The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Grabbed the Full Metal Panic BD collection with the artbox from Anime Limited ( I used my £5 off code from Zeta delay) and then decided I best buy the Gurren Lagann CE while I was pissing money away on shows I already have.

I should be able to get my money back selling the Ultimate Editions (if I can actually be bothered going through the trouble of doing so), safe to say I will not be buying another Ultimate Edition from Anime Limited now so I do want rid of the stupid sized boxes.

Picked up Freezing Vibration Anime Classics version to match my season 1. Ordered from WOWHD for the first time as I believe they swerve customs. It if works out well I will be getting most of my imports from them in the future.

They didn't when they were CD-WOW. Back when the customs limit was £17.99, I bought a Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring CE DVD from them for £18.99 with a £1 voucher applied. It was a UK copy of the film with BBFC certification bought in the UK, and because they shipped it via Hong Kong, and because they listed £18.99 on the package instead of the price I paid, which was £17.99, RM nailed it for VAT.

They didn't when they were CD-WOW. Back when the customs limit was £17.99, I bought a Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring CE DVD from them for £18.99 with a £1 voucher applied. It was a UK copy of the film with BBFC certification bought in the UK, and because they shipped it via Hong Kong, and because they listed £18.99 on the package instead of the price I paid, which was £17.99, RM nailed it for VAT.

I've heard conflicting things about wowhd, some have said they ship to a main depot or something in Europe to avoid the fee's. It's very much a trial really. Even if I get stung for customs it wont be that much on this release. Will report back as & when it arrives.

Ordered from WOWHD for the first time as I believe they swerve customs. It if works out well I will be getting most of my imports from them in the future.
I order from them, I've had When They Cry Season 1, The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya: Ultimate Collector's Edition and Love Chunibyo Heart Throb Limited Editon from them and not once have I paid customs.

They all get delivered with a royal mail sticker.

I order from them, I've had When They Cry Season 1, The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya: Ultimate Collector's Edition and Love Chunibyo Heart Throb Limited Editon from them and not once have I paid customs.

They all get delivered with a royal mail sticker.
How long a wait between dispatch and delivery?

How long a wait between dispatch and delivery?

Dispatch within 48 hours if it's in stock, about 7-10 days delivery.

I also pre-ordered Haruhi and it arrived about 2 days after someone received their rightstuff pre-order (along with their customs fee) and a week before UP1 buyers got theirs. It also only cost £90 delivered as I got my order in before the big currency crash and because you pay in advance it's locked in. ;)

Last edited:
Went ahead and bought the Escaflowne Standard Edition, seeing as someone got theirs today, it reminded me I had to buy it. I used my discount code from the Zeta delay to get it down to £23. Not bad for a two cour series on BD!

Aria The Origination + Arrietty OVA DVD from Rightstuf,
Full Metal Panic collection from AL,
Tomie and Junji Ito's Dissolving Classroom from Wordery.

Last edited:
Kiniro Mosaic-Pretty Days OVA (JP Preorder)

I was on eBay last night and I managed to snap up a BD Drive for my PC for the very low price of £25, meaning I can now import Japanese releases without subtitles and add them myself. This is a deep, dark hole...

Kiniro Mosaic-Pretty Days OVA (JP Preorder)

I was on eBay last night and I managed to snap up a BD Drive for my PC for the very low price of £25, meaning I can now import Japanese releases without subtitles and add them myself. This is a deep, dark hole...
Did you remember to buy software to decrypt the blurays?

I bought issue 160 of NEO magazine.

0000-1-465x600-6144801.jpg

It's the first issue I've bought in a little while, actually.

Back