The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

fabricatedlunatic said:
My initial problem was that instead of an ending, we got an anti-climactic montage backed by a syrupy, overly sentimental ballad. Very disappointing.

The montage still ends the film though. The final shots at the end wrap up the story in the best way possible, in my opinion.

Ah well, I guess this all boils down to whether you can appreciate the lovely/cheesy Japanese ballad :lol:

TPPIOED is very good until it takes a turn for the worse halfway through, and 5cm isn't even remotely erotic and is boring as ****. The end.

Stop attempting to converse about topics I don't care for. Instead, try talking about Death Note.

------------

After I saw Rui had messaged me last night to inform me of the latest SS free shipping + 20% off code, I've ordered some stuff. Of course, she most likely got the majority of the good stuff first, like Mermaid's Forest, but I'm not the sort to moan - nope, not at all.

Here's my order list:

1st:

Fighting Spirit, Vol. 10: The Red Wolf - $3.74
Fighting Spirit, Vol. 12: Look of Determination - $3.90
Ai Yori Aoshi: Enishi, Vol. 3 - Destiny - $4.22
L/R, Mission File 4: Assassinations - $4.30
Star Ocean Ex, Vol. 1: The Inception - $3.18
Star Ocean Ex, Vol. 3: Magical Moonlit Flowers - $3.82

2nd:

Star Ocean Ex: Ruins and Hopes - $4.06
Baki the Grappler, Vol. 7: The Hunted - $2.22
Baki the Grappler, Vol. 8: A Brother's War - $2.54
Infinite Ryvius, Vol. 5: Retribution - $2.78
Infinite Ryvius, Vol. 4: Change of Command - $3.19
Rune Soldier, Vol. 3: A True Champion - $1.26
Rune Soldier, Vol. 4: Monsters and Mayhem - $1.50
Nadia - The Secret of Blue Water: Prophecy Fulfilled - $1.67

3rd:

E's Otherwise, Vol. 3: Headspin - $1.50
E's Otherwise, Vol. 4: Suffer the Children - $1.50
E's Otherwise, Vol. 5: The Sacrament of Calvaria - $1.98
E's Otherwise, Vol. 6 - Calvaria: The Will of the Planet, The fate of the Chosen - $3.02
E's Otherwise, Vol. 1: Operation - Gald City - $2.86
E's Otherwise, Vol. 2: Mindbender - $1.82

Most of my orders come down to my needing to fill holes or nostalgia. Simple as that.

I actually want the Fighting Spirit DVDs because the quality of the content. It isn't a 10/10 series - it's far, far, far too repetitive - but it's a solid 8ish/10 series. I already own 12 volumes, so these two will edge me closer to getting a complete collection.

Ai Yori: Enshi has been a bitch to get via SS. First I ordered the art box and volume 1, only for SS to cancel because they didn't have stock (it later reappeared, of course.) Then, moths later, I ordered the volume 1 & 2 singles together, only for SS to cancel my order for volume 2 (volume 2 is on their site for $9.99 right now.) At least I only need the second volume to complete my Ai Yori set now...

The volume of Nadia I ordered I already own - I've ordered it again because my current copy and the replacement SS sent are lacking in terms of quality. I want 'Deep Blue Sea', but that's STILL $5.99 with 9+ copies in-stock. I don't want to spend over £3 when the quality of my Nadia volumes has ranged from **** to mint.

E's Otherwise I got because every volume is cheap as chips and also because it was one of my first ever series. Great opening song and a decent Chop Suey AMV - that's all I remember about it. I know it's a pretty average series but whatever.

Star Ocean EX was my first ever anime, besides Digimon and Pokemon. It's a horrible adaptation that almost put me off anime right away but it's a Geneon title and I already own volume 6.

The rest of my orders were ordered in an attempt to complete (most likely) **** series I have bits and pieces of. I might as well try to complete them...

Aion said:
Of course, she most likely got the majority of the good stuff first, like Mermaid's Forest, but I'm not the sort to moan - nope, not at all.

I'm afraid I've had that one for years already, being a Takahashi nut. I did grab Naruto 12 in the sale; not paying full price for the latter episodes of that. Might make another order in the next few days if stock improves, someone ran off with the volumes of Master Keaton I wanted.

Some of those prices you got are amazing.

