The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle, Volumes 1 & 2.

ADV's previous untimely demise has me waiting for Sentai to fully release things, then I snap them up. Just in case.

That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:
GHOST IN THE SHELL TV series 1+2 anime DVD R1 Bandai

I guess this means my R2 Manga GitS box sets will be going to a new home at some point in the future.
So, let me get this straight... You bought a new R1 version of something you already own cheap, and are now going to sell on your better quality R2 boxed sets? You can't possibly get back what you paid for those originally, can you? I'm trying to think of what possible reason there could be for doing this besides saving four inches of shelf space... Please, put me out of my misery and explain.

ayase said:
So, let me get this straight... You bought a new R1 version of something you already own cheap, and are now going to sell on your better quality R2 boxed sets? You can't possibly get back what you paid for those originally, can you? I'm trying to think of what possible reason there could be for doing this besides saving four inches of shelf space... Please, put me out of my misery and explain.

At least the first GitS R2 set has subtitle issues. The subtitles don't match-up with the dialogue; the timing being totally off. What this means is that you can only watch at least the first series in English. That's not a bad thing when the GitS dub is high quality, but some parts of the story are complicated enough to warrant subtitles, and I like having the best of both worlds.

Paying £7 per R1 box set was the same as paying next to nothing, and they aren't that old. No-one else wanted them due to people knowing about the R2 box sets. With any luck, after scanning images of my thinpack, sturdy box sets, I'll come close to breaking even; me having paid not a lot for both sets originally.

And, yes, saving space when I have none was also part of my thinking.

Understand now, AUKN member who hasn't watched anime in a month?

Witch Hunter Robin and Wolf's Rain box sets: largely because at £15 each they're only marginally more expensive than renting them.

Aion, have just checked my as-yet-unwatched (until now) R2 GitS 1st GIG set and it has the same problems with the subs! Never expected that kind of error on a professional release. It's not like they're even consistently out, they veer between on time and about a second or two behind. For the whole damn series.

Am toying with the idea of getting the Cowboy Bebop and Gungrave sets (both in the £30 range though), with the Darker Than Black and Claymore sets being pretty cheap at the moment as well (£18 each). May import the (edited) Kite and Mezzo Forte OAVs, not sure on those.

Just Bought the Love Hina Boxset and I really can't afford it. Just noticed that fabric mentioned BASE.com were selling it at £16.83 (now£17.99) and my body went into autopilot. Doesn't help that I'm loving the manga at the moment either like. TT_TT

Preordered the following,

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Part 1 (Region A Blu-ray)

I thought about waiting for the UK release but a look around HMV, Amazon & Play.com show a RRP of £34.99 with a selling price of £25.99. I just preordered the Region A version for £17.99 and I don't have to wait until August as it is out later this month.

Hell Girl Box Set-S.A.V.E. Edition
Hell Girl Season 2:Two Mirrors Collection 1
Living for the Day After Tomorrow Complete Collection
Witch Hunter Robin Complete Collection(Anime Legends)
Wolf's Rain Perfect Collection(Anime Legends)

Biomega 2 (£6.20)
Jormungand 1 (£7.20)
Kingyo Used Books 1 (£7)

Viz = Win. I can't stop buying their releases atm, and I know without reading any of their more mature titles that they'll be great. +1 to the person/people selecting what they publish. The manga version of ADV they ain't.

...I do need to stop buying ****, mind. My PayPal funds are gone, and it's time to start reading more of what I own already.

Dojin Work complete collection
Queens Blade 2 (preorder)

Bonus round:

Comiket catalogue
New home printer for Comiket catalogue >_>
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2

R

Basilisk Vols 1-5 by Masaki Segawa: Tanoshimi

Wanted to read the manga ever since watching the anime. The first volume is hard to get.

Midori Days Vols 1-8 by Kazurou Inoue: Viz Media

Ditto. There should be more content in the manga--eight volumes seems a bit much to fit neatly into a 12-13 episode series.

dragon ball z box set

I finally got around to ordering the final three DB volumes the other week. And then, this auction appeared. £2 per volume, for a supposedly mint/used set that is going to be sent in a box? I couldn't say no.

Back