The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

They've rereleased it with the cover art the same round as the later volumes. From the second print run the western art for volume one is on the removable cover too :)

Fullmetal Alchemist volume 27 (okay, now this is the last order for me). Also, I pointed out to Mum that she put too much money into my account (my account is the main one used for online purchases) so she told me to use that to buy stuff from my Christmas list (obviously for her to put away), so:
K-On! volumes 2-4 (manga)
Naruto volumes 51-53 (Honestly, I only really want 53, but the collector in me will not allow me to skip 51 and 52).

alexrose1uk said:
They've rereleased it with the cover art the same round as the later volumes. From the second print run the western art for volume one is on the removable cover too :)
The copy of volume 1 I got was pretty beat up anyway (I was in Waterstones one evening and the blurb sounded nice). Would it be worth getting the second print?

I haven't got round to it yet, its only the way round the cover and the removeable cover are artworked, and I've already bought I think 3 copies of the first book (me, brother etc).

So I've not got round to buying another copy because I want my cover styles to match...well not just yet anyway :D

Hope you enjoy the books anyway, they're a pretty good read.

Anime

* Ouran High School Host Club - Complete Collection: £12 from Middlesbrough HMV.

Manga

* Hellsing - Volume 10: £10.99 from Middlesbrough Forbidden Planet.

Burst Angel for £10, as it's payday :)

Will be checking out the Play sales etc once Christmas day has come and I know I wont be buying anything anyone might be giving me!

I cancelled a ton of stuff at TRSI, then ordered the exact same ton of stuff from Planet Axel. I was super impressed when I put a note with my order asking flippantly about when they could make something else available for preorder, and they replied within half an hour with a link to the new listing. Especially given what time of day it is and the time of year.

Also bought Redline, finally.

R

Rui said:
I cancelled a ton of stuff at TRSI, then ordered the exact same ton of stuff from Planet Axel. I was super impressed when I put a note with my order asking flippantly about when they could make something else available for preorder, and they replied within half an hour with a link to the new listing. Especially given what time of day it is and the time of year.

Also bought Redline, finally.

R

So what did you order then? I'm intrigued as to why you switched from TRSI to axel, customs??

edit - Caved and bought Blue Exorcist Volume 1 DVD. Got it for £20 including shipping off ebay.

britguy said:
So what did you order then? I'm intrigued as to why you switched from TRSI to axel, customs??

edit - Caved and bought Blue Exorcist Volume 1 DVD. Got it for £20 including shipping off ebay.

Pretty much everything Sentai have released in the last few months, as well as some other bits and Funimation sets. I switched to Axel because TRSI's courier is awful, and since they're going to be hit by customs every time now I'd rather get the unimportant stuff from this side of the world instead of paying the constant stream of penalty fees to the delivery companies.

My Gundam Unicorn 4/Star Driver shipment has been presumably stuck in customs for a good three weeks now which may be making me especially impatient ;_;

Not a bad find with the Blue Exorcist, I really loved the release and I'm itching for v2 (not to mention solicitations for the remainder!).

R

Yeah, another Blind Buy but it looks and sounds like something i'd like. I see the next part is due in Jan so I assumed the third would be April and the final part July, but who knows...

Only thing stopping me from buying Blue Exorcist is I know that the last few episodes are dire.

Look Bon, if the time difference between Japan and Rome is 8 years, that means you can't just go through a tunnel to get from Japan to Rome and expect it to still be day time in Rome! And don't get me started on the whole **** with Yukio becoming the Paladin

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt anything can be dire enough to erase the fun I had watching the first set :D

I wanted to get the manga, but it's Viz so they'll probably secretly cancel it out of nowhere if I buy it in English.

R

Rui said:
I wanted to get the manga, but it's Viz so they'll probably secretly cancel it out of nowhere if I buy it in English.
R
*looks at my Shakugan no Shana manga and novels and weeps*

They also had to stop the manga at the same point in the story where they stopped the novels didn't they?

Back