The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Sy said:
melonpan said:
I'm doubting the official Madman website would sell internationally.
They do and delivery is pretty fast too. I think that you'll find with shipping attached that they will cost about the same off of their site as releases do over here. For example the Bebop Remix set on their site would come to about £60 which is about the same as both boxset sets together cost over here.

Difference being is that they seem to get more reliable and nicer looking releases for the money they pay.

I may have to delve into some of Madman's releases eventually then it seems. Thanks for the help.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Is that Book Depository any good, CG? The free delivery has me verrrrrry interested.

I've ordered from them before. I'd say they are just as quick as PLAY.com and I've had no problems with them so far.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Is that Book Depository any good, CG? The free delivery has me verrrrrry interested.

Yes, definitely! They're great: the prices are extremely reasonable, they have a very extensive manga collection and delivery time is good (I've never waited longer than a working week for a delivery). So, yes, highly recommended!

CitizenGeek said:
Just ordered the first volume of To Terra, from the book depository today! ^_^ I really can't wait for this!

Going all out for Vertical eh :thumb: :D To Terra is one classic I might get myself. Three volumes long is it?

I just got Octopus Girl volume 3. It's totally wacky horrory stuff and just makes me roll on the floor.

Also found X-Day volumes 1 and 2. I'm really keen on getting this.

fabricatedlunatic said:

As the others before me have said... I've ordered a few things from them through their Amazon store and they have always been very good.

Just arrived - Spirit of Wonder, 5 OVA digipack from Beez. Nicely packaged with art work by the original creator of SoW. Can't wait to sit down and watch it as I love the manga, which has a very HG Wells / Arthur C Clarke feel to it :D

Lelouch said:
I heard the author/mangaka practically made the shonen ai & Shojo franchise as in story lines etc..

Nah, Osamu Tezuka invented the shojo genre (i.e., he was the first mangaka to make manga aimed at girls) but I've heard that Keiko Takemiya pioneered the boy's love genre but I haven't really read a lot on it.

But still how much is it? 0_0

I think it was about £6.50 for the first volume and there are 3 volumes in total :]

Back