The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Basically MCM was my chance to acquire three old Anime Limited releases that ended up going into the Mystery Box deal, and fortunately, I found some good prices for the three sets. Angelic Layer for £25 and both K Project titles for £24. Getting them at AL's booth at MCM would have been at least £80 min.

£24 each or for both? That's a very good deal there if it's the former, and still a good one if its the latter I think.

All 10 volumes of Mushishi* on Bookwalker using the promo code stpat50 for 50% off! So they cost me just over £40!
As it was my first purchase I also got 50% of my payment back in coins, nearly ¥2,500!

*Affiliate link

Double posting but with Wordery prices being pretty wild at the moment I ordered
Aria: The Masterpiece volume 2
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina volume 1
A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow volume 2

Coming to the Normanic Vault is...

T0Sf4Cvl.png

Wise Man's Grandchild
Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD

A wise man once said...

"Grav, there's another Isekai limited edition set"

and I responded with...

yOIadg1l.jpg

It should be no surprise that I would be getting this show. Wise Man's Grandchild is among the generic trope list of Isekai anime but it has its own charms to it. I love the comedic scenes throughout the series and admittedly the action-packed act of the final few episodes were pretty bad (though I liked the villain). It had waifu girls at least. Given the "WTF" spike levels of the currency, I am so glad that Manga Entertainment is bringing the set over here (though the LE exclusive artwork of the amaray case isn't going to be included to some extent).

The release is currently scheduled for April but I am fine with it being pushed back to May if the pandemic delays production.

Despite not being able to get through the series in one sitting without cursing the world, with reduced hours meaning I have Sunday off, I have something to read on the weekend!

kindle edition of the first 8 volumes of watamote!

1E86F0BB-49AB-4B1D-8FC2-D9DABD47360C.gif

Despite not being able to get through the series in one sitting without cursing the world, with reduced hours meaning I have Sunday off, I have something to read on the weekend!

kindle edition of the first 8 volumes of watamote!

View attachment 12916

I remember trying to read it initially and being hit by so much cringe (intentional I know). Though from the bits I have seen further down the line, it's actual far less cringeworthy than it begins.

I remember trying to read it initially and being hit by so much cringe (intentional I know). Though from the bits I have seen further down the line, it's actual far less cringeworthy than it begins.
The series turns the cringe up to 11, the manga so far (like 2/3 chapters in before work) seem to go through the content the episodes focus on much more quickly

Back