The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Lavigne said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
If you think that's bad, I sold my Eva 1.11 DVD on eBay and only got a penny.

Haha, you'd probably have got more if you'd marketed it as a novelty coaster! :D

I wish I kept it as a novelty coaster :p. Alas, that isn't the most I've lost on eBay, at least the DVD only cost me a fiver.

I guess he could have put a reserve on it yeah, and he left me positive feedback after he posted it so can't be that bothered or bitter about it lol no doubt laughing and thinking "daft bastards gonna have to spend a couple of 100 quid getting the rest from Japan"

Ouch, I hope eBay/paypal let you off with the fees lol

I'm new to using eBay and it's a strange place, I sold 5 old gamecube games that a thought were worthless and got over £100, I also bought GitS SAC 1st and 2nd Gig boxsets with the artboxes, then sold my old plastic case versions for more than I paid for the artbox versions :/ it's bizarre how prices vary so much.

Ordered:

Darker than Black S1 Premium (BD)
Mardock Scramble Trilogy (BD)
Noir: Complete Series (BD)
Princess and the Pilot Deluxe (BD)
Turn A Gundam vol 1 (DVD)

South-Korean Galaxy Express 999/Adieu Galaxy Express 999 and yes i know this version has some DNR troubles, but it is blu-ray and English friendly

Just received "The Mysterious Cities Of Gold collection". This series has gotten a lot of praise so it will be really interesting to see whether it's the same level as the other European/Japanese productions like Alfred J Kwak or Moomin.

Is that the first series on DVD or the second on BD?

The original series is excellent. The second, I haven't gotten around to actually watching yet, despite it being in my collection since release a couple of years ago!

Lavigne said:
Is that the first series on DVD or the second on BD?

The original series is excellent. The second, I haven't gotten around to actually watching yet, despite it being in my collection since release a couple of years ago!

If you are referring to my post...What i got was the original series on DVD. I do know that the second series exist's but i don't really know anything about it.

If you watch it then do let me know if it's any good.

Winkuru said:
Lavigne said:
If you are referring to my post...What i got was the original series on DVD. I do know that the second series exist's but i don't really know anything about it.

If you watch it then do let me know if it's any good.

I'd say you're in for a treat. The original series was superb IMO. That DVD release is a nice set from memory.

The second series was produced fairly recently, hence about 25 years after the original series. I'll try and take a look at it soon.

Since KLK got delayed again I decided to cancel my pre order and used the gift certificates I had planned to use for that to buy Fate Zero parts 1 and 2 on Blu Ray. I'll still buy KLK Part 3 when it comes out but I'd rather get something else now rather than sit on the vouchers for a month.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Since KLK got delayed again I decided to cancel my pre order and used the gift certificates I had planned to use for that to buy Fate Zero parts 1 and 2 on Blu Ray. I'll still buy KLK Part 3 when it comes out but I'd rather get something else now rather than sit on the vouchers for a month.
You made a good choice today....

Stiivun said:
South-Korean Galaxy Express 999/Adieu Galaxy Express 999 and yes i know this version has some DNR troubles, but it is blu-ray and English friendly

Interested to hear your thoughts on this when you've had a chance to check it out. Galaxy Express has been on my list for soooooooo long!

Pre-ordered from UP1 (USA):
Soul Eater Not!: Complete Series LE (DVD/Blu-ray)
Wanna Be the Strongest in the World!: Complete Series LE (DVD/Blu-ray)

Pre-ordered from UP1:
Nadia - The Secret of Blue Water: Complete Collection (Blu-Ray)
Soni-Ani - Super Sonico The Animation: Complete Collection (Blu-Ray)

Lavigne said:
Stiivun said:

Interested to hear your thoughts on this when you've had a chance to check it out. Galaxy Express has been on my list for soooooooo long!
You might wanna poke me with a PM later on, as my brain sometimes is like a Swiss Emmental cheese :)

Stiivun said:
Lavigne said:
Stiivun said:

You might wanna poke me with a PM later on, as my brain sometimes is like a Swiss Emmental cheese :)

Haha, will do no worries.

Do you know roughly when you'll be viewing them? That way I won't pester you until afterwards ;)

Was ordering something else on Novamedia and noticed they had the Galaxy Express set - less than £30 delivered is fine by me so picked it up. :)

Lavigne said:
Was ordering something else on Novamedia and noticed they had the Galaxy Express set - less than £30 delivered is fine by me so picked it up. :)

Great. You might even succeed in seeing it before i do :)

Back