R

I was going to order volume 1 of Keaton to have a look at it, but...

What's usually the SS price limit for you? With the pound as it is, I'm usually cheap and try to stay below the $5 mark for a single volume. :D

I did. It's $17.47 before the discount. I would have preferred Funimation's more recent digipack but for that price I'll take the original Tokyopop box set. Same discs anyway.

Good. It would've been fun to point and laugh if you hadn't, though.

I won an auction for volumes 1-4 of the GTO manga some days ago. The seller charged full postage (£6) and I still don't have the goods. :/

I meant to add this earlier: My Wolf's Rain set was sent yesterday, when Justpa's was still packing. :D

Got Rosario+Vampire volume 2 & 3, Skip Beat Vol 1, Psycho Busters Vol 1 and Fate/Stay Night Volume 2

Plus i've put in a order for a Black Cat Saya figure too

I've just placed an order for the 4th volume of Haruhi Suzumiya (finally!) from Sendit.com and for the 3rd volume of Tezuka's Phoenix manga from Amazon's marketplace :]

Today I purchased the Lucky Star official Japanese artbook. I have the Death Note one and adore it so I thought that I would buy another; this time being a different favourite series.

I really like sitting down and looking at artwork of favourite character designs in artbooks. I like looking at all of the settings, designs, and other information concerning them too.

The Code Geass: Part 3 set I ordered from DVD Pacific a few days has entered the shipping stage, according to the email they sent me. It's still showing as being 'On order' on their website.

With the Wolf's Rain set and the final Code Geass set on the way, I've got enough good anime coming to counter the huge amount of average I ordered from SS earlier today.

Ordered some more crap from SSpin. I don't really need any singles (other than KEATON) and nothing much on my wishlist is in stock but I decided to finish up a few annoying series I dropped halfway many years ago in case I want to finish them one day and can't. It's not a high quality list:

Tenchi in Tokyo, Vol. 4: A New Enemy [Signature Series] $2.30
Tenchi in Tokyo, Vol. 5: A New Love [Signature Series] $2.38
Brain Powered, Vol. 2: Family Feuds [2 Discs] $4.62
Brain Powered, Vol. 3: Resolutions [2 Discs] $12.79
Tenchi in Tokyo: A New Ending $2.94
Tenchi in Tokyo, Vol. 6: A New Challenge [Signature Series] $3.34
Tenchi in Tokyo: A New Career $4.46

Also got sets 2 and 3 of PoT because they were there. Even though Viz is stupid and will never finish it.

R

SS have cancelled my order for Ai Yori Enshi (I've now had orders for all three volumes of Enshi cancelled at some point) and, even more annoyingly, one of my orders for Fighting Spirit. Those cancellations make my orders kind of suck considering those were some of the only DVDs I really wanted. :/

Rui said:
Ordered some more crap from SSpin. I don't really need any singles (other than KEATON) and nothing much on my wishlist is in stock but I decided to finish up a few annoying series I dropped halfway many years ago in case I want to finish them one day and can't. It's not a high quality list:

Tenchi in Tokyo, Vol. 4: A New Enemy [Signature Series] $2.30
Tenchi in Tokyo, Vol. 5: A New Love [Signature Series] $2.38
Brain Powered, Vol. 2: Family Feuds [2 Discs] $4.62
Brain Powered, Vol. 3: Resolutions [2 Discs] $12.79
Tenchi in Tokyo: A New Ending $2.94
Tenchi in Tokyo, Vol. 6: A New Challenge [Signature Series] $3.34
Tenchi in Tokyo: A New Career $4.46

Also got sets 2 and 3 of PoT because they were there. Even though Viz is stupid and will never finish it.

R

Rui u ordered Tenchi In Tokyo???

are u after punishment or something? it's terrible :D

shoulda gone with GXP ;)

Ryo Chan said:
Rui u ordered Tenchi In Tokyo???

are u after punishment or something? it's terrible :D

shoulda gone with GXP ;)

Yeah I know I'm nuts. I bought the first three volumes when they first came out on the grounds that it was one of the only DVD shows around and it became one of the very rare series I actually dropped ;)

It was cheap though and my shelves felt lonely with only part of the series on them. At least the OP/ED music was good.

Bought the rerelease of Desert Punk today to atone for my crimes against DVD purchasing earlier in the week.

R

Back