The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Today I bought a beautiful 6-inch figure of Kagami Hiiragi from Lucky Star. It is worth £30 elswhere and is only available in Japan or maybe some anime merchandise shops that request them from Japan. I saw it on sale, brand new, on Ebay for £17: of course I purchased it! Being a fan of Lucky Star and all.

I think myself "lucky" that I came across it. That joke was not even intended. I am happy about that; especially being a fan of Kagami. Akira comes first but Kagami is still amazing.

The last 4 volumes of Urusei Yatsura I was missing, and to make the order up in order to get free delivery, the first Patlabor bunkoban. Here we go again...

I just paid for Astro Boy vol. 2 on eBay, which I got for only €3. I already own vol. 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 of Astro Boy, so that missing vol. 2 was really annoying me. I like eBay's option to donate £1 or £2 to the RSPCA when you're paying for your item :]

From RightStuf's sale:

Gankutsuou Box Set (singles + box)
Infinite Ryvius Box Set (singles + box)
Gantz Season 1 & 2
AD Police Files

Eep. It's just as well I have a birthday next month!

fabricatedlunatic said:
From RightStuf's sale:

Gankutsuou Box Set (singles + box)
Infinite Ryvius Box Set (singles + box)
Gantz Season 1 & 2
AD Police Files

Eep. It's just as well I have a birthday next month!

how reliable are rightstuff?
cos there is some items i would like to purchase from them mainly cos they seem cheap. but i am mostly worried about how they package it for the post, and TAX -__-
also around how much do they charge for shipping to the uk?
let me know asap, thanks in advance

Ninja Boy! said:
cos there is some items i would like to purchase from them mainly cos they seem cheap. but i am mostly worried about how they package it for the post, and TAX -__-
International shipping starts at $10 for one item, then an extra $2 for every additional item.
They say that paying customs (etc) is our responsibility, and they don't appear to mark items as gifts or perform any other tricks to lower the chances of being stung.
One additional thing to consider is the fact they're quite strict to first-time international customers. There's a thread about it here.

Very reliable. Right Stuf's packaging is excellent; they use well-padded shipping boxes with nothing rattling about. As for tax, they have marked down the value of packages they've sent to me in the past, but the above order is by far the largest I've made and I've no idea what they'll do with it. My approach is to assume the worst and factor in the full cost of customs (about 20% of the total pre-shipping order value + £8 handling fee) before placing my orders.

Shipping is $10 for the first item and $2 for every subsequent item. An item can be a single DVD or an entire box set, so it's more cost effective to order sets.

Zin5ki said:
Ninja Boy! said:
International shipping starts at $10 for one item, then an extra $2 for every additional item.
They say that paying customs (etc) is our responsibility, and they don't appear to mark items as gifts or perform any other tricks to lower the chances of being stung.
One additional thing to consider is the fact they're quite strict to first-time international customers. There's a thread about it here.

oh wow, i remember reading about that a long time ago, i completely forgot about it....now having read that again....i'm not so sure now...im tempted to get that burst angel boxset which is really cheap...

I'm a recent convert to Right Stuf. Their bargain bin is just too attractive, even with the postage costs. It's worth the added security rigmarole. Especially when I managed to complete those Revelation no show series for around $6 a disc. With postage it worked out to around £50 odd for the seven discs I was after.

I've just now gone and ordered Niea_7, which is still in their bargain bin for around $8 a disc. Assuming customs don't bite, and given that they marked down the previous packages at $5 an item, they probably won't, then I should get Niea all in for around £30. If I had gone through PlayUSA, it would have been closer to £70.

I've just perused through their massive bargain bin. I have to say, it's probably the largest single collection of cheap anime on the internet. If ever I obtain a Visa or Mastercard, I know where I'll be placing some orders.

The Girl who leapt through Time
Bleach series 3 part 1
Hellsing Ultimate vol 4
P.S probably not the right place to post this ,but what the heck.
I was just looking at the upcoming schedule for anime releases on region 2 and I have to say I'm not that impressed.Apart from Bleach and the upcoming releases of Ghost Hunt and Claymore which I will be getting, there really was'nt anything there that caught my eye.
Any suggestions on the current schedule that might be worth a look?

Well if you haven't seen them already i would say give Gundam 00 and Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagaan a go, i expect more to appear on the schedule after the expo

Urzu seven said:
The Girl who leapt through Time
Any suggestions on the current schedule that might be worth a look?
Looking at the schedule linked at the top of the page, there are some great collections coming out soon if you haven't seen them already.

StarOp is much under-rated, Tex, Mushishi and Mai-HiME are all excellent, Samurai 7 is all-time legendary, and Shana is entertaining enough.

Thanks for the info people,I think I might give starops and shana a look.Ouick question though,maybe my info is wrong but isn't shana into a second season and if so any idea when will we see it on region 2?

Urzu seven said:
Ouick question though,maybe my info is wrong but isn't shana into a second season and if so any idea when will we see it on region 2?

Yes and unfortunately no one has announced this license yet.

Back