The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Spyro201 said:
Ninja Boy! said:
yesterday i got Gits:SAC 2 boxset....i have no idea why it took me like over a year to order this LOL.

You'll enjoy it and wish you ordered it last year :p

cant wait :D

and on that note, this morning i got FMA - season one part one boxset

its a bummer that i have to order these, when i have half of the R1 singles (the rest of the R1 first print editions are super hard to get since they come witht he booklets,)
but considering pricing and all, it works out cheaper for me to get these season sets and on top i get the booklets and nice packaging hehe

Murder Princess
Gurren Lagann Set 3 LE

And ordered a few bits from Second Spin as well, most notably Urusei Yatsura Volumes 14-21.

Second Spin is really not that cheap, but it is really useful sometimes for picking up missing bits and pieces. The codes are the best bit, I can't resist ordering whenever they have free shipping on everything with or without any discount.

I bought some stuff that I had either meant to pick up for a while, or misplaced at some point:

YUA Mini Specials and Movie (no idea where these got to)
Nurse Witch Komugi
Otogi Zoushi

and I also picked up the 20th Century Boys live action movie.

Today I bought...

From Anime on Line
Slayers Next volume 3 (Pre Order)
Solty Rei volume 3 (Pre Order)
Gestalt

From HMV
Darker Than Black vol 1 and 2 (Pre Order)

Over the last few days, I've won a fair few auctions. I won volumes 6-12 of Dragonball for around £2 each and last night I won auctions for volumes 1-3 of Claymore, as well as volume 1 of D Gray-man for around £2 each. It's a bitch to have to set up bids for each volume...

I also won volumes 1-4 of GTO around a week ago. The seller didn't give a postage discount, charging the full £5.80, and the books still haven't arrived. Depending on the condition and the packaging, the seller will be getting a neutral or negative methinks.

Witchblade vol 6 ,a great ending to a great series .For once Gonzo got it spot on.Forget the cover art showing half naked women with big breasts because this is not what Witchblade is about.The core of this show is about the relationship between masane and her daughter rihoko ,especially in the later volumes were there is even less action and more concentration on the characters.
If you haven't seen or got this series,go get it .I can't recommend this show highly enough.Call me a big softie but even I cried when masane and riko were talking in the park(no spoilers) you just have to buy it.
Witchblade the series 10/10 :D

Mine also did. I just unwrapped it and cut the sticker along the middle on the top. I'm happy Bandai didn't try to fit seven discs into a single disc sized case.

If you haven't seen Wolf's Rain, go with that. It has wonderful Yoko Kanno music, looks great (4:3 aside) and has a truly tear-inducing finale. The only truly bad point is the lack of personality the main chaacter displays.

Seirei no Moribito vols 1 & 2
Seen very recently on ANN that Adult Swim will show the remaining 16 episodes of this series soon .so hopefully I'll be able to get the rest of this fantastic show on dvd soon.Even the cases that the dvd's come in are superb with a lovely glass like dvd case with beautiful artwork even on the inside. :D

claymorel.jpg

Or, in the case of TBD, nine small white jiffy bags. Unless they've stopped, they send every book in separate packaging.

I sent them a message after ordering requesting that they don't.

Claymore is pretty good, yeah. It's like Berserk, just with ladies doing the killing and not £8-£10 per volume. Manga are releasing the first volume of the anime next month, which contains 10/26 episodes - you might want to look into that instead.

The more parcels they send, the higher the chance of one of the books slipping through and getting itself 'lost'. If that happens, I'll have to wait for weeks for TBD to agree it's gone missing before they refund or replace.

There's also the damage front to consider. If I was a postman I'd be pretty careless when trying to mess with nine packages at once, all for the same address. And the books would be more secure in a compact box.

At least TBD usually have the best prices and don't argue (usually) about refunds or replacements. I'll just have to hope for the best.

Whilst looking, I noticed TBD have finally been added to find-book.co.uk, which makes buying books far easier. I also noticed Naruto Vol. 28+ all are £3.99-£4.20 - I'll have to get around to ordering that lot at some point.

Back