The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Well, play does the same. At some point in time, I've ordered about loads of dvds from them in one of their sales and the postman rang me with a big santa claus bag full of dvds individually packaged :p

I've had stacks of Play boxes and the santa sacks before but never anything to quite rival Rui there. :lol:

I want some kind of pneumatic tube system deployed in my building (or even better, the entire country) so parcels can just be sucked up to my flat to prevent them from being taken back to the depot, or as in one recent case, York.

Aion said:
If I was a postman I'd be pretty careless when trying to mess with nine packages at once, all for the same address.
Maybe that's your true calling. :p

Today I bought the Art of Code Geass Fanbook. My favourite artists produced the character designs for this anime thus I would like to enjoy, with great pleasure, looking through some amazing pictures of the characters.

I also ordered Code Geass R2, which I have been anticipating to view.

The mountainous pile of TBD packages is great :D

Surely it would be more finacially viable, not to mention more environmentally friendly, for them to send multiple books in one large package. It doesn't bother me, though, since I never order that many books in one go. Slow reader.

I always enjoy the thrill of opening TBD packages; never knowing which ones gonna be next. I take pleasure in these minor surprises...

Zin5ki said:
Am I right in assuming the parcels in Rui's photo were in a neat stacked column seconds before the picture was taken?

They were shunted into that position when I opened the door after work in the evening. Another similarly sized pile followed the next day...

I think it was mostly my husband deciding to "catch up" on his long running shounen series or something. It happens from time to time.

I'm not sure whether I like the opening experience - on one hand it's fun guessing what's in each one before you open it but on the other it makes keeping track of what you've got take much longer than necessary with all the fiddling!

R

Your orders must've been some time ago because, ever since I've ordered from them, they've sent me white packages. It could be dependent on skin colour, of course - I'm white. Are you or your other half black?

The huge amount of packages in front of the door thing wiill never be an issue with my current postie - he either knocks the door if he has parcels or takes them next door if I'm out. He's a nice guy and is so used to taking parcels to my address by now he never forgets - it's usually daily.

I hate the opening aspect because I dread seeing dented corners. And I'll be in for my 'which books are damaged!?' fun soon since TBD have ignored my email and sent 1/9 already. Arses.

It was a couple of months ago IIRC. Maybe they wanted to use up some cheap-looking brown packets as punishment for us for buying some of the terrible series we collect (now you mentioned it, they are usually white for us too). Since we both work we are never in for deliveries so it's either piled up in the hall like that or we get to visit the local sorting office, who know me personally now.

On topic just had a blitz myself and ordered up to 36 of Hana Yori Dango/Boys Over Flowers which is the original end. I've been following the series for what seems like forever so it will be fun to finally see it all through. Also caught up on Nana, Gintama and Mamoru The Shadow Protector and preordered Ghost Hunt 2.

R

Aion said:
The huge amount of packages in front of the door thing wiill never be an issue with my current postie - he either knocks the door if he has parcels or takes them next door if I'm out. He's a nice guy and is so used to taking parcels to my address by now he never forgets - it's usually daily.
Ah, don't get me started on the postman. Just as I think we have a good one they change him! We had an excellent postman for years, he was really friendly and we gave him a Christmas card each year, now our postman changes every month or so.
They either come to the wrong door, or walk into our house and almost get bitten by my dog, or if we don't answer the door they take my packages back with them. Our current postman determinedly tries to wedge everything through our letter box to the point of damaging things! Why can't they just leave everything in our porch like commonsense would dictate!

Rui said:
Since we both work we are never in for deliveries so it's either piled up in the hall like that or we get to visit the local sorting office, who know me personally now.

R

It is annoying when I get home sometimes and can't actually open the door very far as I have something jammed under it, you just have to hope you have not damaged it. Though it is sometimes more annoying to have so much stuff behind the door you start wondering how you are going to move it and get in. When I had bigger boxes and duty to contend with I was down the local sorting office at least a couple of times a week, luckily it is just at the bottom of the hill.

No new stuff for a few days. I am however a little worried as there are something like 20 parcels in the post after SS orders and pre-orders. Any idea how long Axel Music stuff normally takes. The first few bits I ordered turned up pretty quick once they were sent, but the last couple of things were sent about 2 weeks ago and have not turned up yet.

In my experience packages from Axel Music can take anything between 1 and 3 weeks to arrive. It's very inconsistent.

My Eureka Seven order shipped yesterday. That's all twelve volumes plus the two artboxes with t-shirts and CDs and whatever else they're stuffed with. £55 in total :D

Waste of money - I dropped Eureka Seven after 10 or so episodes. It's like Xam'd, just far longer and less impressive to look at.

You should've got Death Note instead.

And get Death Note with the money?

I don't know why you think you'll be able to break even when so few bother buying anything on eBay...well, you have had good luck in the past, I suppose.

fabricatedlunatic said:
In my experience packages from Axel Music can take anything between 1 and 3 weeks to arrive. It's very inconsistent.

Ah so not too much to worry about yet then.

I was hoping delivery might be quicker as they are in Europe. I think for me the biggest thing is that they are slightly cheaper than the British sites that have also already paid the duty. It is just a shame I can't be bothered to risk the duty nowadays as I get hit too often and the exchange rate is just too crap to order direct anyway.

Back