The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

fmar.jpg

My Claymore order has now arrived in full, and 8/9 of the books are as new, with minor to no knocks, so I've gone ahead and ordered four of my planned 8-9 book FMA order. The lack of CS is worrying when it isn't unusual for yellow/knocked books to turn up from time to time from them, but it's worth a go for £4.29 each. You can't get much cheaper than £3.99 new, and I pay up to £3 for used manga volumes if I really want them, so it's good value for money.

It's a bit more risky this time around because the FMA covers aren't white. Damage doesn't show up very much when covers are white because dents appear white, but that's obviously not the case with other colours. I'll just have to wait and see/hope I'm lucky.

While I wait for my FMA order, I'll email TBD about volume 10 to TBD to see if I can get any response (it won't be too horrible if I'm forced to keep it) and I'll get cracking on reading Claymore. If I'm happy with the condition of my FMA books, I'll order some more and, depending on my feelings for Claymore at that stage, I might order volumes 13-14 of that as well in order to catch up fully.

After that? I *MIGHT* go for some £3.99-£4.29 Naruto books. I own volume 1-28 and box set form and, despite part 2 sucking in comparison to part 1, I do want to own it in full at some point in the future. It can't hurt to get started.

What I reaally want to do is buy enough high quality content to make-up for the amount of rubbish I've picked up simply because of cheap prices. I have so much that it'd be painful to try and shift because of the number that needs to go. And I'd get little from eBay, even less because of eBay + PayPal taking a large chunk of the profits and forcing free P&P, so it just isn't very tempting to go down that road. Instead, I'm going to buy enough good stuff that the good outnumbers the fail.

I purchased two Moetan artbooks. An amazing online Japanese shop, based in the United Kingdom, ordered them from Japan for me and they should be arriving any day soon.

They are books that were made to help Japanese citizens learn the English language, thus it works the opposite way too. Also, they mainly prioritise in the artwork of cute Loli's and take advantage of this by presenting them in masses of different cute images; such as wearing swimsuits and sitting with their legs slightly open....Loli stuff. This book was basically an exuse to draw such things.

Grabbed the new Gundam Stardust Memory R1 set. I now have all Gundam which has been released over here or in the US until 00 appears :(

I'll worry about the missing series when I get to the bottom of my backlog, by which time real world mobile suits might exist anyway.

R

claymore.jpg

It'd probably be better to wait until FMA 2-5 arrive, but I've already read 6/9 of the Claymore volumes I ordered, and TBD are slooooow. I don't want to have to wait forever to read all the available Claymore volumes when I'll have read volumes 10-12 tomorrow.

I'm spending too much of late (as ever.) I suppose it can't hurt to splash out a bit while I'm in a manga reading mood...

TBD do still have CS, by the way. I emailed them instead of your using the form on their website and I got a message back quickly asking me if I'd take a 30% refund. I'm not sure if they mean 30% off £42 or £4-5 but I thought I'd say yes in case they mean 30% off £42. They did give me 30% off my £60 Naruto box in the past, though I did provide images to support my claim.

Rui said:
Grabbed the new Gundam Stardust Memory R1 set. I now have all Gundam which has been released over here or in the US until 00 appears :(

I'll worry about the missing series when I get to the bottom of my backlog, by which time real world mobile suits might exist anyway.

R

there's a new Stardust memory set? intresting, although i'm not sure if i'll get it yet really, the 08th MS team set is higher on my list to get since i've not watched that one yet

BlackWolf said:
there's a new Stardust memory set? intresting, although i'm not sure if i'll get it yet really, the 08th MS team set is higher on my list to get since i've not watched that one yet

Yep, it had vanished out of print so it was reissued. I'm expecting it to be super thin and barebones in terms of packaging rather than the sexy foil cover of the old one and since it just came out you should be fine to wait a while for it :)

R

While killing time in HMV found a copy of witchblade vol.3 for £7, as opposed to the £16 the other volumes were going for.

Alas xxxholic was not going for £12 like online. Wasn't expecting it to, but doesn't hurt to look :p

If you can get to Bluewater, go into Head (used to be Virgin/Zavvi)

They've mixed up their anime with the movies, so you'll have to trawl through it all alphabetically, but when you get to X, you'll find xxxHolic Part 1 selling for under £7. I think it's a stock clearance outlet now, getting rid of old Zavvi stock, so there's nothing from after the collapse in there. There's no xxxHolic Part 2.

I bought the Gundam film trilogy from the Beez stall, and also a big Akira poster.
I contentedly spent the small budget I allowed myself for this event, but others had rather substantial hauls.

Hmm...my haul from the expo?...

Gurren Lagann Special Edition with Poster
She - The Ultimate Weapon Boxset + OAV
Kanon - Complete Boxset
Tokko - Complete Boxset
Negima - Complete Boxset
Spiral - Complete Boxset
Trinity Blood - ........complete Boxset

Bleach Manga Vols 9-14
Skip Beat Manga Vols 2-3

And finally a Haruhi Suzumiya Wallscroll :)

Almost forget the Zange-chan figurine ;)

I've bought myself
Claymore 1 to 6
12 Kingdoms third novel : The vast spread of the seas
Fantasma - a sweatdrop comic, which caught my eyes because of its title. (Fantasma is portuguese for Phantom)
Gurren Lagann Special Edition
Mushishi the complete collection
MoonPhase complete collection
xxxHolics part 2
Peacemaker Kurogane
Final Fantasy Unlimited complete
Gunbuster / Diebuster bluray set
freedom bluray set
Patlabor movies one and two special editions.

Out of curiosity, since I picked up volumes 4-12 online for for between £4.30-4.80, how much did you pay for Claymore?

lol, you guys sure didn't hold back.

Any of you taken/taking pics of your stuff? I thought I saw a thread for pictures of "stuff" when I joined, but looking through now I can't find one. Worth its own thread, or is it okay to post pics in this thread?

Back