The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Well, thanks to delays and an iffy subtitling job, I decided that I'm going to buy Aniplex's release of Durarara! instead of Beez's. Part 1 has shipped today from UP.

Also shipped today was Bamboo Blade Part 2 from those early release rascals HMV.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Well, thanks to delays and an iffy subtitling job, I decided that I'm going to buy Aniplex's release of Durarara! instead of Beez's. Part 1 has shipped today from UP.

Also shipped today was Bamboo Blade Part 2 from those early release rascals HMV.

I was planning to get the beez release but instead changed my mind, what's wrong with beez's release? curious since I'm planning on gettin the aniplex one as well.

link2link8 said:
what's wrong with beez's release?
Not too much. Just this:

fabricatedlunatic said:
Early in the first episode, the main character is having an inner monologue while another is talking to him/at him. Normally in this situation you'd have two separate lines of subtitles, one for each character, but for some reason Beez thought it would be a good idea to keep interrupting one character's line and replace it with the other's.

I hope that doesn't happen too often.
While it doesn't happen often, it happens a few more times during the first 9 episodes. At one point there's on screen text and either that or dialogue being spoken at the same time (can't remember which) wasn't subtitled at all. If a distributor is doing a sub-only release it should at least be subtitled properly, and to be honest I don't think it was a good enough effort from Beez.

fabricatedlunatic said:

yeah i done the same thing after reading about the sub issues that was enough for me to hold on until the Aniplex release,ordered my copy on monday from united publications so should be with me soon.

Saiyuki Reload Complete boxset
Gravitation Complete boxset
Disgea Boxset -All 3 thanks to AOL

yesterday i got
Kingdom Hearts Birthday By Sleep Avatar Mascot Straps of Ventus and Terra
Kotobukiya's Yomiko Readman 1/8 Figure

Dairugger collection 3 and taro the drgonboy which i ordered a couple of weeks ago have finally shipped,really happy that finally my dairugger collection is finally complete especially after all the delays. :D

Got Dai-guard the complete series today.

I don't like mecha as a rule, but apparently this show subverts the genre somewhat. Besides £15 at Anime on Line isn't to be sniffed at. Especially as I couldn't find it at all anywhere else.

Just got Baccano in the mail from Durial this morning, which was hella quick considering i wasn't expecting it until Monday. Thanks again!

Have had stuff shipped from Amazon in the last few days:

BD:

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu v.4
K-ON!! v.7
Occult Academy v.5
To Aru Majutsu no Index II v.1 (happily with the bonus DVD, explicitly stated by Amazon)
Shiki v.4
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai v.2
EVE no Jikan Original Version

DVD:

Yutori-chan

Print:

Gundam Ace 2011/03
Dengeki G's Magazine 2011/03
Megami Magazine 2011/03
Arcadia 2011/03
Dragon Magazine 2011/03 (w/ KoreZom Haruna 2.5" figure)

ilmaestro said:
Have had stuff shipped from Amazon in the last few days:

BD:

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu v.4
K-ON!! v.7
Occult Academy v.5
To Aru Majutsu no Index II v.1 (happily with the bonus DVD, explicitly stated by Amazon)
Shiki v.4
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai v.2
EVE no Jikan Original Version

DVD:

Yutori-chan

Print:

Gundam Ace 2011/03
Dengeki G's Magazine 2011/03
Megami Magazine 2011/03
Arcadia 2011/03
Dragon Magazine 2011/03 (w/ KoreZom Haruna 2.5" figure)

wow that must of cost you a lot of money, gonna wait for index since it's been licensed by funi (god that'll take a while) and here I thought I was the only one who watch yutori-chan lol.

========

I ordered hayate volume 10, 11 from amazon and 12 from UP as I cant find volume 12 cheaper anywhere else.

Hmm today. I brought some stuff:

MANGA:
Kurusagi Corpse Delivery Service V2
Highschool of the Dead V1 :p
Welcome to the NHK V2
20th Century Boys V1
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attirney Casebook V2 (Saw it.... had to do it.)

ANIME:
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Ghost In The Shell 2.0
Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence

has anyone got the clannad dvd's, been looking around and wondering what the casing looks like, also I'm planning n ordering from amazon, anyone know of any place better in case?

link2link8 said:
has anyone got the clannad dvd's, been looking around and wondering what the casing looks like, also I'm planning n ordering from amazon, anyone know of any place better in case?
Which sets, the sub-only (boring black plasic dvd cases with disks on either side) or the hybrid (no idea).
So long as you don't mean .com you should be fine.
Marketplace sellers on .co.uk are normaly much cheaper.
Cheapest option will be rightstuf, but hoop jumping is required for international orders (id checks due to fraud risk).

Back