The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Just ordered the Megazone 23 set from AnimEigo... went premium so it cost me £110 in total ($90 set, $30 delivery, $24 VAT) I think I feel a bit sick. I didn’t notice the VAT at first so was a bit shocked when I did see the total price... man it better not have any issues.

i need someone to convince me I did the right thing 😱
Finally caved and also ordered the Magazine 23 Premium Set ... and guess I paid the exact same price 😁

Finally caved and also ordered the Megazone 23 Premium Set ... and guess I paid the exact same price 😁

It’ll be worth it in the end.. I’m over the money now, it’s just when I initially pay out so much for something I feel really bad but as time goes on... and I get another pay day it eases 😂

We’ll be loving it when it arrives.

Not sure if I posted it on here but I got in touch with them and they are shipping them to the uk to be distributed here. I read someone had posted they’d stopped doing it so wanted to check.. the guy did say it was nightmare atm with Brexit though.

From Rightstuf, I ordered:

Whisper of the Heart Steelbook
The Cat Returns Steelbook
Earwig and the Witch Steelbook
Lupin the 3rd the First Steelbook
Lupin the 3rd Part IV (English Only)

yeah, I know I vehemently swore off of any anime in Pixar-style 3D, I'm only getting Earwig and Lupin in steel to add to my anime steelbook collection. I wanted to try out an actual Lupin series, so I picked up the Part IV English set; unfortunately the Japanese with subs set is currently OOS at Rightstuf or I would have gotten that one - but at least I can show the English set to my friends.

Also, pre-ordered from Zavvi US to add to my anime steelbook collection as well:

Children Who Chase Lost Voices Steelbook

yeah, I know I vehemently swore off of any anime in Pixar-style 3D, I'm only getting Earwig and Lupin in steel to add to my anime steelbook collection. I wanted to try out an actual Lupin series, so I picked up the Part IV English set; unfortunately the Japanese with subs set is currently OOS at Rightstuf or I would have gotten that one - but at least I can show the English set to my friends.
We've all been there. Collecting is so much fun

I'm not a fan on 3d anime at all... although I did enjoy Blame so i'm contradicting myself there but I really don't like the look of Earwig and been a fan of dubs it seems the lip syncing is an issue looking the the Lupin one. Unless it was just how the trailer was.

I'm totally fine with most types of 3D in anime - heck, Ajin and Sidonia and Blame! with their style of 3D are in my top 15 or so favorite anime - I actually don't even mind the bad 3D in Berserk 2016. It's the super-elastic-bubble-plastic Disney Pixar style of 3D I have no interest in seeing used in anime - to me then it just looks like any other shite western animation. That style of 3D is too engrained in Western animation for me to stomach seeing used in Japanese anime, it just makes me want to barf. It's even more blasphemous than English dubs, in my eyes.

I'm totally fine with most types of 3D in anime - heck, Ajin and Sidonia and Blame! with their style of 3D are in my top 15 or so favorite anime - I actually don't even mind the bad 3D in Berserk 2016. It's the super-elastic-bubble-plastic Disney Pixar style of 3D I have no interest in seeing used in anime - to me then it just looks like any other shite western animation. That style of 3D is too engrained in Western animation for me to stomach seeing used in Japanese anime, it just makes me want to barf. It's even more blasphemous than English dubs, in my eyes.
I watch dubs exclusively 😁 Berserk 2016 was a kick in the teeth to all fans of Berserk... I won’t go near it.

