The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Discussion in 'General Anime Chit-Chat' started by Suiseiseki, Jun 1, 2005.

1. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav The Eagle-Eyed Member Moderator

[​IMG]
    Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? - Complete Series (Collector's Edition Combo)
    You may be confused by this and wondering, GRAV DIDN'T YOU ORDER THIS ALREADY? I did. Then a situation occurred. Sentai had to delay the set to April 18th and I was in a position where the set would arrive at home (while I would be at Uni). That's usually not an issue.. except the fact that my parents will be holiday and won't be able to receive it. I can't risk it especially as I've heard mixed stuff with WOWHD so I contacted them to ask whether I could change the address...

...they ended up cancelling it instead. I did get my refund however so at least it ain't too bad. I noticed United Publications had the set in stock so I went for it because it's a huge set and decided it would be better if I had the set at home than at Uni. This does mean I will be paying £100 instead of £67.62 but I'm willing to accept it considering I actually enjoyed this show a lot.

Blaize and HWR like this.
  2. HWR

HWR Stand User

I'm still waiting for Amazon.com to ship my copy, ordered it ages ago with that BIGTHANKS discount.

3. PilibO

PilibO Student Council President

Yu Yu Hakusho Part 1 and 2 [BD]
    Basilisk [BD]

4. Patient-X

Patient-X Straw Hat Pirate

Pre-ordered the Zavvi Anthem of the Heart.

Alex93 likes this.
  5. Blaize

Blaize Adventurer

[​IMG]
    Got a cheap deal on eBay for Giant Gorg, been meaning to pickup this classic Sunrise title for awhile.

6. bailey1985

bailey1985 Hunter

Order a few things from the Easter sale mvm have got on.
    Another BD
    Chobits BD
    Girls und Panzer TV + OVA.

7. HWR

HWR Stand User

From CeX

Bodacious Space Pirates Blu Ray

Invaders of the Rokujyoma!?

Both £10

8. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Za Warudo

ordered from Wordery

Haikyu!! vol 10
    Bungo Stray Dogs vol 2
    World Trigger vol 15
    Black Clover vol 6
    Welcome to the Ballroom vol 4

Sarah likes this.
  9. st_owly

st_owly Guild Member

Steins Gate part 2 Bluray from the Cex website, to go with the part 1 I got in store a couple of months ago.

10. HWR

HWR Stand User

And it's been dispatched, looking forward to checking the collectors edition out

11. Stiivun

Stiivun Magical Girl

My DanMachi is waiting for me at the post office, but wasn't able to pick it up last week as i was hiking in Madeira. Will only be able to get it on Wednesday, very curious how this one looks like in real life :)

HWR likes this.
  12. HWR

HWR Stand User

I'm just hoping Amazon packaged it better than my Sidonia season 2 set, at least they're good with refunds :)

13. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Thousand Master

surprisingly my sidonia 2 set only got some slightly damaged corners from amazon. How did urs arrive?

14. HWR

HWR Stand User

Mine had a tear to the spine, and they sent a replacement and fully refunded me when my replacement had some minor scruff.
    Ended up selling the damaged copy on eBay.

I contacted them to ask how they'd package Danmachi and was assured that it would arrive in proper packaging so if there areany issues then I have some cause for a replacement/refund

15. Stiivun

Stiivun Magical Girl

Yeah kinda mind boggling how Amazon packages those special editions. For those SE's, PE's, LE's, ... i don't mind paying that bit extra and ordering from UP1 knowing they package their stuff with care.

16. HWR

HWR Stand User

I have never used UP1 though I might check them out at some point, Wow HD have never gave me issues, though I've yet to use them for a larger sized box set such as this

17. KurataTrigger

KurataTrigger Completely Average High School Student

Little Busters Season 1.​

18. HWR

HWR Stand User

GITS Solid State Society Blu Ray also from Amazon £7.99 (couldn't find a decent copy today in Oxford Street HMV or Fopp)

Edit:
    Remembered that I received $20 Stuf bucks so I used them to order the following from Rightstuf

One Punch Man Limited Edition

Sekirei Anime Classics (wanted to get this as it's going OOP)

Also amazon cancelled my Serial experiments lain order, seller must have been one of those fraud ones, oh well I'll pick it up at comic con (maybe)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  19. unknownfate

unknownfate Thousand Master

I'd have given you a copy of SSS for free

20. crashmatt

crashmatt Thousand Master

Pre ordered Anthem of the Heart Zavvi version also
    Owarimonogatari pt 2