The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Pre-ordered the following from UP1USA (all Funimation titles)
GRIMGAR of Fantasy and Ash Limited Edition BD/DVD Combo Pack
Seven Deadly Sins part 1 BD/DVD Combo Pack
Free! Limited Edition BD/DVD Combo Pack
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya BD/DVD Combo Pack

817DcDgyqzL._SL1456_.jpg

Just bought this OVA series from the 90's. I've heard many mixed things about it but it's always intrigued me as from what I understand it was pretty ambitious. I'd tried to track down the older Geneon release for quite awhile at a price I could stomach but never could. In hindsight I'm glad I never did since the Geneon release had a really ugly cover but in the hands of Sentai Filmworks design department we have something really quite special.

I also pre-ordered the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya from UP1.

Last edited:
Was at a secondhand bookstore yesterday and picked up an almost complete run of the long OOP Please Save My Earth manga. Then got home, went on eBay and found a set of the volumes which were missing for not extortionate money, so I'm pretty happy.

31040.jpg
8067.bc2b53f5bb8d99963b61d17a18f88ec2.jpg
972.jpg

Finally got around to purchasing Dororo, meant to buy this on release but didn't and then I just kept delaying it. I watched the first 3 episodes of it on AnimeSols and thought it was really good. Despite being a show for kids there is a certain brutality to it and it really felt quite similar to some of the older Samurai films in tone and atmosphere. It'll be the first Black and White Anime for my collection.

I also bought Nadia The Motion Picture on DVD, unfortunately it seems this film is never going to get a Blu Ray release of any kind. Sentai didn't rerelease it even for DVD when they put out the TV series which was a shame since I would have loved to see what that release would have looked like packaging wise as Sentai always do good work in that department. I know the film isn't liked very much at all but I've wanted to see it ever since I got the Blu Ray.

Lastly I got Doomed Megalopolis, an OVA I've wanted to watch for along time. Annoyingly though I bought the wrong DVD. While I was aware there were two releases by ADV Films for it I didn't check why. Well now I know that the reason why is because the version I have purchased is dubbed only *sigh*. The rerelease hasn't got quite as good a cover so I just ignored it. But now it seems I will have to double dip eventually and get the 'Special Edition' as well. I really should have paid attention to the Special Edition branding. Oh Well, fortunately it was very cheap and the Special Edition isn't particularly expensive either.

Hayate the Combat Butler volumes 20-27. So glad to be nearly up to date with the series :)
Pokemon ORAS volume 1.
Yu Gi Oh the movie and Escaflowne volume 1. Got these for a few quid from Cex, I always wanted to try Escaflowne and I got The Pyramid of Light card with Yu Gi Oh which was a nice surprise.

Preordered Full Metal Panic Collector's Edition
Preordered Belladonna of Sadness Collector's Edition
Preordered One Punch Man Collector's Edition from Amazon US
Bought the OOP Manga UK Eden of the East Blu-ray collection for £23. I had previously sold it intending to get it back later but was shocked to find it OOP. I know Anime Ltd are redoing it, but I don't like the series enough to pay double for the collector's edition when the Blu-rays are the same master.
Bought Perfect Blue Blu-ray Steelbook Edition

Newcastle. Always bad for one's wallet. Acquired Konosuba novel 1, Baccano novel 3, A Bride's Story 8, Assassination Classroom 14, Requiem of the Rose King 5, Honey So Sweet 5, Shuriken and Pleats 2, Yona of the Dawn 4, Kamisama Kiss 23, Bloody Mary 5. Bargain of the day however was Attack on Titan volume 17 with the OVA DVD for 75% off £16.99 so £4.25... I don't even have any of the other volumes yet xD Also got Steins Gate part 1 on BluRay from CEX for £7.

I pre-ordered the Gundam Movie Collection today as well, if it didn't include the original theatrical soundtrack I wouldn't have ordered it, but seeing as it has this set became a must. I've seen the Japanese release and the movies look great in HD, especially Encounters in Space.

Back