The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Back in the day I read love hina. Funny enough but wore thin very quickly after they got together because he didn't seem to know how to deal with releationships when the characters were actually in one.

Read the first AI Love You but was unimpressed enough not to continue. Seemed like a manga remake of weird science.

Negima.. eh. More of the same Akamatsu. Clothes flying everywhere just with more girls and attempts to create a storyline that's deeper but blinded by a mask that's same old same old. Got to volume 3 and haven't got any further.

The Akamatsu solution: ADD MORE GIRLS!! You can almost see his drool stains on the scans of the pages... I hope it's drool.

I find it even stranger that you even bother to read stuff that you don't enjoy lol (Since you got bored of Love Hina and was unimpressed with AI Love You). Its like hammering a nail into your head to see what it will feel like.

Because otherwise you'd be saying 'Well you don't even give them a chance!'. I can't win. Besides I gave them a chance because I didn't expect everything he does to be more or less the same beast. It is possible to not like something by an artist but love another of his works.

CitizenGeek said:
Ken Akamatsu's manga is just not very good if you're not after breasts and panty shots.

It's a fair comment to say that it contains a fair deal of fan-service, but what you just said is not true.

It is true to say that it can dampen your enjoyment, if you don't don't like the fan-service because that is part of the humour; but there is enough substance otherwise in the story for me to enjoy both of his main series.

Just on the point of Negima though, it is now evolving into something alot different than Love Hina. Whereas Love Hina stuck with the whole romantic story backing it, Negima is more action based now and has turned into a sort of adventure style series.

I'm just going to leave it at though. Everyone has different tastes in stories and as Lupus said; "..can't take it seriously." :)

Nadesico Vol 2
Nadesico Vol 4
That completes the series for me. I had 1 and 3 knocking around for years (found them cheap in Woolworths for £2.99 a pop back when finding anime this cheap was unthinkable) and after finding them again while sorting out my dvd collection, decided to find the 4 volumes i needed and got them all for just under £13. Bargain.

An impressively fast delivery from The Book Depository (who I'll be using for all my future manga purchases):

Welcome to the NHK v.2
High School Girls v.7

And yesterday I received the R1 Koi Kaze box set.

fabricatedlunatic said:
And yesterday I received the R1 Koi Kaze box set.

On a semi-related note, no-one wants the new copy of Koi Kaze Vol. 3 bowie put up on eBay. It didn't sell for £4.99 and I don't think there's been any bids for it at £2.99..

melonpan said:
Dracos said:
MPD Psycho vol 1

I recently got MPD-Psycho volumes 1-3, the printing quality is the best I've seen in more or less any other manga, ever.

I've had 2 & 3 sat in my draw at work waiting to be read for ages the first vol 1 I pre-ordered did not show up, I only realised when vol 2 appeared and when I went looking vol 1 and it was not available anywhere, so I had to wait for a restock. Hopefully it is as good as I have heard after the wait. Dark Horse are getting really good at selecting titles at the moment, the Manga and Manhwa they put out has to be some of the best out there.

Dracos said:
melonpan said:
Dracos said:
MPD Psycho vol 1

I recently got MPD-Psycho volumes 1-3, the printing quality is the best I've seen in more or less any other manga, ever.

I've had 2 & 3 sat in my draw at work waiting to be read for ages the first vol 1 I pre-ordered did not show up, I only realised when vol 2 appeared and when I went looking vol 1 and it was not available anywhere, so I had to wait for a restock. Hopefully it is as good as I have heard after the wait. Dark Horse are getting really good at selecting titles at the moment, the Manga and Manhwa they put out has to be some of the best out there.

Absolutely, I couldn't agree more. I just hope they release Gantz reletively quickly, as it's already in the early 20's in Japan.
The covers for Gantz are just to die for, serioulsly. Apart from a lot of black, the first 10 volumes have lots of red on them, then 10-20 have blue, and it seems 20+ have a silvery/grey colour. I can't wait to own them.

Back