The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Mrclt1994 said:
Today I pre-ordered:
Aniplex of America's Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works BD Box 2 LE (the US version w/ dub) from UP1USA

One Punch Man BD Vol 1 Amazon exclusive from Amazon JP

Signed up for the Otaku no Video: Otaking Edition via Animeigo

Have you won the lottery or sold a Kidney for that Fate release?

crashmatt said:
Mrclt1994 said:
Today I pre-ordered:
Aniplex of America's Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works BD Box 2 LE (the US version w/ dub) from UP1USA

Have you wont the lottery or sold a Kidney for that Fate release?

It's only £142 on UP1USA, hardly something I need a lottery win to afford. I'm 21 and live with parents and earn just under £27500 a year (about £29000) so I have a reasonable disposable income

"reasonable" :lol: Some people will never earn that cash, and to them £142 represents say 10-15% of their pay packet, so I understand why they might think the onlyw ay they can justify such a purchase is if they won money.

Well done on earning that at 21 though, onwards an upwards!

britguy said:
"reasonable" :lol: Some people will never earn that cash, and to them £142 represents say 10-15% of their pay packet, so I understand why they might think the onlyw ay they can justify such a purchase is if they won money.

Well done on earning that at 21 though, onwards an upwards!

Very true, I guess it's because my job is in London and attracts London weighting, but yeah. Sorry, didn't mean to seem obnoxious, but I needed to clarify that all it is, is my job and that I'm in fortunate circumstances (which is helped by a good work ethic, I would like to think), rather than having been lucky to get a big win. Although, saying that, I wouldn't mind winning the Euro Millions tomorrow night lol

Never read it in an obnoxious way so don't worry, im not at that salary point, but as I'm in Birmingham, our salaries are mostly comparable due to the weighting and cost of living etc, unfortunately I live in a flat so have around 45% of my salary going on bills and rent :mad:

That being said, I try to stick to a £200 geek budget a month which covers anime and gaming (I can afford more but feel the need to save and budget) so I wouldn't spend £142 on one set as it would mean I can' buy much else!

I wish I could buy each and every single one of AoA releases, they're fantastic. If I were still at home and earning what I earn, then that's exactly what I'd be doing!

Mrclt1994 said:
crashmatt said:
Mrclt1994 said:
Today I pre-ordered:

Have you wont the lottery or sold a Kidney for that Fate release?

It's only £142 on UP1USA, hardly something I need a lottery win to afford. I'm 21 and live with parents and earn just under £27500 a year (about £29000) so I have a reasonable disposable income

Your living the dream

Ordered Xam'd Lost Memories part 1-2 Blu-Ray and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OVAs off the Madman sale. Also ordered part 1 of Nura Rise of the yokai Clan on DVD.

Forbidden Planet:
One Punch Man 3
QQ Sweeper 1
My Little Monster 11
Nisekoi 12
Tiger and Bunny 8
A Silent Voice 4

Amazon:
Emma Omnibuses 1-2
The Ancient Magus' Bride 2
A Bride's Story 7

So these are on my xmas list - with some help from the 'rents, I've ordered these and will open on xmas day.

The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (35th Anniversary LE edition) 1 and 2.

Omg yesterday, I accidentally ordered the Kara no Kyoukai Standard JP BD Box - for some reason, chrome wasn't translating the page and so I pressed the wrong button lol! Luckily I was able to cancel it quickly

IncendiaryLemon said:
Bought the Eccentric Family LE and the SAVE edition of Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom on BD. Does anyone know if Phantom has a reversible cover?
Yes it does, I think it uses the same art as the side with the SAVE logo

Beyond the Boundary CE. $85 at Amazon ($180 retail) which is about £74 with postage and VAT. Still too much, really, but I'm assuming the Animatsu release won't have the OVA. Even if it does, I'll still have dat box and the booklet (and lots of tat) to show for the almost £50 extra.

;_;

Back