The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Some volumes from Bookwalker as there's a site wide 30% coin back offer on:
Screenshot_20220722-223920.png

Plus some free yuri! Volume 1 of My Idol Sits the Next Desk Over! is currently free for a short period.

*Affiliate link

Kaguya-sama volume 22.
Call of the night volume 6 (really got into this recently and this is the first volume I could find to buy)
Chainsaw Man volume 11 (just in time before it sold out. Fitting that I can buy the end of part 1 when part 2 is now beginning).

I made a Rightstuf Birthday sale order. I did review the UP1 idea that some folks on the forum had suggested and I felt the price range estimate isn't as large as I had hoped (and it also feels like a bit of a gamble), so I decided to go straight with Rightstuf. Almost a £250 order but we have 6 items.

The big one here is Fire Force Season 2 Part 2 limited edition which I had been meaning to get for a while, so this does mean I'll need to order Part 1 but the UK release will do, just like Season 1.

tumblr_lya2cshFq41r244lmo1_r4_500.gif

The rest are from Sentai, which has been a while since I made an order with them - mainly because their re-release always tend to outshine the previous. In this order we got:
  • Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon
    Sunrise's infamous mecha series, and you can thank Super Robot Wars V for getting me even more interested in this series.

• GODANNAR
    Another mecha series but this time with character designs from Code Geass's Takahiro Kimura, one of my favourite artists out there because those designs are S tier.

• Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Arrow of the Orion
    As I own everything from the series via Sentai, it makes sense to do the same with the film.

• Mobile Police Patlabor
    The entirety of the classic mecha franchise, via the re-release version which still has everything together.

• Redo of Healer
    aka the definition of 'this exists'. Considering the Maiden Japan label seems to be going away slowly I felt it made sense to grab this one sooner than later.

Because I'm an idiot, I went back to the siren call of the RightStuf sale:
Five (!) half-price $10 Blind Box Bargain Items, Astro Boy (1963) Ultra DVD Box Set 1 Limited Edition, Aria the Origination Season 3 + OVA's Blu-ray, Aria the Natural Season 2 Part 2 Blu-ray and Aria the Natural Season 2 Part 1 Blu-ray. Total (plus shipping and taxes): $250.71 (about £210).

Look, I promise it's my last big order until Christmas but I just couldn't help myself......
Super Gals! DVD Anime Elements $12.88
Dirty Pair TV Series DVD Collection 1 (S) - Litebox $7.73
Comet Lucifer DVD $6.99
My Roommate is a Cat Essentials Blu-ray $12.49
Urusei Yatsura Beautiful Dreamer DVD $14.96
Urusei Yatsura Remember My Love Blu-ray $11.7
Urusei Yatsura Only You Blu-ray $11.7
Keijo!!!!!!!! Essentials Blu-ray ` $11.24
Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics Season 1 Blu-ray $23.43

Subtotal: $ 113.12
Tax and Duty: $ 23.55
Insurance $ 2.26
Shipping: $ 51.44
Grand Total: $ 190.37

I made a Rightstuf Birthday sale order. I did review the UP1 idea that some folks on the forum had suggested and I felt the price range estimate isn't as large as I had hoped (and it also feels like a bit of a gamble), so I decided to go straight with Rightstuf. Almost a £250 order but we have 6 items.

The big one here is Fire Force Season 2 Part 2 limited edition which I had been meaning to get for a while, so this does mean I'll need to order Part 1 but the UK release will do, just like Season 1.

tumblr_lya2cshFq41r244lmo1_r4_500.gif

The rest are from Sentai, which has been a while since I made an order with them - mainly because their re-release always tend to outshine the previous. In this order we got:
  • Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon
    Sunrise's infamous mecha series, and you can thank Super Robot Wars V for getting me even more interested in this series.

• GODANNAR
    Another mecha series but this time with character designs from Code Geass's Takahiro Kimura, one of my favourite artists out there because those designs are S tier.

• Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Arrow of the Orion
    As I own everything from the series via Sentai, it makes sense to do the same with the film.

• Mobile Police Patlabor
    The entirety of the classic mecha franchise, via the re-release version which still has everything together.

• Redo of Healer
    aka the definition of 'this exists'. Considering the Maiden Japan label seems to be going away slowly I felt it made sense to grab this one sooner than later.
Nice choices.

I was waiting until I actually received mine (Thursday, fingers crossed) before posting.

Godannar is also on my list. Stupidly sold my DVD copy a few years ago and since have been on the hunt for a decent priced copy.

I really want to know where the clip in your post comes from? Feel as if I should know.

Thanks

You should indeed know since it's in your post.
I would like to say ' I thought so ' but it has been many years since I have seen it.

That's great because I was going to buy it once you told me.

One day I will have to work out why I enjoy Godannar and Gravion but can't seem to get into other Mecha.
Think I'll look at your original post again.

Out today, pre-ordered on Bookwalker:
Screenshot_20220802-130539.png
Had a quick flick through the gallery at the beginning. Some really nice art. Bet this would be a nice edition to have physically.

I would like to say ' I thought so ' but it has been many years since I have seen it.

That's great because I was going to buy it once you told me.

One day I will have to work out why I enjoy Godannar and Gravion but can't seem to get into other Mecha.
Think I'll look at your original post again.

Two reasons spring to mind ;)

I bought from the rightstuf sale on the 26th of July and it arrived yesterday.

Izetta the Last Witch
The Book of Bantorra (says region A)
Yamada's First Time
Alderamin of the Sky
A Sister's All You Need
Is the Order a Rabbit 2 (says region A)
Cobra the Animation DVD (didn't know if the Blu-ray was region B)
Godannar (says region A)

And as I fancied some low budget zombie action
School Live the live action movie
School Live Another Story
Both say region A.

Fortunately all play on my Sony BDP 1700 player.

Average £20 each so fairly happy.

From the Anime Limited Summer Sale I ordered Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms (Collector's Edition) and Persona 5: The Animation - Part 1 & Part 2, would had got more but not trying to spend to much and the Christmas Sale usually has better prices.

Pretty sure the Maquia CE was out of stock before, the page even says low stock so was nice to see it back, adore the movie since I watched it on Screen Anime.

Back