The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Professor Irony said:
Plastic Little rings a bell actually, but I can't say I've seen it. I vaguely remember seeing it on the shelves as a Kiseki VHS back in the day, but wasn't sure if there anything more to it than gratuitous fan service. The art was quite nice though, as I recall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_Little

It was also released by Kiseki as a two film dvd release with Black Magic M-66,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plastic-Little- ... 194&sr=1-1

I admit to getting the above dvd as well as later getting the ADV R1 remastered version (with the 'Jiggle Counter' extra).

The story isn't strong but it does have great visuals. At around 45 minutes it does not outstay it's welcome which is why I like it. I also own the manga version.

Ordered First Squad on BD.

Cancelled the first Fate/Zero box from my December Amazon order as they weren't splitting it up and I was worried about not getting the first volume of Horizon. Still trying to choose whether to replace the order with Amazon or go with TRSI.

Anime

Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor - £25 from Middlesbrough HMV.

Manga

Zombie-Loan Volume 5 - £5.99 from Middlesbrough Forbidden Planet.

Manga shopping!

Forbidden Planet (Liverpool)

Bleach: Volume 36
Bleach: Volume 37
D.Gray-Man: Volume 4 (3 for 2)

World's Apart (Liverpool)

Blue Exorcist: Volume 2
Claymore: Volume 4
Claymore: Volume 5
D.Gray-Man: Volume 5
Psyren: Volume 1
Rosario+Vampire: Volume 5 (Also 3 for 2)

mangaman74 said:
out of curiosity what is the difference with the Mardock Scramble Director's Cut?

I believe there are a few extra minutes of footage, and of course it's available on blu-ray (in the US). I was originally going to import it on blu-ray from the other side of the world so stubbornly waited out the original US DVD version :)

R

Anime

Tales From Earthsea - £6.49 from Amazon

Books

A Brief Guide to Anime and Manga: History, Genres, Popular Series and More by Kaelyn Smith - £15.99 from Amazon

Rui said:
mangaman74 said:
out of curiosity what is the difference with the Mardock Scramble Director's Cut?

I believe there are a few extra minutes of footage, and of course it's available on blu-ray (in the US). I was originally going to import it on blu-ray from the other side of the world so stubbornly waited out the original US DVD version :)

R

Mardock Scramble is getting a bd release over here as well but a choice between Manga or Sentai - I was thinking Sentai's release would probably be better (Manga would no doubt cancel the bds for the other films blaming poor sales) and a Director's Cut probably seals the deal (I should be doing another order at Planetaxel sometime over the next week or so).

Nothing, until I saw Rui's post and then ordered all of those titles. Sometimes I'm glad I pay no attention to what gets solicited in the US, because of nice surprises like this!

Glad to be of service, though you may find other things were also solicited which weren't to my taste :3

Today I burned through some Amazon vouchers I'd received, and ordered a bunch of manga which had been causing gaps in my collection:

Your & My Secret 3, 4
Millennium Prime Minister 1, 2, 4
Day of Revolution 2
Color

R

Back