The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Stuart-says-yes said:
link2link8 said:
Also any news of Kodansha's releases on fairy tail 13 and onwards? I went on wiki and the releases for it is 22nd of febuary, I would belive that IF del-ray was still publishing the series, but since these guys took over I assume some kind of planning is required and such, which woul delay the series.

Negima 29 had a release date of febury as well but thats disappeared since the take over, but control has only just been handed over to Kodansha, so we'll have to wait and see with release dates.
The Del Ray stuff they've anounced they're continuing.

"Air Gear 18 (June), Air Gear 19 (August)
Arisa 2 (May), Arisa 3 (July)
Fairy Tail 13 (May), Fairy Tail 14 (July
I am Here! 2 (July)
Negima 29 (May), Negima 30 (July)
Negima!? neo (June)
Ninja Girls 5 (May), Ninja Girls 6 (July)
Rave Master's final three volumes in omnibus edition (May)
Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei 9 (June), Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei 10 (August)
Shugo Chara! 10 (May), Shugo Chara! 11 (July)
The Wallflower 25 (June)"

Major ommisions are xxxHolic and Nodame Cantabile

Apologies xxHolic is carrying on under Del Ray, oddly.
Doesn't mean stuff not on the list is dropped, just isn't comming out in summer.
They should have more to anounce after new years.
The 6+ month delays on everything is bloody annoying though.

Reaper gI said:
ilmaestro said:
Yay! People buying Fairy Tail. The more I watch and read of the series, the more I think it would be one of the three most popular things out there if it ran in Jump.
Japan side (annual sales):
I did mean in the US/online, too, where I presume Naruto/Bleach/One Piece are still the most popular, but that's interesting to see just how much of a bump the older volumes have got from the anime adaptation (it was, to be fair, being placed in extremely prominant places in a lot of stores when I was in Japan in the Summer) in terms of Japanese sales - I still wouldn't take that as enough evidence to really say it's had the breakthrough it would have had if it ran in Jump, though. Where did you come by those numbers? Will be interesting to see if the DVD included with volume 24 creates something of a "feedback loop", getting more kids into the anime and then more people going back to buy older volumes of the manga.

Reaper gI said:
The Del Ray stuff they've anounced they're continuing.

"Air Gear 18 (June), Air Gear 19 (August)
Arisa 2 (May), Arisa 3 (July)
Fairy Tail 13 (May), Fairy Tail 14 (July
I am Here! 2 (July)
Negima 29 (May), Negima 30 (July)
Negima!? neo (June)
Ninja Girls 5 (May), Ninja Girls 6 (July)
Rave Master's final three volumes in omnibus edition (May)
Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei 9 (June), Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei 10 (August)
Shugo Chara! 10 (May), Shugo Chara! 11 (July)
The Wallflower 25 (June)"

Major ommisions are xxxHolic and Nodame Cantabile

read about that just now! really glad, and they are doing cage of eden, monster hunter orage, Mardock Scramble and Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney

wow, that made my day, thanks for the information everyone as well.

ilmaestro said:
Reaper gI said:
ilmaestro said:
Yay! People buying Fairy Tail. The more I watch and read of the series, the more I think it would be one of the three most popular things out there if it ran in Jump.
Japan side (annual sales):
I did mean in the US/online, too, where I presume Naruto/Bleach/One Piece are still the most popular, but that's interesting to see just how much of a bump the older volumes have got from the anime adaptation (it was, to be fair, being placed in extremely prominant places in a lot of stores when I was in Japan in the Summer) in terms of Japanese sales - I still wouldn't take that as enough evidence to really say it's had the breakthrough it would have had if it ran in Jump, though. Where did you come by those numbers? Will be interesting to see if the DVD included with volume 24 creates something of a "feedback loop", getting more kids into the anime and then more people going back to buy older volumes of the manga.
Oricon via ANN
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-11-30/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series/2010

There's a quote in an interview with one of the people at Square Enix saying the sales spike by making TV anime, is how the pubnlisher gets return on funding it, FMA sales rose 900%, Saki 230% as examples.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-10-09/producer/no-square-enix-anime-lost-money-in-8-years

Reaper gI said:
There's a quote in an interview with one of the people at Square Enix saying the sales spike by making TV anime, is how the pubnlisher gets return on funding it
Oh yes, I get that, same with LN series and other things, I was just surprised at exactly how much of a bump Fairy Tail in particular got.

Cheers for the sales figures link, you'd think I'd read ANN once in a while since anime is virtually my only hobby these days, but I just hate the site so bad. ^^;

Tanpenshu.

On AironicallyHuman's recommendation.

Why I should trust the views on romance of a man who proudly hates all womankind, I am still trying to figure out, but I look forward to reading my first ever paid-for manga.

I pretty much hate everyone equally. It's just, I don't have a vagina, and it's much more entertaining to bully a stereotypically domineering black lady with skirt wearing issues, is all.

And you'd be surprised - romance is my weakness. I've actually considered dropping romantic dramas I get too into, purely because they toy with my emotions too much. And I avoid full-on shoujo drama (without comedy mixed in), for the most part.

Endo's romance is very much recommended for the disturbing nature of his work, as opposed to the mushy stuff you probably handle best. (Think Onani's afro-boy twist.) It's one where re-reading helps and isn't for the faint of heart. The only work in his collection that's amusing is the story where he draws himself as a midlife crisis guy shouting at a random high school girl.

Platform toyed with my heart, alright, but there wasn't a happy moment. I suppose you could describe it as realistically bleak. Your white knight + horsey desires will not be fulfilled.

I brought:
Higuarshi Cotton Drifting Arc 1 and 2
Curse Killing 2
Ikigami 5
Biomega 4

:D Yay for Waterstones in Basingstoke. (3 sets of shelves and 2 spiny things)

Stuart-says-yes said:
Humbug

I can't complain as I am probably not the only person waiting on the book depository to send out stuff to them, but so far only one thing from my purchase has been sent out, K-on volume 1, yesterday. Compared to the other items on my order, K-on is like filling up on bread that you eat while your waiting for your meal to arrive.

Then again, it's take up to week for them to send out some of my previous orders that were in stock, and that wasn't even at a busy period -_-

same over here I'm waiting for my future diary volume 01 to arrive and fairy tail volume 02 was shipped by them since monday, the day before I made the order on future diary, I was assuming that it would be shipped at the same time but oh well what is done is done -_-

You're Under Arrest OVA. A quid (plus postage) from MVM via Amazon Marketplace. Which is odd because the disc is a fiver on their own site.

I'm not really interested in the series but OVA has some fantastic animation and I'm a graphics whore. The disc is dub-only, I think, but it's a well-regarded dub (apparently the Japanese producers loved it, though they may not have been the best people to judge its quality) and for that ridiculous price I'm willing to give it a shot.

Also ordered Rocket Girls (thanks to Aion's incessant pestering and bikini-clad schoolgirl screen caps) and the Nuku Nuku OVA from Second Spin. And that's me lot from this latest free shipping promotion. Roll on the next one ^_^;

ordered the following from United Publications,

Kodocha Season 2 Complete Set (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition
Our Home's Fox Deity Box Set 1 (S) Premium Edition
Twelve Kingdoms Complete Collection
Comic Party Thinpak Collection
Ultra Maniac Bargain DVD/CD Bundle

I did also order FLCL OST 1 but it was cancelled as it is unavailable.

Back