The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Stuart-says-yes said:
Monster vol 2-4

Hurray, I managed to get the oop volume 3 for slightly more than cover price, just to find out volumes 5-10 are also oop -___- why viz, why?

Higurashi volume 2 + cotton drifting arc vol 1 & 2

Gintama vol 5
Viz are **** at doing reprints, have they been released here or not?
If they were only US import stock; not imported via Simon and Schuster. If it was will have a v.hard to remove sticker with price in GBP (even if it was printed on the book iteslf). Check Amazon.com etc. first. Importers tend not to restock.

Edit; nope it's OOP, good luck

Stuart-says-yes said:
Monster vol 2-4

Hurray, I managed to get the oop volume 3 for slightly more than cover price, just to find out volumes 5-10 are also oop -___- why viz, why?

Higurashi volume 2 + cotton drifting arc vol 1 & 2

Gintama vol 5

I'm waiting on Monster 2-4 atm, thought they would come today but they haven't :(

Where are you looking for the OOP I'm using the book depository, and they seemed to have them all available at below rrp, last time I checked!

Stuart-says-yes said:
Yeah, that was last time you checked, sadly since then, only books 1,2,7,11-18 are available still.

Wow, the last time I checked was Thursday last week, I must be receiving their last copies of 3 and 4 :O )

For Christmas I got Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Vol.2, and most impressively, a box of Bleach Manga vol.1-21. A very lovely box indeed. I forgot that I had put it on my amazon wishlist long ago, so it was a nice surprise when I headed to my parents house Christmas day...

Well, I don't often think to post in this thread, but...

I just managed to nab Infinite Ryvius for under twenty quid! :eek:

I'm pretty jazzed, as I'd pegged the show as something I wanted to see some time ago, but could only find a mix of second hand or overpriced new box sets. The cheapest I'd found it before looking on a whim last week was about £55.00!

I'm a happy bunny.

Bought all of Love Hina manga = 1-14 for £3.99 with 10% Student discount, but in total he charged me £50 for them

Aogu said:
BDT87 said:
Bought all of Love Hina manga = 1-14 for £3.99 with 10% Student discount, but in total he charged me £50 for them
Love Hina?! Really? :eek:
What do you... like about it!? :wink:

Well I enjoyed the Anime and alot of people said the manga is good as well, so I wanted to get them, and of course there all discontinued so I was lucky enough to get them from this Otaku shop.

Why the wink? Love hina is a great series :p

got gurren lagann vol 2+3
and death note (manga) vol 8+9

anyone notice that there where quite a few lines of subs missing in ep 11+12 of gurren lagann, or is it just me?

wertwow said:
anyone notice that there where quite a few lines of subs missing in ep 11+12 of gurren lagann, or is it just me?

Really?

Dear lord - when are we going to get better quality control from Bandai? Considering how they price their stuff so mercilessly, they should really be getting this part right.

Requiem for the Phantom Part 1 Limited Edition

It was a tough decision to get this now over waiting for the inevitable cheap Manga release later this year. In the end the return of the art box proved the deciding factor. And because I'm impatient I ordered from United Publications. Not as cheap as Axel but at least they ship in a timely fashion and I won't be waiting 2-3 weeks for it to arrive.

Considering that Phantom is highly regarded by the poster with arguably the worst taste on the forum, it's a gamble to be sure.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Requiem for the Phantom Part 1 Limited Edition
Every time I browse a site or someone posts in this thread, there's a R1 release that I've forgotten about and sort of kind of want to buy. I want to support the return of the nice packaging, too, with this and The Sacred Blacksmith. I think I need to spend a portion of my evening checking out a release list for the past [time] and the upcoming few weeks.

Back