The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Rui said:
Bonus round:

Comiket catalogue
New home printer for Comiket catalogue >_>
Awesome. :)

I will, perhaps not overly sensibly, be leaving it until two days beforehand to buy and look through a physical catalog.

ilmaestro said:

I will, perhaps not overly sensibly, be leaving it until two days beforehand to buy and look through a physical catalog.

Even with my advance planning I expect it will end up like last time again for me, where the catalogue is held up even with EMS and I spend every day leading up to my flight in a panic before speed-reading the actual listings when it finally arrives :/

I remember having terrible trouble trying to get the physical Super Comic City catalogue one year as I had somehow managed to arrive in the dead period between its release and the event where nobody had stock. Ended up buying on the day and frantically drawing on maps in the queue.

I really wish they'd sell the digital version as a download...

R

Yeah it's pretty crazy not selling it as a download, but on the other hand you would sell about four copies and the rest would get pirated (not that I'm sure that doesn't happen anyway).

Rui said:
ilmaestro said:

Even with my advance planning I expect it will end up like last time again for me, where the catalogue is held up even with EMS and I spend every day leading up to my flight in a panic before speed-reading the actual listings when it finally arrives :/

I remember having terrible trouble trying to get the physical Super Comic City catalogue one year as I had somehow managed to arrive in the dead period between its release and the event where nobody had stock. Ended up buying on the day and frantically drawing on maps in the queue.

I really wish they'd sell the digital version as a download...

R
I wonder if I can actually read the catalog...
And I still have to sort my Visa and acommodation =S

mangaman74 said:
Preordered the following,

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Part 1 (Region A Blu-ray)

I thought about waiting for the UK release but a look around HMV, Amazon & Play.com show a RRP of £34.99 with a selling price of £25.99. I just preordered the Region A version for £17.99 and I don't have to wait until August as it is out later this month.

2 questions

1. Where did you preorder it for £17.99?

2. Do you have a multi region bluray player or was the Blu ray confirmed region free like DragonBall Kai.

Southe said:
2. Do you have a multi region bluray player or was the Blu ray confirmed region free like DragonBall Kai.
PlayUSA.

This photo posted by a user on the AnimeOnDVD forums confirms that the discs are both A & B.

The revelation that the show was animated in 540p and upscaled to 1080p means I'm tempted to choose this cheaper option myself.

Technically ordered these on the 23rd last month, but they arrived today.

From RightStuf:
School Rumble Season 1
School Rumble OVA
School Rumble Season 2
Tenchi Muyo GXP boxset (to replace my crappy Viridian Collection one).
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi (in an awquard tin)

Incase anyone is interested, I ordered on the 23rd of April, they were posted on the 27th and I received them exactly 3 weeks later on the 18th May (today), in a rather fetching blue Postal Sack. Very well packaged in the box itself, some of the best I have ever seen.

Southe said:
mangaman74 said:

I thought about waiting for the UK release but a look around HMV, Amazon & Play.com show a RRP of £34.99 with a selling price of £25.99. I just preordered the Region A version for £17.99 and I don't have to wait until August as it is out later this month.

2 questions

I preordered both Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Part 1 & DragonBall Kai: Part 1 blu-rays from playusa.

http://www.playusasecureserver.com/DVD/ ... oduct.html

&

I have a multi-region blu-ray player as, like with dvds, I want to have a wider choice of titles to choose from.

mangaman74 said:
Southe said:
mangaman74 said:

2 questions

I preordered both Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Part 1 & DragonBall Kai: Part 1 blu-rays from playusa.

&

I have a multi-region blu-ray player as, like with dvds, I want to have a wider choice of titles to choose from.

How much did the BD Player cost you? I looked online a couple months agoo and they were all expensive >.<

I got my player from Multiregionmagic,

http://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_98

The make & model I purchased is Panasonic DMP-BD60EB-K Blu-Ray PlayerMultiregion Blu-Ray+DVD (DMPBD60EBKic) and it cost me £399 plus £10 shipping.

There are cheaper models around if you want to look for them (HMV were selling one for under £100 a while ago but I think it has sold out now).

I went for a multi-region blu-ray player as looking at my dvd collection there are many dvds released on region 1 which have yet to get a release over here. I would like to buy UK bd discs but where are the releases?

Anime:

Bleach Season 4 Part 1
Bleach Season 4 Part 2

...Yes i know its the Bount filler, but for reasons unknown to me it feels weird jumping from Season 3 to whatever season the Arranacar Arc comes out as.

Manga:

Bleach vol 28 & 29 only two vols left till i've caught up with the english releases.

Back