The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

fabricatedlunatic said:
Beyond the Boundary CE. $85 at Amazon ($180 retail) which is about £74 with postage and VAT. Still too much, really, but I'm assuming the Animatsu release won't have the OVA. Even if it does, I'll still have dat box and the booklet (and lots of tat) to show for the almost £50 extra.

;_;

It's the cheapest price so far. I'm going to wait a little longer, I have a feeling it will go down much lower like the other sets have.

NormanicGrav said:
It's the cheapest price so far. I'm going to wait a little longer, I have a feeling it will go down much lower like the other sets have.
I know that TRSI had HotD at way, way below MSRP for a while, but how low have the others gone? I dare say you're right about BtB dropping further at some point ($180 retail is ludicrous) but I was looking forward to watching in December so it was now or never for me.

fabricatedlunatic said:
NormanicGrav said:
I know that TSRI had HotD at way, way below MSRP for a while, but how low have the others gone? I dare say you're right about BtB dropping further at some point ($180 retail is ludicrous) but I was looking forward to watching in December so it was now or never for me.

According to Amazon trackers:
- #1 - High School of the Dead - $69.99 [SRP: $149.98]
- #2 - Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions - $59.99 [SRP: $129.98]
- #3 - Knights of Sidonia - $49.99 [SRP: $99.98]
- #4 - No Game No Life - $75.52 [SRP: $129.98]
- #5 - Persona 4 the Animation - $69.99 [SRP: $139.98]
- #6 - Beyond the Boundary - $84.99 [SRP: $179.98]

- #7 - Akame ga Kill!: Collection 1 - TBA [SRP: $129.99]
- #8 - Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun - TBA [SRP: $129.99]

NormanicGrav said:
Mrclt1994 said:
Grrr UP1USA, why u no send my SAO II Set 3! I guess they're waiting til they get in my Durarara!!x2 Shou vol 2 BD also before shipping

When it comes to Aniplex sets it's usually a week late. :?

Yeah, they all seem to fall under that 'special order' category but it seems the SAO set is taking longer than the usual AoA title takes to get here, going on the past, it should've come this wednesday but doesn't seem to be the case. Although, I won't be watching it til i get all 4 sets so I'm not in TOO much of a hurry, i just can't wait to see that lovely white with gold spine on my shelf :lol:

Mrclt1994 said:
NormanicGrav said:
Mrclt1994 said:
Grrr UP1USA, why u no send my SAO II Set 3! I guess they're waiting til they get in my Durarara!!x2 Shou vol 2 BD also before shipping

When it comes to Aniplex sets it's usually a week late. :?

Yeah, they all seem to fall under that 'special order' category but it seems the SAO set is taking longer than the usual AoA title takes to get here, going on the past, it should've come this wednesday but doesn't seem to be the case. Although, I won't be watching it til i get all 4 sets so I'm not in TOO much of a hurry, i just can't wait to see that lovely white with gold spine on my shelf :lol:
If you send a nice message to UP1 inquiring when its likely to get in then they'll tell you when it will get into their warehouse.

Locked down my pre-order over at Up1's US store (Thanks for the heads up about that guys, worked out cheaper) for Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun fancy pants edition.

Rightstuf sale
Highschool of The Dead Collector's Edition - Sentai Filmworks
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU - Sentai Filmworks

UP1USA pre-orders
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Collector's Edition - Sentai Filmworks
Aldnoah.Zero Blu-ray 3 - Aniplex of America
Aldnoah.Zero Blu-ray 4 - Aniplex of America

Purchased from UP1USA today
Every Monogatari set apart from Bakemonogatari LE - Aniplex of America

Once the payment on my credit card bill goes through, I shall also order the Kill la Kill LE sets from UP1USA

Hey big spender! Great sounding haul. Have the urge to go for the AoA monogatari stuff about once every few months, but then decide just to stick to my monthly budget which is usually accounted for already :lol:

britguy said:
Hey big spender! Great sounding haul. Have the urge to go for the AoA monogatari stuff about once every few months, but then decide just to stick to my monthly budget which is usually accounted for already :lol:

Yeah, the bakemonogatari LE set going out of stock thing kind of spurred this on - i know Bake is getting a re-print and will be back in Jan but just thought it best to hurry up and get the other sets incase they go out of stock but end up not being re-printed (like how SAO sets 1 and 2 got reprints but sets 3 and 4 didn't).

i was actually planning on buying something else (non-anime purchase) this month but it went out of stock so left me with more money to spend on anime than i had originally planned, plus the Uni i work at backdated my payrise from August and I had some overtime I had worked that I kept forgetting to claim which i finally got sorted for this month so I have more cash than usual available to me this month. Which is nice because i can buy more anime plus buy the new shelves I need as well. Dreading the long month of Jan though, due to the early December salary payment to coincide with xmas.

Mrclt1994 said:
britguy said:

Yeah, the bakemonogatari LE set going out of stock thing kind of spurred this on - i know Bake is getting a re-print and will be back in Jan but just thought it best to hurry up and get the other sets incase they go out of stock but end up not being re-printed (like how SAO sets 1 and 2 got reprints but sets 3 and 4 didn't).

i was actually planning on buying something else (non-anime purchase) this month but it went out of stock so left me with more money to spend on anime than i had originally planned, plus the Uni i work at backdated my payrise from August and I had some overtime I had worked that I kept forgetting to claim which i finally got sorted for this month so I have more cash than usual available to me this month. Which is nice because i can buy more anime plus buy the new shelves I need as well. Dreading the long month of Jan though, due to the early December salary payment to coincide with xmas.

I wouldn't worry about the Monogatari franchise, they're popular and cheap enough to stick around for quite some time. Plus the UK versions are even cheaper so US owners will simply import. Of course I've downgraded to a poor person now that I've taken a year out of Uni so I can't spend as much as I wanted. Have fun with Monogatari though, it's fabulous to stare at.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Beyond the Boundary CE. $85 at Amazon ($180 retail) which is about £74 with postage and VAT. Still too much, really, but I'm assuming the Animatsu release won't have the OVA. Even if it does, I'll still have dat box and the booklet (and lots of tat) to show for the almost £50 extra.

;_;
You also have to subtract the fact that the show isn't really worth much away from the extra "value" in your purchase. :p

Mrclt1994 said:
Rightstuf sale

Also ordered this one. Even with custom charges which is almost a certain thing, it comes much cheaper than ordering it from custom savvy shops like UP1USA of Archonia in Belgium. Compared to Archonia even half the price with custom charges included :eek: ... so i couldn't resist, even though i already own the regular version of HoTD

Stiivun said:
Mrclt1994 said:
Rightstuf sale

Also ordered this one. Even with custom charges which is almost a certain thing, it comes much cheaper than ordering it from custom savvy shops like UP1USA of Archonia in Belgium. Compared to Archonia even half the price with custom charges included :eek: ... so i couldn't resist, even though i already own the regular version of HoTD

Same with me! I saw debating on whether to get it previously, but being £75 on UP1USA i was like hmm but with this sale i jumped at the opportunity. I also have the regular UK release of HOTD from when i was buying anime but not importing

Horizon on the Middle of nowhere Season 1 (Manga)
Love, Chunibyou and Other Delusions (animatsu)
Madoka Movie 3 (Manga)

Was looking at the US versions of both items 2 and 3 on my list, but the though "I'll buy the Uk versions instead and have plenty of money left over!"

After a month of taking it easy purchase wise I just went a little crazy...

Sentai LE's
Love Chunibyo & Other Delusions
Knights of Sidonia
No Game No Life

Funi LE's
Danganronpa
FMA Collectors Ed

Back