD but for £2 even if's rubbish it's not a lot of money

(Quite an unusual CEX, had quite a few titles in the DVD area but the blu-ray area for anime was a bit bare boned, but kept me dry in between buses)
I really enjoyed that one. Polygon Pictures is definitely one of the CG studios to look out for. Great production and story

Ordered from Ebay:*

Chain Chronicle: The Light Of Haecceitas - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Hortensia SAGA - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Trapped In A Dating Sim: The World Of Otome Games Is Tough For Mobs - Complete Series (Blu-ray)

I wish the 20% discount would end already. :D

Last edited:
I prefer to post on the What Did You Receive Today thread, mainly because I haven't bought it until it is in my hands.
However, I have waited until the last day of the Rightstuf sale and find half my choices are out of stock.
Typical.
Blu-ray unless noted
x=out of stock

Dive!! $8 x
Long Riders $11.25
Girls und Panzer OVA $6 x
Ryuji the Yakuza DVD $2
Qwaser of Stigmata $12.50 x
Rin-ne S2+3 DVD 2x$3= $6
Strawberry Marshmallow $6 x
Patlabor Ultimate Film DVD $1
City Hunter S1 $37.99
Armitage III DVD $17.99 x

That should work out around £15 each. I've got a bargain with City Hunter but over paying for Patlabor.:rolleyes:

Hopefully I will receive by Christmas. I have used my card this time so at least I won't get charged until shipping

Back