The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Aion said:
Out of curiosity, since I picked up volumes 4-12 online for for between £4.30-4.80, how much did you pay for Claymore?
25 for the lot. around 4.16 each - I'll get more tomorrow, if possible. I've read volume one and two on the train home. So far it's exactly like the anime.

I think the thread is somewhere in the manga section. It's used mainly for listing purposes but pictures can (and I think have) be posted.

And no, it is not ok for you to create another thread.

ilmaestro said:
lol, you guys sure didn't hold back.

Any of you taken/taking pics of your stuff? I thought I saw a thread for pictures of "stuff" when I joined, but looking through now I can't find one. Worth its own thread, or is it okay to post pics in this thread?

chaos said:
Aion said:
Out of curiosity, since I picked up volumes 4-12 online for for between £4.30-4.80, how much did you pay for Claymore?
25 for the lot. around 4.16 each - I'll get more tomorrow, if possible. I've read volume one and two on the train home. So far it's exactly like the anime.

It's pretty much identical to the anime until halfway through volume 11, iirc. It'd probably be boring to read if you do so right after watching the anime.

Does manga always get sold that cheaply at conventions, or did you get the books from somewhere else?

Aion said:
chaos said:
Aion said:

It's pretty much identical to the anime until halfway through volume 11, iirc. It'd probably be boring to read if you do so right after watching the anime.

Does manga always get sold that cheaply at conventions, or did you get the books from somewhere else?
Usually manga anime are sold cheaper at cons, therefore I only buy out of them, if it's a real bargain.
The rest of the year, I keep on saving the money to spend it all at cons, which explains why I've got all of that. I might post some prices and offers later.

sanji no 1 said:
Ninja Scroll Tv series the ultimate collection
ironhidefacepalm.jpg

i brought at the expo today ~not as much as i normaly buy couldn't seem to find anything that grabbed me or wat i wanted~ i could have caught up with bleach and naruto while i was there but i couldn't remember what the last vol i had was and i didn't want to make it the 3rd time in a row ive brought a double lol

Manga
yokai's hunter ~yaoi~
idol pleasure ~yaoi~
you will drown in love ~yaoi~
seriyo univeristy vol 4 ~yaoi~
Love Mode Vols 8 9 10 11 ~yaoi~
Hey, Sensai ~yaoi~
Trinity Blood vols 2-4 6-10 they didn't have vol 5 so will order it else where
gankutsuou vols 1 2
Dogs Vol 0 Prequal

Anime
Ghost Slayer Ayashi Part 2 (vols 3 and 4)

Games
Lux Pain
Flower Sun and Rain ~paid £10 each from the rising star games stand, ive wanted lux pain when it came out but didn't get it at work and for £10 i couldn't not~

Unfortunately i couldn't make the expo but i splurged a few quid anyway...

Anime

Mushi-shi Complete Series
Death Note Vol.5
Claymore Vol.1 & 2
Darker Than Black Vol.1 & 2

Manga

Higurashi: When They Cry Vol.3
07-Ghost Vol.1

I splashed out a little today for the first time since christmas but to be honest, I'm running out of anime to get. Most of the stuff I wanna get hasn't even been released in the US yet & I only really go for complete boxsets. The list is looking empty.

Anyway, I just ordered Texhnolyze: complete boxset, which I'm really excited about.

Also Mushi-shi Complete series & Kino's Journey Complete.

I'm debating on whether to bother with the Final Fantasy complete series (because it's so cheap) & Jyu-oh-sei.

at the very short time i was at the expo today i got:

- FMA series one part two
- Mushishi complete series (WTF 6 Discs crammed into one case!? i'm scared of opening it )
- Magical shopping arcade Abenobashi (an old classic i loved)
- Hunter X Hunter T-shirt

-EDIT-
so i opened the Mushishi and i was suprised that there were holders for the 6 discs in that single dvd case....very slim and compact...and i was somewhat impressed....but would have prefered ADV's boxset style releases (is it called M-lock or Brick ?)
anywho, at the same time i was completly dissapointed with Revelations job on the slip case of Mushihi. all they did was get the R1 slipcase and paste stickers all over it.
and such a BAD JOB to boot!
for starters right on the front it says 4 discs, but on the stickered areas it says 6 discs! WTF...how poor is that?
and on the bottom of the slipcase it still has the R1 DVD region symbol and other US related info....very bad!

Ninja Boy! said:
but would have prefered ADV's boxset style releases (is it called M-lock or Brick ?)

I wouldn't, i hate the ADV sets simply because it feels like i'm breaking the discs trying to get them out, i was very afraid of watching my chrono crusade set because of that :(

still sounds like Revelation took the cheap way out with that set, a pity as i was undecided with it. Althought manga aren't so good with that either :p i have one of their robotech sets and it actually has a bit of paper stuck to the side with the proper number of episodes since they messed it up the first time around :lol:

So Mushishi is packaged in a regular sized multi-disc keepcase? I shouldn't really be surprised because Revelation always use Funimation's R1 packaging and the Mushishi slipcase is designed to hold two thinpak cases -- but you can't fit six discs into two thinpak cases.

Anime
Porco Rosso
Grave of the Fireflies
Laputa - Castle in the Sky
The Girl Who Lept Through Time
Azumanga Diaoh (Complete)
Mushi-shi (Complete)

Manga
Art of Fullmetal Alchemist
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind v. 2
Ouran High School Host Club v. 1
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya v. 2
D.Gray-Man v. 2

Big order to open when exams are over :)

Zin5ki said:
chaos said:
.hack roots and sign at the expo yesterday.
I see you went for both in the end then.

Indeed, they were looking too tempting for me to resist.
I've seen legend of the twilight which everyone consider to be the weakest and I still loved that, so I'm expecting good things from them.

Back