The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Rui said:
Pretty much everything Sentai have released in the last few months, as well as some other bits and Funimation sets. I switched to Axel because TRSI's courier is awful, and since they're going to be hit by customs every time now I'd rather get the unimportant stuff from this side of the world instead of paying the constant stream of penalty fees to the delivery companies.

R

I received my TRSI order earlier in the week. What surprised me was that tha the items were declared at full value (close to $200) yet there were no charges. I'm not 100% sure but I think it was marked as customs duty paid so it's possible TRSI are still helping people dodge the Import fee bullet.

Unknownfate said:
I received my TRSI order earlier in the week. What surprised me was that tha the items were declared at full value (close to $200) yet there were no charges. I'm not 100% sure but I think it was marked as customs duty paid so it's possible TRSI are still helping people dodge the Import fee bullet.

Perhaps they are experimenting; I have had four orders lately since they started the new system. One is still delayed and I can only assume it is stuck in customs (the package I want most of all, argh), two came through with correct charges to pay and one inexplicably sailed through in record time with no charges at all despite being well over the allowance. I had just assumed it was because the customs staff were overburdened owing to the season and they had made a mistake as occasionally seems to happen.

I'm still keeping my orders with them which have exclusive items (and I have a fifth package in the air somewhere), so I'll keep an eye on how things go. If they can come up with some options for shipping which make it less expensive/slow/complicated I'm perfectly happy to give them my business again.

R

So after canceling my order last month, I have randomly received Collection 2 for both Clannad and Clannad: After Story (can only assume that the Collection 1 for Clannad either didn't get sent off or did and is lost somewhere, though the label seems to indicate 3 dvds).

I will probably go on to sell them though, as I wish to have the dub of the series.

My boss gave me some money, so I ordered some more stuff:

Star Driver v2 (if it arrives before v1 I will cry)
Broken Blade
.hack//Quantum

R

Christmas shopping is over, so time for some me shopping from PlanetAxel (with their $7 off voucher =3)

Fairy Tail Volume 1 (DVD/Blu-Ray)
Fairy Tail Volume 2 (DVD/Blu-Ray)

Came to just over £45. Volume 1 is on back order (says 0-3 days) and Volume 2 is a pre-order (out next Tuesday), so all good.

i ordered

Sekirei season 2 DVD/bluray combo
Rosario + Vampire - Capu2
Rosario + Vampire - Season One
Rozen Maiden Ouverture
School Rumble - Complete second season
School Rumble - Complete first season
Grenadier - Complete collection
World Of Narue - Collection
Bubblegum Crisis collection
AD Police - Files 1-3
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo

and there resending

009-1 (Complete Collection)
Gankutsuou

they got lost in the mail

Only thing I've ordered in the last few days is X - TV series and Burst Angel, both because they were cheap and just after payday.

Also ordered HSoTD as an additional Christmas present for my brother.

I have a huge backlog though and am building a new PC so need to cut down on my random purchases a little :)

Not feeling particularly proud of myself right now.

The same package also contained the far more sensible Megazone 23 box set and the combi pack with Parasite Dolls / AD Police. Slightly disappointed with the latter as I had expected the 1990 OAV and found it's actually the more recent tv series. It was extremely cheap though, so shan't complain too much.

ayase said:
Professor Irony said:

Not feeling particularly proud of myself right now.
Why would you do that? Feel proud Prof, feel proud.

I have both shows too, and yet I don't feel shame since I've bought better ones before and after...guess I'm a sucker for fanservice heavy stuff sometimes. Hell I admit one of the first anime DVDs I imported when I started doing it on a regular basis was Plastic Little (IIRC that was my first purchase from DC-DVD)

I think it was just the words "Naked Action" that had me cringing. Truth be told, it was really more Cutey Honey I was interested in than Kekko Kamen.

Plastic Little rings a bell actually, but I can't say I've seen it. I vaguely remember seeing it on the shelves as a Kiseki VHS back in the day, but wasn't sure if there anything more to it than gratuitous fan service. The art was quite nice though, as I recall.

Back