The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I've read Video Girl Ai a long time ago. It was a ood series in the beginning, but it twisted in weird ways and it ended as a completely different series.

The art was great though.

ayase said:
I also received my Eva 1.11 BD. May this be the first of many HMV exclusives. These kind of slipcases make Blu-rays look so much better (no blue plastic to look at).

i got mine this morning as well, i agree about the slip cases i don't acutally like the blu ray boxs with the plastic at the top

Mindlessly wandered onto the Internet and bought Region 1 releases of

009-1 Bargain Bundle
Mahoromatic Summer Special
World of Narue Collector's Series Box
Ouran High School Host Club S1 Part 2 all in TRSI's bargain blowout.

009-1 comes with that nifty embossed artbox, World of Narue has always intrigued me since I saw it on sale in the UK, but the CPM collection is dual language with extras and for $10, who's arguing.

As for Ouran. Last year I got the Region 1 release of part 1 from Manga instead of the R2 review discs, and really liked it. Then they sent me R2 review discs for Part 2, and they screwed up the presentation, no signs track, stripped out extras, and the wrong aspect ratio! At least this way I'll have it all on Region 1, and looking nice on the shelf.

EDIT Mahoromatic was really cheap!

Trip to york got me these:

Shaman King Vol 20
Shaman King Vol 21
Shaman King Vol 23

No that's not an error there, the dude in the shop was too lazy to put a "3for2" sticker on vol 22 so he said it was excluded in the offer. I was already having a stressful time thanks to other events, so i didn't feel like making a scene, so i just grabbed vol 23.

Received my SotS BD.

I have to say I find the "single disc in a plastic case with a single sided cover" a little underwhelming given the comparable price / quality of the special edition DVD release and the fact that it had a £30 RRP.

It isn't a Beez (the Freedom and Gunbuster sets were lovely) or an anime specific problem though, the shafting of the Blu-ray buyers. Does no-one stop and think:
"Hey, the people who are prepared to shell out for the best picture and sound quality probably want / deserve the best packaging as well"?

Apparently not.

ayase said:
Does no-one stop and think:
"Hey, the people who are prepared to shell out for the best picture and sound quality probably want / deserve the best packaging as well"?

Apparently not.
Yeah, someone does. I can take some more pictures of the Japanese release of SotS if you like? ^^;

I have ordered the following

Fullmetal Alchemist 4 GN (PM) + Alphonse Figurine Box Set

I already own the Edward version which I got back when they were first released.

Finally had the Elemental Gelade and Gun x Sword boxsets arrive through the post yesterday, along with picking up the Death Note boxset, and Evangelion 1.11 BD in HMV.

I received this morning:

- Gundam Seed Destiny 2
- Evangelion 1.11 (Blu Ray)

Update:
koi koi seven manga
vol. 4
vol. 5

Haruhi manga vol. 4

Preordered Geass R2 part 1 from Amazon since the price dropped a tiny bit. Also preordered Gundam 00 season 2, part 2 from PlayUSA since it's still MIA here and I need my Gundam ASAP.

R

Amazon will give you the cheapest price anything drops to after you preorder it, btw, so you can always preorder stuff and just cancel it if the price hasn't dropped before it comes out.

Vandread Ultimate Collection(Seasons 1-2 + OVAs)
You're Under Arrest Season 3 Part 2 Collection-Full Throttle
Kanon Complete Set-S.A.V.E. Edition
Lupin The 3rd Episode 0:The First Contact
Berserk Complete Collection(vols 1-6)

Went into London and grabbed Kingyo Used Books vol 1 out of curiousity. My husband found the next five Viz volumes of One Piece already on shelves somehow in one store, so he is now in his regular One Piece-related trance mode reading in the corner.

ilmaestro said:
Amazon will give you the cheapest price anything drops to after you preorder it, btw, so you can always preorder stuff and just cancel it if the price hasn't dropped before it comes out.

I wasn't sure I wanted it when it was £27.99 but somehow £27.47 convinced me :3

R

I'm pondering whether to pre-order the upcoming volumes of the manga series I'm collecting. TBD have the lowest prices; Amazon's being £7+, generally. However, you can't cancel TBD orders manually, and they charge you what the price was at the time of ordering, regardless of if the price changes.

Black God 9-11 + Bunny Drop 2-3 are mighty tempting for £5.99 each... but I just KNOW TBD will release a 10% off code as soon as I order. :|

Back