The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

SteadyHandMcDuff

Dandy Guy, in Space
Not counting the likes of Pokemon and Sonic X, HOTD was actually my first anime back in 2013, used to have the DVD for years but had always intended to get the blu-ray, just took a while somehow.

Love the series though, a shame the author sadly passed away in 2017.
The blu ray picture is wonderful, so you're in for a treat!

Gosh I had no idea. 52 is no age to go, such a shame.

Yeah I was so impressed, it made me want to read the manga but it's oop now.

Titan

Time-Traveller
Ordered from Amazon UK:

Made In Abyss: The Movie - Dawn Of The Deep Soul (Blu-ray)

used the spend £15.00 get £5.00 off promotion.

D1tchd1gger

Akatsuki
Got some cultured books 😏 from the Bookwalker Harem Coin Back Event:
Ninja Girls vol 1
TenPuru vols 2 & 3
The Girl in the Arcade vol 1
The Witches of Adamas vol 1

And also Ya Boy Kongming vol 1 for free from the current sale:

Also got Adachi and Shimamura (manga) vol 3 and Konosuba (manga) vol 13 today from pre-ordering.

There's another coin back event on which includes Konosuba and the likes of Yuru Camp and Horimiya, but I have all volumes of those already:
*Affiliate links

Oldmario

Thousand Master
Not counting the likes of Pokemon and Sonic X, HOTD was actually my first anime back in 2013, used to have the DVD for years but had always intended to get the blu-ray, just took a while somehow.

Love the series though, a shame the author sadly passed away in 2017.
word of warning, manga cheapened out and put the OVA on a dvd

Lucky_Deity

Student Council President
Combatants Will Be Dispatched! (Limited Edition), Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S and My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission (Steelbook) pre-ordered on United Publications.

Though UP1 is the cheapest for upcoming Funiroll titles still, it's only by a bit now, when compared to say, anime-on-line, no more £35.00 - £40.00 Limited Edition's :(

The price of previous Funiroll Limited Edition's have increased as well so wish I'd picked up the likes of Death Parade and Yona of the Dawn earlier now.

Titan

Time-Traveller
Pre-ordered from UP1:

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! - Complete Series (Limited Edition DVD/Blu-ray)
Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town? - Complete Series (Limited Edition DVD/Blu-Ray)

Last edited:

RonJB

Preordered Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S (from Amazon, in the hope the £5 off coupon would be activated ... no luck).

Pre-ordered from All the Anime:

Violet Evergarden: the Movie - (Collector's Edition 4K UHD/Blu-ray)

Ditto.

Just paid around £20 more than I wanted to, for an extra disc I don't even need. I haven't been this pissed off buying something I really wanted since the Millennium Actress CE. Oh look, same company.

Girls with Guns

Cardcaptor
Well, you're just gonna have to upgrade to a 4K setup at home, so you don't feel such aggravation anymore... 😜

I only have a 4K Blu-ray player at home, no 4K display yet, so 4K releases are useless to me right now, too - but I know eventually I'll have 4K, once my current TV or projector gives up the ghost, so I have no problem buying BD/4K combo sets. I'd much rather buy those than BD/DVD combos, because I have no use for DVDs whatsoever, and haven't for 15 years.

RonJB

Not the collectors edition of Violet Evergarden the Movie
and Belle (also standard bluray) while I was there.

RonJB

I tried to resist, but....
Is This A Zombie? + Is This A Zombie? of the Dead Collection (15) Blu-Ray (pre-order)

Titan

Time-Traveller
Pre-ordered from All the Anime:

El-Hazard: The Alternative World - (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)

Pre-ordered from UP1:

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom: Part 1 - (Limited Edition DVD/Blu-ray)
Shadows House - (Blu-ray)

Last edited:

D1tchd1gger

Akatsuki
Was looking at Bookwalker to check the latest events and noticed that this one:
Is giving out the wrong amount of coin back, should be 30% on the first 2 volumes and 20% there after, but seems someone read it incorrectly and every volume is getting 50% coin back!
So I got:
Screenshot_20220617-085648.png
*Affiliate links
EDIT: there is a site wide 30% coin back offer on and it seems to be stacking, still think this is a mistake though, been a while so can't remember if it did this previously:

Last edited:

Girls with Guns

Cardcaptor
I ordered 5 Limited/Collector's Edition titles from Anime-On-Line today:

Violet Evergarden the Movie - 4K UHD + Blu-ray - Collector's Edition
Future Boy Conan Part 2 - 4K UHD + Blu-Ray - Collector's Edition
Hello World - Collector's Edition
El-Hazard: The Alternative World Collection - Collector's Edition
Hinamatsuri - The Complete Series - Limited Edition