lol, yeah, I understand, I just feel so sorry for you... ;)😁

I'm about as strict as they come for a subber - on my own I will watch nothing if it is not in the original language, whether anime or foreign films of any language. But since I show anime to my family, friends and neighbors in my theater so often and so regularly, way more than I watch on my own, I seem to be cursed to have to watch anime in English forever, lol. Other than my two daughters, who are as strict as I am with subbed anime, my mother is about the only other one who is comfortable reading subtitles, although she would still prefer to watch in English if it is available. Fortunately for me, the last two series we watched together, Hanasakeru Seishonen and Arte, were both subtitle-only, so I was in my warm, comfy place while watching those with her! 🤤

lol, yeah, I understand, I just feel so sorry for you... ;)😁

I'm about as strict as they come for a subber - on my own I will watch nothing if it is not in the original language, whether anime or foreign films of any language. But since I show anime to my family, friends and neighbors in my theater so often and so regularly, way more than I watch on my own, I seem to be cursed to have to watch anime in English forever, lol. Other than my two daughters, who are as strict as I am with subbed anime, my mother is about the only other one who is comfortable reading subtitles, although she would still prefer to watch in English if it is available. Fortunately for me, the last two series we watched together, Hanasakeru Seishonen and Arte, were both subtitle-only, so I was in my warm, comfy place while watching those with her! 🤤
That’s fair enough pal, I always say watch it the way you enjoy it most. I just want people to enjoy anime and support the industry and more and more will get made... and more importantly classics (80’s & 90’s) will keep getting re-released 😁

I remember the days when even on here I didn’t wanna mention I watch dubs as some people were dead against it and very opinionated. Thank God those sub vs dubs days are over.

Just arrived and have to say very impressed with how it was packed by UP1. It was only their standar packing aswell. Slip cover is in very good condition, my orders sent via Amazon and Ebays Global shipping programmes have all arrived with damage recently :mad:

Interestingly I noticed this has commentary by a Les Claypool on episode 4, his company were behind the animaze dub. I recently posted a lot of my classic anime collection on a Facebook group and he replied saying he’d worked on a lot of them. Think he’ll like that I’ve added this now aswell 😁 He did recently tell me he couldn’t wait to get back to conventions and when I mentioned I’d love to come but I’m in the UK he said he liked to travel so I might have to get myself to a convention at last if he comes over.5216EBAE-C179-4211-A321-483EAEAAF61A.jpeg

Just arrived and have to say very impressed with how it was packed by UP1. It was only their standar packing aswell. Slip cover is in very good condition, my orders sent via Amazon and Ebays Global shipping programmes have all arrived with damage recently :mad:

Interestingly I noticed this has commentary by a Les Claypool on episode 4, his company were behind the animaze dub. I recently posted a lot of my classic anime collection on a Facebook group and he replied saying he’d worked on a lot of them. Think he’ll like that I’ve added this now aswell 😁 He did recently tell me he couldn’t wait to get back to conventions and when I mentioned I’d love to come but I’m in the UK he said he liked to travel so I might have to get myself to a convention at last if he comes over.View attachment 16993
What are the viewing options? Up1 have it listed as subtitle only then the description says it has both English dubs followed by saying its Japanese only under the languages.

Talk about mixed messages!

What are the viewing options? Up1 have it listed as subtitle only then the description says it has both English dubs followed by saying its Japanese only under the languages.

Talk about mixed messages!
ah i forgot to email them, will do that now. Yeah it’s got the Japanese and 2 english dubs. It actuall has 3 English language tracks but think that’s the new dub in 5.1 and 2.0 but will check that.

Brought some more cultured manga from Bookwalker from their Valentines Day coin back event (45% back on vols 1-3 & 35% on vol 4s onwards):

There's also a site wide 30% coin back promotion, both end on the 14th.

So vols 1-3 of Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs and 1-2 of Chobits 20th Anniversary Edition.

EDIT: Realised that I only have vol 1 of Your Lie in April, so I got vols 2 & 3 as well.

I also got Why the Hell Are You Here, Teacher?! Vol 10 (with bonus manga) on Tuesday, and have pre-ordered Chobits vol 3 and Grand Blue Dreaming vol 12 coming next Tuesday.
*Affiliate links

Last edited:
EuCpJ6eWgAE16F0

Konosuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! Season 2
Collector's Edition Blu-ray release

Back