The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Lately, I've been spending a lot of time reading/watching stories focused on romance and/or comedy. That needs to change.

I noticed Amazon are selling volumes 1-4 of BL for £5.20 each a few hours ago. I also noticed the following:

bompgb2kkgrhqqheqeuyyc2.jpg

Not only are the books sold in the new, larger manga format books are getting released in by Viz of late (even Bunny Drop, from Yen Press got the same treatment), the covers look sexy. And even the artwork looks sweet.

I got annoyed with how Revy moved in slow-motion and avoided getting hurt in the anime. Hopefully, the lack of motion makes the manga much more enjoyable.

Ordered Lupin III: First Contact from Movie Mars via Amazon, which turned out to be a fair bit cheaper than the UK importers or Axel Music. To call the Lupin movies a mixed bag would be putting it lightly, but this one's supposed to be excellent and I've wanted to see it for a while.

fabricatedlunatic said:
...Movie Mars via Amazon, which turned out to be a fair bit cheaper than the UK importers or Axel Music.
I've used such sellers before. They are one of a few marketplace vendors upon whom one can rely for imports below the Customs limit. Products take a fair while to arrive, but few can match the shipping prices offered for UK marketplace orders.

chaos said:
Oh, it was you who bought the set I wanted to get?
Anyway, I've got a fantastic Junko Mizuno art book Saturday.

No it wasn't me as I saw the person at the stall put another copy after I brought mine

Hah, I should have grabbed it the moment I've seen it. Anyway, I'll be sure to get it at expo by the end of the month. Otaku will be there anyway, as well as their cheaper cousin UP1.

Ordered the following manga

Yotsuba&! volume 8

plus reordered the following,

Higurashi When They Cry: Curse Killing Arc volume 2
Gunsmithcats Burst volume 5

I'm informed that they're mainly cel art with a few extra pictures thrown in. Still nice to have - One day I might be able to afford a decent real DP cel but they don't come cheap (especially not Kei close-ups). These comics come up fairly often individually, but by the time you've added the postage on (often more than the book itself) the price gets silly. All five in a bundle was hard to pass up.

Used another £50 of my PayPal funds on TBD. I'll more than likely transfer the rest to my bank account.

tbd1.jpg

tbd2.jpg

Biomega, Doro and Maoh have been on my Viz radar for awhile. Seeing that TBD have seemingly got Maoh early forced my hand; making me finally order all three.

Black God and Yotsuba are series I'm collecting. (I also pre-ordered Ikigami from Base.com, though it was tempting to pay £7 at TBD for it since, like with Maoh, they've seemingly got it in early.)

Due to eBaying, I've owned 13/16 of DB for awhile, and I got some enjoyment out it when I read some volumes ages ago. Annoyingly, most of my volumes are the crappy/stiff Gollcanz(sp?) releases, but beggars can't be picky!

And, finally, as for 20th Century Boys, I own 1-3. Whenever I read beyond the first volume, I'll judge whether it's worth collecting in full based on my thoughts after reading the fifth volume. I felt that it'd be hard to judge such a lengthy series by reading just three mystery-filled volumes...

Shipping from Amazon are Yotsuba v.8 and--dun dun duuuuuun--the Death Note DVD box set, which some poor unfortunate will be buying me for my birfday next month. The first 8 episodes were utterly ridiculous but I can't deny that the show has a pulpy appeal, not to mention plenty of unintended hilarity. Somehow I must try not to take it remotely seriously...

hut2.jpg

For awhile, I'd said that I'd order Ocean Waves when the price dropped below £10. I moved the process along with a discount code.

hut1.jpg

I needed an excuse to pre-order the manga I'm into/interested in. The Hut's 10% off code ('MM10', which expires today, if it hasn't already) gave me that excuse. If only TBD would give me another code to play with...

(The bastards lowered the price of Biomega from £5.44 to £5 after I ordered it. ****s!)

Last night, I won these auctions, also:

.hack//G.U.+ manga volumes 1-5 dot hack gu

.hack//xxxx 1-2 manga dot hack

I actually already own the first volume of the G.U. manga, but it would've cost £22 to buy the other four new. Getting the remaining four volumes, as well as a spare first volume, for almost half that price used was far more tempting.

And today this book arrived, in near mint condition; as described: Ode to Kirihito Manga Graphic Novel by Osamu Tezuka

R1
Gintama Collection 1
One Piece Season 2 Seventh Voyage
Evangelion 1.11 Bluray

R2
Claymore Boxset
Darker than Black Boxset
Sword of the stranger Blu Ray

Manga
One Piece 39 - 43

That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:
For awhile, I'd said that I'd order Ocean Waves when the price dropped below £10. I moved the process along with a discount code.
Never thought I'd see the day when you were willing to pay more for a DVD than I was. I'm holding on for the inevitable £7.99 or thereabouts.

I used the code to pre-order the latest masterpiece from your favourite director, The Sky Crawlers, for £13-something, along with a couple of games. According to Quidco I should be getting about £5 cashback as well \o/

I must admit, it did pain me. I had to look deep within my soul before deciding to pay £8.99 for the two disc SotS release, let alone £10 for Ocean Waves. But, when I thought about it, I don't hand out too many 9/10's, and not many 9/10's make it to the UK. So, I should force myself to pay more than £5 a disc in these instances.

/logic

I know Sky Crawlers is cack without watching one second of it, by the way. I know these things about anime.

£13 on rubbish, instead of £18 on Claymore--£3 per disc? Fail. You aren't a true Berserk fan. In fact, you're more of a woman than a man.

GHOST IN THE SHELL TV series 1+2 anime DVD R1 Bandai

I guess this means my R2 Manga GitS box sets will be going to a new home at some point in the future.

I'm quite good at spending money I made by selling anime/manga on more anime/manga; some of which will no doubt be sold at a later date. It's something akin to an endless cycle.

Back