The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Forgot to post this, but it got shipped lately and I haven't received it yet so not too late

From Yahoo Auctions JP & Mercari

Heaven Official's Blessing Volume 2 BD
Heaven Official's Blessing BD Storage Box

Just bought the new Korean lenticular steel book slip cover of weathering with you and amaray slipcover of 5 centimetres per second from novamnm.com. They’re planning the rest of skinkai’s back catalogue too.

Attachments

• 389A8C14-F0C5-47DA-A012-BF071CEF6CD3.jpeg
    389A8C14-F0C5-47DA-A012-BF071CEF6CD3.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 6
  • F158A75E-F9C7-4D28-8A25-74C6C8EFB083.jpeg
    F158A75E-F9C7-4D28-8A25-74C6C8EFB083.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 6
Just bought the new Korean lenticular steel book slip cover of weathering with you and amaray slipcover of 5 centimetres per second from novamnm.com. They’re planning the rest of skinkai’s back catalogue too.
Yep, I just ordered the Weathering with You 4K+BD Lenticular steelbook from Nova Media yesterday. I've been collecting only lenticular anime releases from Korea over the past 8 years, starting out with the two Ghost in the Shell SAC and 2nd Gig Lenticular box sets. I have 14 or 15 of their lenticular anime sets in my collection now. The only one I missed that I am aware of was the Akira lenticular, so I'll have to try to pick up a used copy elsewhere, eventually.

I love lenticular Blu-ray releases just as much as I love 3D movies and my 3D projection theater in my basement! :cool: <-- 3D glasses!

Last edited:
Yep, I just ordered the Weathering with You 4K+BD Lenticular steelbook from Nova Media yesterday. I've been collecting only lenticular anime releases from Korea over the past 8 years, starting out with the two Ghost in the Shell SAC and 2nd Gig Lenticular box sets. I have 14 or 15 of their lenticular anime sets in my collection now. The only one I missed that I am aware of was the Akira lenticular, so I'll have to try to pick up a used copy elsewhere, eventually.

I love lenticular Blu-ray releases just as much as I love 3D movies and my 3D projection theater in my basement! :cool: <-- 3D glasses!
Yeah that akira set’s already legendary, I keep checking eBay but they only have the box sets that contain all three editions. The cheapest listing at the moment is £365 plus shipping.

From a couple of Bookwalker coin back events:
Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex Vols 3-5
Teasing Master Takagi-san Vols 1-6
Left it to the last minute again, so no link, but there is a sale on at the moment which GitS:SAC was in:
*Affiliate link

Also got Takagi-san 13, Slasher Maidens 4 and the second volume of the Bloom into You Anthology on release on Tuesday via pre-order and have pre-ordered Wave, Listen to Me vol 8 for next Tuesday.

i somehow came into possession of a 3DTV last year you just reminded me i need to try and see if i can still get a cheapish copy of SSS3D

i somehow came into possession of a 3DTV last year you just reminded me i need to try and see if i can still get a cheapish copy of SSS3D
Cool, I have the JP 3D Blu-ray release for that one, along with the Japanese 3D versions of 009 Re:Cyborg and the first Garden of Sinners movie Overlooking View - and a Hong Kong limited release of Space Captain Harlock 3D, that came with a full-size rolled theatrical poster which is still hanging on the wall of my theater room:

harlock5.jpg

New set of Bookwalker coin back events are live with the big one being the site wide 30% coin back. I didn't buy anything from the others, but early volumes of books with these themes will have a higher percentage: Isekai, Vampires and Gender Bender.
*Affiliate links
I got:
Konosuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! Vols 4 & 5
Young Ladies Don't Play Fighting Games Vol. 2
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Vol. 16
Girl Friends Vol. 5
Robo Sapiens: Tales of Tomorrow (Omnibus)
Just to catch up or finish up series. With the coins I got Chasing After Aoi Koshiba (yuri) vols 1 & 2 because they never seem to be in a coin back event, but are currently on sale. I then pre-ordered vol 3 due out next Tuesday.
And finally to have enough coins for now 2 pre-orders next Tuesday I got New Game! vol 7.

Pre-ordered the Mugen Train CE from Zavvi.

Will cancel if it comes to light that it's an inferior release or if someone else get's it for cheaper. But Zavvi is nice that it doesn't charge me upfront so I have that option without much hassel.

It is nice to see someone is still willing to purchase DVD box sets.
We were having a discussion over in the OOP Anime thread on blu-ray.com about how scarce xxxHolic releases are - even the S.A.V.E. edition of the series is going for $80-$100 now. I do own the S.A.V.E. edition, but I had always wanted to get the 2008 box set, although it was already OOP when I had started looking for one and very hard to find. So this was a rare opportunity to pick one of these up complete with all six discs, as the box only ever sold new as a starter set with just disc 1.

I will only buy a few anime series I like on DVD that never got a Blu-ray release, or when the Blu-ray release is of worse quality than the DVDs (Funimation!). I also will sometimes buy an attractive DVD box set for just the chipboard art box and disc cases, so I can frankenstein the discs from a boring standard Blu-ray set into a more attractive package. Other than in these instances, I've been totally done with DVDs since I went full HD with all my A/V equipment back in 2008.

Teasing Master Takagi-san Vols 7-12 from the Bookwalker Valentines coin back event in order to get enough coins to pre-order Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Vol 18 and Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro vol 10 for next Tuesday. Missed pre-ordering 3 volumes last week because there was nothing I wanted in the last event. Starting to run low on volumes on my wishlist.
*Affiliate link

Just pre-ordered these two from rightstuf.
Super Cub Blu-ray
Full Dive This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life! Blu-ray/DVD

Taxes and shipping sure are pricey now a days, it's basically 1/3 of the total cost.

Back