The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

The Grav strikes back.

91e0V-XK90L._SL1500_.jpg

Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine - Complete Series (Collector's Edition Combo)
Originally planned to pickup last year, Amazon US had the set on sale for $40 and I have decided to dip in because I really really enjoyed the first season, and while the LE doesn't offer much it is cheaper than the other Sentai sets. In addition the Knights of Sidonia Compilation Movie is also included with this release (and also the standard edition release for those who cannot afford the collector's set) which is a neat bonus.

Here's the current schedule so far:

Shipped out:
  • Persona 3: The Movie -#1 Spring of Birth- [UK CE Combo]
  • Sekirei: Complete Seasons 1 & 2 [US Anime Classics Combo]
Pre-ordered + Pre-Paid:
  • Eden of the East: Complete Series & Movies [UK CE Blu-ray]
  • Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone [UK CE Combo]
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: Part 1 [UK CE Blu-ray]
  • Serial Experiments Lain: Complete Series [UK CE Combo]

After going back and forth on buying the Persona 4: The Animation LE from Sentai, in the end I ended up going for Kaze sets. I managed to snag the 3 individual volumes for £30 off eBay, which is a pretty good price for 26 episodes. The LE is nice, but for the sake of almost £70, I think I can live with the Kaze sets. If I do see the LE cheap enough, however, I wouldn't hesitate to double dip.

That's a good price for Sidonia s2, though still relatively expensive for us owing to the abysmal exchange rate.

But it would look so good on my shelf next to s1. And then there's tentacle-chan <3

Picked up

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 : Phantom Blood Part 1
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 : Phantom Blood Part 2
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 : Phantom Blood Part 3

Boxset? awesome for that price. Hope you enjoy it. Have no idea about your taste but its a good show overall. Different from everything else I guess.

Cheers! :D

I saw just the first episode before I bought it, but that was enough to hook me, and it definitely is different from everything else, based on that.

I probably should've bought this ages ago, but I got there eventually. I suspect this will jump to the front of the queue for watching now.

Just arriving are my Eureka Seven Complete Collection DVDs... from France. Because having those two new for £25 when it was £40 for part 1 alone in the UK is an utter steal! Arrived three days earlier than Amazon expected too which is nice.

Will tide me over till the Ultimate Edition quite nicely I reckon.

A semi-order update.

816ueRyCfiL._SL_.jpg

Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? - Complete Series (Collector's Edition Combo)
Okay so this is awkward timing because of the recent appearance of the UK release but I've been on and off about Sentai's CE for quite some time now. Basically I really enjoyed the show and had always wanted this to get the treatment and it did, but the outcome disappointed me. I ideally would have preferred a shelf-friendly box set but considering the price-tag wasn't too large I gave it some thought. Then Amazon US brought the price down to $80 so I finally dipped in, however since it's due end of March I may have to cancel it if the rate drops like a bomb. I also move back home early April so timing is important which is why I upgraded shipping by about $3 to ensure it arrives before then. For those wondering the price I'm currently paying is $107 (£85) at the time of this post which includes postage and VAT.

Here's the current schedule so far:

Shipped out:
  • Blade Arcus from Shining EX [Japanese PS4 Import]
  • Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine: Complete Series [US CE Combo]
  • Sekirei: Complete Seasons 1 & 2 [US Anime Classics Combo]
Pre-ordered + Pre-Paid:
  • Eden of the East: Complete Series & Movies [UK CE Blu-ray]
  • Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone [UK CE Combo]
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: Part 1 [UK CE Blu-ray]
  • Serial Experiments Lain: Complete Series [UK CE Combo]

C4uNxNEWQAAzIC1.jpg

Full Metal Panic!: Complete Seasons 1-2 & FUMOFFU (AllTheAnime Box Version Blu-ray)

I haven't watched this franchise yet and since Anime Ltd were offering a special box version (300 units only) housing all three sets for about £39.99, I went for it.

Picked up Freezing Vibration Anime Classics version to match my season 1. Ordered from WOWHD for the first time as I believe they swerve customs. It if works out well I will be getting most of my imports from them in the future.

Back