The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Ordered some stuff on Amazon France, all four should have NL subs but are not English friendly
  • I"S (La Totale)
  • I wish you were here
  • Mermaid Forest
  • Rumiko Takahashi Anthologie: Édition Collecteur

ANI0095_Noein_Blu-ray_open_grande_36ed388d-9a3f-474e-9293-55370f743196_1024x1024.jpg

Noein ~to your other self~: Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]
This was one of the first anime I ever watched, thanks to Manga adding select titles to Xbox Video many years ago. I watched all of the episodes in dubbed form (as that's how it was distributed) and I surprisingly enjoyed it, especially the story and characters.

This £4.99 deal was a bargain I couldn't refuse. Like Blood Lad and Terror in Resonance, the original plan was to import the Funimation LE but they upped the prices so I decided to give the UK sets a second look. Thanks to the sale I finally bought it.

From ALs Christmas sale

Sword of the Stranger Ltd Collectors Edition
Gundam ZZ Part 2 w/. Ltd Ed Art Book
Noein Ltd Collectors Editon

and from eBay
Space Pirate Captain Herlock: The Endless Odyssey 1-4 (complete collection & sealed)

From deepdiscount using code ELF5
Space Pirate Captain Harlock: Endless Orbit SSX

Last edited:
From the RightStuf sale:

Patlabor The Movie (Blu-ray)
Patlabor The Movie 2 (Blu-ray)
Patlabor WXIII (Blu-ray)
Patlabor Original OVA (Blu-ray)
Dirty Pair Features Collection

Luckily I have some space at the top of my DVD towers, but I agree they're ridiculously big and aren't space effective (instead of being too wide for a shelf they're too damn tall). I wouldn't spend a ton on these but if they're OOP and cheap then I'll take a punt. I think the manga uk release is only slightly cheaper new as well.

I have the two Hanasaku Iroha premium sets (and I should stop dithering and get the movie one before it goes completely OOP), and they're nice for sure, but yeah, kind of on the large side. Having nice big artbooks is nice, but makes sorting them with the rest of your collection a little annoying since you pretty much can only put them separately from the rest, and not where they should be because they'd stick out too much.

I own Anohana, Daily lives of High School Boys, Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl and now The Princess and the Pilot.

Gemsy you really sure you want to keep Pandora Heart and Persona: Trinity Soul ;) Actually i have a whole shelf reserved for those high NISA releases, and just had enough left on it to put the three Yuki Yuna PonyCanUSA releases next to it.

Saw your Natsume releases for sale but was too late to grab it from you. Oh well currently i'm not really hunting ebay and such for NISA releases i'm missing and wanting to have, those are Natsume's Book of Friends S1 & 2, Persona: Trinity Soul, Pandora Hearts and House of Five Leaves, i'll make more work of acquiring these in 2018.

Back