The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Aion said:
I don't know why you think you'll be able to break even when so few bother buying anything on eBay...well, you have had good luck in the past, I suppose.
A few months back a complete R1 set went for about £70 on eBay. I was thinking about buying it myself but, as always, procrastinated too long. Glad I did now.

Dracos: Axel shipped all my orders from Canada via Europe, which is why it takes a bit longer than you'd expect.

Beez are releasing 2x R2 sets. HMV have them available for pre-order for £38.99, iirc. Those releases might damage your chances of getting the same price you saw the R1 set sell for.

Today I bought...

Anime
Disgaea volume 2 (Pre Order)
Oh my Goddess volumes 1 and 2
Slayers Next volume 4 (Pre Order)
Tokko complete boxset

I never said they copied, although Bones did copy Eureka 7 a lot to create Xam'd. Eureka 7 is a typical Bones series - looks nice and has enough to attract attention, yet fails because it's incomprehensible due to a lack of explanations about the setting and what the hecks going on.

From what I've seen, Xam'd is better because it looks better and doesn't last as long. If I'm going to watch a series without understanding a lot, HD visuals and great animation are certainly a huge plus.

fabricatedlunatic said:
My Eureka Seven order shipped yesterday. That's all twelve volumes plus the two artboxes with t-shirts and CDs and whatever else they're stuffed with. £55 in total :D
May I ask you where?

Right Stuf -- but they've sold out of certain volumes which may or may not come back into stock. They've been clearing out the singles in preparation for the forthcoming Anime Legends releases.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Thought I'd nab the thinpak sets while they're still in print since both shows are due re-releases in cheaper packaging.
They're finally going for those paper packets I predicted then?

fabricatedlunatic said:
His and Her Circumstances

How much did you pay, and why didn't you get Death Note instead?

I had a look at my TBD account and saw that the remaining four Claymore books have been sent. Yay.

The four that were sent on Sat didn't arrived today. Nay.

My Code Geass: Part 3 set arrived today. Yay.

I've noticed a few knocks on my Part 1-2 slipcovers. Nay.

ayase said:
They're finally going for those paper packets I predicted then?
Heh. No, they're going with dreaded multi-disc keepcases, the most boring packaging known to humankind. Both of these thinpak sets have nice sturdy artboxes rather than the paper sleeves of Funimation's sets.

Death Note can wait. And wait. Andwaitandwaitandwait. I predict a box set by the end of the year.

Another four of my Claymore books arrived, taking my total to 5/9 received.

I'm happy with 4/5 - they all look brand new, the covers being white and having that unused feel and the pages are also white. The other one, volume 10, doesn't. The spines yellowed compared to the white spines of the others, the top and bottom of the left hand side of the spine have slight knocks, the bottom right of the cover is creased slightly and the pages are yellow. It's the only one without a UK price on the back and it shows its age.

I've had issues like this in the past with books that haven't been released in the UK. One of my Confidential Confessions volumes had the same issues as my Claymore volume, I contacted them, they sent a replacement for free...and it was as bad as my first copy. They, or whoever they import from, clearly don't keep older books in good condition, leaving them near a window or something...

Four as new and one not isn't a bad ratio, but it still bugs me when I pay for new books and get used quality. I'll contact them and see if they really do no longer have CS. They never responded to my message about sending the books together, so I'm not hopeful.

Back