The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

It's not precisely G1 size, either, both the regular LE and subsequently Amazon's Steelbook have been redesigned to be the exact same size as the Haruhi 2009 LE DVDs, which are ever so slightly wider than regular DVD cases (I'm assuming regular DVD cases are what "G1" is). So good for one sort of collector, bad for another. ^^;

I'm still possibly going to cancel the Steelbook and go for the regular LE anyway, for the Ito Noize cover art and slightly cheaper price.

Nice spreadsheets, that's exactly the sort of thing I need to do. :)

Yeah G1 is DVD height G2 is BR height. Amazon have the size down as 191mm height whereas a G2 is 171mm. I would've stuck with it even if it was a wide BR height steelbook, because it would fit in with the rest of my collection, but amazon state it isnt =[

I found myself with a few hours spare one day and decided to put my collection into a spreadsheet, then realised I may as well collect everything together that I want to buy. I just wish you could use images in comment boxes because then i could put my personal collection pics in them just for completion's sake.

Yeah, if it's the height that is bothering you, they changed the specs from BD height to DVD height a couple of weeks ago. If you didn't know, it was originally designed to be BD height, which I guess might just be more annoying. ^^;

edit: I posted the Haruhi pics in this thread.

Funi's SAVE sale taking what should be all the unplanned purchases I make this month:

Kanon
Red Garden
Ghost Hunt
Kurau Phantom Memory
Moonphase
Galaxy Railways

Didn't buy any of the cheaper ones as they aren't really all that much money off compared with what you can buy them at anyway.

ordered the following

Hare + Guu: Deluxe OVA, Vol. 2 (long overdue finishing this series)
Girls High Collection: The Complete Series (3 Discs)
Tide-Line Blue (last copy from playusa I think as it is now sold out)
Tayutama: Kiss On My Deity - The Complete Collection

My credit card statement arrived today. I'm - put articulately - a tad fcuked off at the mo; not at all jolly. So, I decided to order a few more goodies, before the posties have a break.

I used another (my last to be used) TBD 10% off voucher to order 14-17 of Love Com, the 1-2 collection of Mugen Spiral (NG Life author) and V1 of Ghost Hunt.

My master plan was to order 13-17 during my third and final TBD Love Com spending. However, God hates me and V13 decided to go OOP between my orders for 1-12 and now. (I placed a hopeful order with TBD on Amazon.co.uk, though...)

Next, I ordered the remastered Captain Tylor OVA collection for £18 from Amazon. I swore never to buy the set after the end of the TV series left me deflated... but it'll give me an excuse to re-watch the TV series. It shouldn't prove to be the worst £18 ever spent in the history of Aion - of that much Aion is certain.

I then proceeded to order 'The Sea Prince and the Fire Child' from Amazon for a tenner. Why? Because it's a good film and I feel sorry for it; no-one knowing it exists. It can be used for the family xmas movie, or just look pretty on my shelf... or something.

And, finally, I pre-ordered Gantz 17 from Amazon for £9.99, hoping it drops in price before it's realized. I'm too lazy to order things as they come out.

allyour.jpg

December Amazon order:

BD:

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu v.3
Senkou no Night Raid v.7
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai v.1
Occult Academy v.4
Shiki v.3
Angel Beats! v.7
Black Rock Shooter w/Puchi Nendo
Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu
K-ON!! v.6
Gundam 00 - A wakening of the Trailblazer - Complete Edition
Bungaku Shoujo Memoire III (DVD)

Print:

Anime To Aru Majutsu no Index no Subete
Dengeki Bunko Magazine 2011/01
Type Moon Ace 2011/01
Arcadia 2011/01
To Aru Majutsu no Index v.22 (I thought I already had this, but can't find it)

And supplemental order from Mangaoh:

Dengeki G's Festival v.19 w/ Kuroneko Puchi Nendo
Guide of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu
Tenjo Tenge v.22
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi v.27

Future Diary Volume 1
Comic Party: Volume 3
Comic Party: Volume 2
Fairy Tail Volume 02

And then I'm planning to get thew following this week coming:

Soul Eater Volume 02, 03 and 04
Pandora's Heart Volume 01, 02, 03 and 04
Yotsuba Volume 09 (when it's out)

Yay! People buying Fairy Tail. The more I watch and read of the series, the more I think it would be one of the three most popular things out there if it ran in Jump.

ilmaestro said:
Yay! People buying Fairy Tail. The more I watch and read of the series, the more I think it would be one of the three most popular things out there if it ran in Jump.
Japan side (annual sales):
It is number 4 (that must be sales of people buying the whole thing, due to anime, curent volumes are top 50 not top 10), that's ahead of Bleach (number 5), Kimi ni Todoke is number 3.

If you go on sales of individual volumes, not series as a whole (so monthly stuff isn't lower). It's One piece, FMA, Nodame Cantabile, Naruto, and Kimi ni Todoke as top 5. (One Piece is number 1, FMA 2, the other 3 are around the same). Bleach is then behind HunterxHunter, Saint Young Men and Evangelion.

That said over here it's Viz Media that have best advertising, and Kondansha properties in general are up in the air, being suspended as Kondansha try to take of publication themselves.

chucklebrothers203203x1.jpg

There goes the budget.

O' Second Spin, how I love and loathe thee. While the code is still active I decided to make another couple of orders comprising the following items:

Jubei Chan Complete Collection - it seems that everything Akitaro Daichi touches turns to gold, so why not.
Jubei Chan 2 volumes 1-4 with box - wasn't planning on this but it was too cheap to pass up. And that artbox is sexy.
Blassreiter part 1 - to placate a certain poster (who did, in fairness, sell it pretty well).

Then I made a critical error by heading over to Right Stuf and browsing their "12 Days of Anime" deals. There I found all four Nana box sets for $24 each. The sale ends tomorrow, so I impulsively made the order and promptly shredded my credit card. (Unfortunately I have the number committed to memory and haven't yet found an effective way of forgetting it.) Even if I'm charged customs it'll be around £20 cheaper than anywhere else.

I want the Dojin Works bundle as well but there's no way...

Stuart-says-yes said:
ilmaestro said:

It could but remember psyren, it was good and it flopped.

Speaking of which, what happening to the english release of psyren? I heard Viz licensed it but still no news on it.

Also any news of Kodansha's releases on fairy tail 13 and onwards? I went on wiki and the releases for it is 22nd of febuary, I would belive that IF del-ray was still publishing the series, but since these guys took over I assume some kind of planning is required and such, which woul delay the series.

Kodansha should be clearing stuff up today, that's when they're having a launch party for "Kodansha Comics", which is what's replacing Del Ray.
They say they should have a scedule for Summer releases out then.
Might be a wait for stuff by the sounds of things.

Back